Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:45   #4201
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
We are a family of three. I hold multiple cards which have airport lounge access benefits. All cards are in my name as primary card holder, no add on card. Can I use three cards simultaneously for lounge access for all three of us when we travel?
Domestic lounge they usually are pretty ok, not sure how will it work in International Lounge.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 22:49   #4202
BHPian

Quote:
We are a family of three. I hold multiple cards which have airport lounge access benefits. All cards are in my name as primary card holder, no add on card. Can I use three cards simultaneously for lounge access for all three of us when we travel?
Yes you can! The airport lounge just needs 3 different account logins for approving free access to the lounge. I have done that once at Bangalore airport. However, it's better to get add-on cards created for hassle free experience in future travels.
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:00   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. It can be used. When my parents travel out, I handover one of my cards to my father and he had in the past used his and mine for my mom and him. He has used this model at Chennai, Delhi, Mumbai and also at Frankfurt and CDG once. Never had any questions asked.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:52   #4204
BHPian

I have 7 credit cards with various benefits from airport lounge access to air miles and so on. Below is the list:
  1. HDFC Diner's Club Privilege
  2. SBI Platinum
  3. Citibank Platinum
  4. HSBC Platinum
  5. American Express Rewards
  6. IndusInd Platinum Aura
  7. IDFC First Select
None of the above cards offer any advantage for topping up fuel except the 1% surcharge waiver. I am planning to get my first fuel card in order to avail some benefits on the uncontrollable fuel prices. I have come across the below mentioned cards:

Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Pros:
  • 5% cashback on fuel spends across any of the fuel stations in the country
  • 1,200/- Amazon voucher on card issuance
Cons:
  • Annual Fee - 750/- + GST
  • Spend for Waiver - 90,000/-
  • Maximum Cashback per month - 200/-
IndianOil CitiBank Platinum Credit Card
Pros:
  • Spend for Waiver - 30,000/-
  • 250 Turbo Points on the first spends within a span of 30 days from the date of issue of credit card
Cons:
  • Offer limited to IOCL Petrol pumps
  • 4 Turbo points on spending Rs 150 using the credit card. (1 Turbo Point = Re 1 on free fuel)
  • Annual fees of Rs 1000 + GST
BPCL SBI Card
Pros:
  • Welcome offer of 2,000 bonus reward points worth Rs 500
  • 4.25% value back which is equal to 13X reward points equivalent to 3.25% + 1% fuel surcharge waiver on every transaction of up to Rs 4,000 at any of the BPCL fuel outlets
  • Yearly fee - 499/-
Cons:
  • Limited to BPCL Petrol Pumps
  • Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 in a month
  • No information on waiver for renewal fee
ICICI HPCL Coral Credit Card
Pros:
  • Year fee - 199 + GSTNo annual fees for the first year
  • 2.5% cash back and savings of 1% fuel surcharge on purchase of fuel at any of the HPCL fuel stations (minimum transaction value should be Rs 500)
Cons:
  • Spend for Waiver - 50,000/-
  • Limited to HPCL Petrol Pumps
IndianOil HDFC Credit Card
Pros:
  • 5% of the spends as fuel points at any of the Indian Oil fuel filling stations
Cons:
  • Limited to IOCL Petrol Pumps
  • Earn maximum of 250 fuel points per month for the first 6 months and 150 fuel points after 6 months from the date of issue of credit card
  • Maximum cashback of Rs 250 per statement cycle
  • Fee - 599 + GST
From the above comparison, SCB card definitely has an edge over the others in terms of not being limited to any particular brand of pumps, 5% cashback per transaction and welcome gift of Amazon voucher. However, the renewal fee does seem steep and not sure if the cashback will be able to compensate the renewal fee from next year onward.

Is anyone using any one of the above mentioned cards or any other fuel card which is turning out to be a good deal overall? If yes, then would be happy to know about it!

Last edited by Varun_G : 3rd March 2021 at 23:53.
Varun_G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 00:25   #4205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_G View Post
From the above comparison, SCB card definitely has an edge over the others in terms of not being limited to any particular brand of pumps, 5% cashback per transaction and welcome gift of Amazon voucher. However, the renewal fee does seem steep and not sure if the cashback will be able to compensate the renewal fee from next year onward.
Stay clear of SCB card. You can avail max of 500 rupees cashback max per month. So that makes it 6k per year. However, this 500 per month is further divided into 3 categories, each of which is capped.

For fuel, you can only claim 200 rupees per month as reward per month. The minimum transaction to avail cashback is 750 rupees. Further, the 5 percent cashback is actually 2.5 percent surcharge waiver and 2.5% actual cashback.

The best case scenario is that you fill fuel worth 2k twice a month to get 100 rupees actual cashback (the other 100 is surcharge waiver). All in all, you can get max 1200 rupees cashback per year if you end up spending 48k worth of fuel with every transaction more than 750 rupees.

If you are using this card for fuel only and paying roughly 800 as renewal fees(which may be increased in future) every year, the net max benefit you will end up getting is around 400 rupees only.

I am a long standing(since 2006) card holder of SCB titanium and have seen this card benefits getting diluted to a point where it doesn't make any sense. The only reason I am holding on to this card is its age, no renewal fees and the variety it gives me for getting credit card offers for SCB.

I use this card for 4k fuel spend and then use Paytm for fuel post 4k spends. Paytm also gives some variable cashback just to make you feel good.

Last edited by headbanger : 4th March 2021 at 00:32. Reason: Calculation mistake
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 17:15   #4206
BHPian

Today I finally managed to login to my HDFC credit card account. The upgrade offer was no more there. Too bad.

I have been wondering about Axis Bank cards. Sometimes there are good discount on e-commerce websites for this card holders. What is the user experience like dealing with Axis Bank? Are their card benefits good?

I have been holding a Citibank Shopperstop First Citizen card for ages. I never bothered to ask for upgrade. They never offered either. Maybe because I don't use this card much. By same logic I don't use the HDFC card much but they keep upgrading it.

Now I am wondering what grade of MasterCard is this particular Citi First Citizen card. In MasterCard what is the equivalent of Visa Signature?
Old 6th March 2021, 17:21   #4207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have been wondering about Axis Bank cards. Sometimes there are good discount on e-commerce websites for this card holders. What is the user experience like dealing with Axis Bank? Are their card benefits good?
My brother uses axis card and some notable benefits I noticed are:

1. Flat 5%(no cap on amount) cashback on flipkart purchases.
2. Points accured can be encashed.
Old 8th March 2021, 11:58   #4208
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
I have been wondering about Axis Bank cards. Sometimes there are good discount on e-commerce websites for this card holders.
Check out the new Axis bank Ace card. It has flat 2% cash back on every transaction and on paying utility bills through Gpay you get 5% cashback. There's a 500 Rs annual fee but can be waived off for 2 lakh spend. This one is like an upgraded version of the Amazon Pay card.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 12:10   #4209
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Whats the best credit card for fuel bills?
I spend nearly 30,000 a month on fuel. I use a HPCL pump on my way to work. Already have a HDFC Infinia and a Kotak Royale credit card.
Old 8th March 2021, 14:46   #4210
BHPian

Hello guys, which Credit Card is best if one has a high usage? I am planning to pay my rent through my credit card for the obvious advantage of accruing points from it. Currently, I am using Citi Bank Indian Oil credit card, ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card and SBI IRCTC credit card.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by sahil624 : 8th March 2021 at 14:47.
Old 8th March 2021, 14:53   #4211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Hello guys, which Credit Card is best if one has a high usage? I am planning to pay my rent through my credit card for the obvious advantage of accruing points from it. Currently, I am using Citi Bank Indian Oil credit card, ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card and SBI IRCTC credit card.
Thanks in advance
Try to get HDFC Diners Club black or Infinia. Pay rent via NoBroker through these cards.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 20:20   #4212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Hi Guys,
Whats the best credit card for fuel bills?
I spend nearly 30,000 a month on fuel. I use a HPCL pump on my way to work. Already have a HDFC Infinia and a Kotak Royale credit card.
For fuel bills 2 cards come to my mind.
Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium
CITI Indian Oil Card

Both have certain limits / constraints that you need to keep in mind
Old 10th March 2021, 00:34   #4213
BHPian

Two week back I blocked a card because there was two unknown CVV entry attempts. I just got SMS saying payment declined due to wrong CVV. I never made those attempts.

Now, I have pending bill on that card. My dilemma is: should I pay the bill quoting that card number, which is no longer active? If I can't pay to the card number account, what is the other option?

I will certainly call the bank customer care, but any guidance is solicited.
Old 10th March 2021, 07:13   #4214

Quote:
Now, I have pending bill on that card. My dilemma is: should I pay the bill quoting that card number, which is no longer active? If I can't pay to the card number account, what is the other option?
yes you can pay. i have done this many times with cards from different banks. The new and blocked card share the same account.
yogie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 14:07   #4215
BHPian

Quote:

I will certainly call the bank customer care, but any guidance is solicited.
If you check the NetBanking option, the outstanding would've been transferred to the new card. If you have Bank account in that bank, then directly transfer to credit account.
Have done this for HDFC and ICICI.

Most Viewed