Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 13:51   #5611
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I am trying to upgrade my wife's DCB to Infinia (just for sake of visa network) for the past 2 years. She has reached out to multiple sources including her RM, her Branch and Grievance.Redressalcc@hdfcbank.com for the upgrade but all efforts have been dead-ends (despite her Imperia status). As last effort, we have shot an upgrade form using registered post to HDFC Thiruvanmiyur (Chennai) this week, and hoping it would work. BTW, she is eligible for Infinia card any which way we see including her relation with HDFC, her annual spending on DCB, and her annual income on ITR.
The current requirement for Infinia Upgrade is 10 Lacs Credit Limit on Existing HDFC Credit Card and ~7.5 Lacs spends in last 6 months.

If you wife is meeting this requirement, send an email to Priority Redressal Id. Grievance Redressal Email id has a low success rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Not exactly. It's more a case of they apparently having a per person exposure limit either across multiple cards or a single card. This was learnt from one of their more knowledgeable CC executives that I had interacted with a long time ago.

For almost 2 decades, held 3 of their cards due to the fact that each of them were on different platforms (Mastercard / Visa / Diners) and there was a time when the list of airport lounges with tie-ups with each of these platforms were slightly different.
There are many people who have held multiple cards earlier. But now the intent is very clear from HDFC. You wont be able to apply for a second card online in HDFC as compared to SBI, ICICI & Axis. They have a multiple card per user policy and you can apply for multiple cards without needing any special approval from anybody. In HDFC, you need a branch representative to put forth a request to give you a second HDFC card now.

The overall exposure per person that you mention is a normal practice across all banks.
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 17:02   #5612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
From what I understand Axis bank no longer wants additional people pulled into this card so they have made it difficult to obtain it. I guess the only way left is to apply for the Flipkart Axis CC and then after a few months request and upgrade to ACE.
They don’t offer any upgrade option even if you already hold the Axis Flipkart card.
Old 1st August 2022, 00:52   #5613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Google HDFC Netsafe and register with your card there. Then if will allow you to set a static password for your card which can be used by your wife.

I tried this (and it failed, but I think the issue is with daily limits - and there is some timeout associated with the login, so its not even letting me login again for the time being) - but it looks like its a 1-use virtual credit card that requires no OTP?

Any way to make a permanent "netsafe" card - meaning one where the dependent card doesn't need the OTP from the main phone number?
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 18:00   #5614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post

Any way to make a permanent "netsafe" card
Below screenshotis what I used to register for static password. You dont need a virtual card number. Your primary card number will work for this.

There are 3-4 steps (one time process).

1. enter card details
2. enter personal details
3. enter OTP received on mobile/email
4. create netsafe user ID and static password

The static password created on step 4 can be used for checkout everytime instead of OTP. Note that unique OTP is still generated for every transaction but its not necessary anymore.

Second screenshot below is how checkout page looks with static password option enabled. You can enter this static password only on the HDFC checkout page. Most websites send you automatically to this page but note that some ecommerce providers like amazon ask you to enter OTP on their own webpage (fast checkout or simple checkout etc). For such websites, you need to click an hyperlink option on the same page to redirect to HDFC checkout page.

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20220801-5.36.56-pm.png

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot-20220801-5.47.24-pm.png
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 10:37   #5615
BHPian

Looks like NPS payment through credit cards is stopped now.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mon...pfrda/2617017/
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 10:50   #5616
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Looks like NPS payment through credit cards is stopped now.

https://www.financialexpress.com/mon...pfrda/2617017/
Only for tier-II account payments. Glad that they are still allowing for tier-I accounts.
Old 4th August 2022, 10:55   #5617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
HDFC allows only one card per person with a certain exception which can be obtained by going through a branch.
What are these exceptions? Curious to know why I'm one. I hold a Regalia and a Diners card from HDFC (Regalia has been there for a long time and the Diners came as part of my b-school alumni association's deal with HDFC).
Old 4th August 2022, 11:28   #5618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Only for tier-II account payments. Glad that they are still allowing for tier-I accounts.
OT:
I don't have NPS so not sure about the details. Isn't NPS tier 1 more about contribution of salaried private sector employees through their employer with 10% of basic salary limit (payroll deduction). Can one also contribute beyond it separately? I was under the impression that Tier 2 is for that and open for general public. Is it not the case?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 12:08   #5619
BHPian

Quote:
OT:
I don't have NPS so not sure about the details. Isn't NPS tier 1 more about contribution of salaried private sector employees through their employer with 10% of basic salary limit (payroll deduction). Can one also contribute beyond it separately? I was under the impression that Tier 2 is for that and open for general public. Is it not the case?
You can contribute into NPS Tier 1 and claim deduction under 80CCD (1B) upto 50K. The employer contribution on your behalf is eligible for deduction like you said but under 80 CCD(2)
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 12:12   #5620
BHPian

Quote:
OT:
An individual can also open an NPS Tier 1 account. This need not be linked to the employer.
In my case, I opened an NPS (tier 1) account, even before my employer provided the option. I have chosen to continue with super-annuation+EPF with the employer, while i contribute on individual capacity to the NPS.

One needs to have an active Tier 1 account to open a Tier 2 account.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 13:39   #5621
AZT
BHPian

To change your address linked to HDFC credit card, is sending a written letter to their Chennai office the only way. Current address is my previous office and now I want to get it changed to my home address. I don’t have a banking relationship and just have the card.
Old 4th August 2022, 14:05   #5622
BANNED

I must highlight the lack of transparency in application process for HDFC cards. I applied for entry level card to start a relationship and they choose to disaprove for some unknown reasons. Funnily enough, I hold 3 more credit cards for ICICI / SC / RBL bank & have just closed my personnel loands with HDFC & ICICI in same month. My credit score is 850+. Definitely, Credit worthiness is not the cause.

What could be the possible reason and how do i find out the real reason for disapproval. Cust care is not reachable if u do not hold a card and they just send me to "EVA".

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 4th August 2022 at 14:07.
Old 4th August 2022, 14:17   #5623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
To change your address linked to HDFC credit card, is sending a written letter to their Chennai office the only way. Current address is my previous office and now I want to get it changed to my home address. I don’t have a banking relationship and just have the card.
You can go to the nearest branch to your home and fill a form to update the address.
Old 4th August 2022, 14:47   #5624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
To change your address linked to HDFC credit card, is sending a written letter to their Chennai office the only way.
As mentioned - you can walk in to any HDFC Bank branch and fill in the combined address change form (available at the reception desk of branches, or you can download off their website).

Within netbanking there is an address change option accessed via Profile Details > Update Address. Not sure if this requires a banking relationship and not just a card.
Old 4th August 2022, 15:25   #5625
BHPian

Quote:
OT:
As JithinR has already clarified, an individual can also contribute towards tier-1 account. In my case, I contribute 10% through employer and additional 50k for claiming tax exemption.
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks