Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 10:33   #5581
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have had AMEX IA charge card for over 20 years. There was a hefty annual fee, but it was worth it. I got two supplementary cards free. All the charges on the supplementary cards are directly debited to the main card account, so I do not have to bother chasing charges on the supplementary cards.

This year they discontinued the AMEX IA (changed to AI after merger), and offered their Gold Charge card instead. What was the best part is that the new card (with two supplementary cards) is now LFT and I got a refund for the period not used.

AMEX has a decent points scheme and you can redeem the points either as payment towards bills (Rs.0.25 per point) or redeem against various goods. In past I have redeemed my points for Trip abroad, for Cash cards and of course to pay the bill.
Old 18th July 2022, 15:42   #5582
BHPian

Is something wrong with payzapp app recently? I tried to pay mobile bills using two different credit cards but it failed both times.
Old 18th July 2022, 15:58   #5583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
....LFT and I got a refund for the period not used.

AMEX has a decent points scheme and you can redeem the points either as payment towards bills (Rs.0.25 per point) or redeem against various goods. In past I have redeemed my points for Trip abroad, for Cash cards and of course to pay the bill.
Congratulations on getting the Gold Charge Card LTF!
Surprised to see them issue cards.

The best use of the points of Gold Charge card is to redeem for 18k & 24k collection. Link to their website
You can redeem for as high as INR 0.58.

Another good thing is you can rake up points very quickly by doing 6 transactions of min. INR 1000 each, every month.

Best wishes to maximizing the benefit out of this lovely card.

Last edited by turbospooler : 18th July 2022 at 16:02.
Old 18th July 2022, 18:11   #5584
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Is something wrong with payzapp app recently? I tried to pay mobile bills using two different credit cards but it failed both times.
I had the same issue for airtel mobile bill payment. Switched back to airtel app itself to pay.
Old 18th July 2022, 18:18   #5585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
I had the same issue for airtel mobile bill payment. Switched back to airtel app itself to pay.
Coincidentally mine is airtel as well. So i guess it has something to do with airtel. I did payment through amazon pay after that. Did you get the refund of failed transaction?
Old 18th July 2022, 19:23   #5586
BHPian

I have a HDFC Regalia CC for a long time now. I had also applied for and got an additional dependent card for my wife. I have my salary account with them and also loan. So basically I keep all things within HDFC to reduce complexity of operations.

The dependent card has the same number, validity and CVV as my primary card. The only thing different is that the name on the card is my wife's. And both the cards can be associated with only one number (in our case mine). So the OTP's invariably come to me and she has to call and ask for the same whenever she is trying to do an online purchase. I have had multiple rounds of calls with HDFC support about having different numbers associated with primary and secondary cards but they said it is not possible.

So I have now got to look for a CC from another bank which will allow the additional card to be associated with a different phone number than the primary card. Would like to not pay any annual fees but not very much worried about rewards, etc. Can you suggest some options for my use case?
Old 18th July 2022, 19:39   #5587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
The dependent card has the same number, validity and CVV as my primary card. The only thing different is that the name on the card is my wife's.
It is a big surprise to me hearing this. Is this the case with HDFC always?

Quote:
Can you suggest some options for my use case?
I have card from SBI which provides options for having separate phone numbers associated with primary and secondary cards. And yes, the card numbers and the CVV apart from the names are different on both cards.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 20:38   #5588
BHPian

Quote:
So the OTP's invariably come to me and she has to call and ask for the same whenever she is trying to do an online purchase.
You have an alternative. Have you used Verified by Visa? That has a static pin. When you enroll for VbV, you have to set pin. You can share that pin with your wife and she can use that instead of calling you for OTP, every single transaction.
shipnil is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2022, 21:04   #5589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
You have an alternative. Have you used Verified by Visa? That has a static pin. When you enroll for VbV, you have to set pin. You can share that pin with your wife and she can use that instead of calling you for OTP, every single transaction.
I don't get VbV option these days with HDFC. I am also using Regalia. Although I get it for Axis Bank.
Old 18th July 2022, 22:18   #5590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The best use of the points of Gold Charge card is to redeem for 18k & 24k collection. Link to their website
You can redeem for as high as INR 0.58.
While the 18K and 24K Options are good, 0.58 Re per point is for Taj Vouchers. In my opinion, it would be better to convert Amex MR points to Marriott Bonvoy or Hilton Honors and book hotels under them. Can easily give more than 0.58 Re per point value + more bang for the number of MR Points. Have easily averaged 0.6 to 0.8 Re per MR Point for redemptions under these two programs. The best part is it need not be a luxury hotel every time. Can be a mid-range or budget hotel too giving as much as 5 Nights stay for less than 20-30K MR Points.

Quote:
The dependent card has the same number, validity and CVV as my primary card. The only thing different is that the name on the card is my wife's. And both the cards can be associated with only one number (in our case mine). So the OTP's invariably come to me and she has to call and ask for the same whenever she is trying to do an online purchase. I have had multiple rounds of calls with HDFC support about having different numbers associated with primary and secondary cards but they said it is not possible.
Google HDFC Netsafe and register with your card there. Then if will allow you to set a static password for your card which can be used by your wife.

Last edited by tejas08 : 18th July 2022 at 22:19.
tejas08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:05   #5591
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Coincidentally mine is airtel as well. So i guess it has something to do with airtel. I did payment through amazon pay after that. Did you get the refund of failed transaction?
Yes within a few hours, the refund came back to the wallet.
bharanidharang is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 09:46   #5592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So I have now got to look for a CC from another bank which will allow the additional card to be associated with a different phone number than the primary card. Would like to not pay any annual fees but not very much worried about rewards, etc. Can you suggest some options for my use case?
Strange. Most of the dependent cards have same primary number (first 12 for Visa and first 10 for AMEX) and the last set of digits is different. So is the CVV. With AMEX you can configure each card - primary as well as dependent for

. mail ID
. Phone number where OTP will come
. Per transaction spend limit for local currency - at shops
. Per transaction spend limit for local currency - on line
. Per transaction spend limit for international transactions - at shops
. Per transaction spend limit for international transactions - on line

Plus all transactions are debited to the primary account.
and many more.
Aroy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 10:34   #5593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
...With AMEX you can configure each card - primary as well as dependent for

. mail ID
. Phone number where OTP will come
. Per transaction spend limit for local currency - at shops
. Per transaction spend limit for local currency - on line
. Per transaction spend limit for international transactions - at shops
. Per transaction spend limit for international transactions - on line

Plus all transactions are debited to the primary account.
and many more.
Thank you. What Amex card will you suggest of I want no/low annual fees, don't have much expectations of reward points and CC should as much accepted in online/offline Indian establishments as MC & Visa.
Old 19th July 2022, 11:34   #5594
BHPian

I received an HDFC CC offer for Infinia Metal. Can someone confirm if this is a lifetime free card or do I need to meet their spend criteria to keep it free?

The Credit Card Thread-infinia.jpg
Old 19th July 2022, 14:17   #5595
BHPian

Quote:
the OTP's invariably come to me and she has to call and ask for the same whenever she is trying to do an online purchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Google HDFC Netsafe and register with your card there.
Second that. I occasionally use my wife’s Diners Club Black, and use netsafe’s static password instead of otp. Just had to register the card once.
Comrade is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks