Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2021, 12:32   #4576
AZT
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Compared to it's size, Kotak absolutely dropped the ball here. They should be competing with Axis, if not also ICICI and HDFC. Axis tie up with Flipkart, and Amazon Pay ICICI card are good cards to hold. HDFC has these offers on buying Iphones / One Plus and also the occasional cash back on Amazon.

I'm a Kotak account user and it's a good bank otherwise, also heard this from a friend who moved his account there recently. But their credit card is lowest in hierarchy for me, don't even carry it anymore. I have their Royale Signature card.
Old 11th July 2021, 23:08   #4577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Earlier for redeeming reward points there used to be quite a few options in electronics, household items etc. But now I don't see those any more? Is it the same for others too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Using Manhattan cards. Yes, When I checked about 2 weeks back I did not find many options other than gift cards.
The reward options are getting updated again. I see all the categories are back, the items though are still getting updated.

Update on ICICI amazon card: This thing got activated within 2 days and have been pretty great. Am using it for Amazon spends(which honestly have been a lot since lockdown started last year ) & uber primarily. For other spends as well it gives 1% cashback. Since its free of annual charges, I guess this should be in everybody's wallet by default.

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th July 2021 at 23:09.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 09:50   #4578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Same for me as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alto99 View Post
Same for me.
No clarity from customer care, both Amazon & ICICI. From a points perspective, all transactions outside Amazon are showing the points against them. Besides, I believe this is just a tech glitch. Amazon continues to advertise cash back for Apay CC, so I expect the points to come to us.
Old 12th July 2021, 09:59   #4579
BHPian

Quote:
From a points perspective, all transactions outside Amazon are showing the points against them.
You are correct. I didn't realize that till i saw your message here.
Quote:
Besides, I believe this is just a tech glitch.
Even I think so. So, i am waiting for my billing cycle.
Old 12th July 2021, 11:36   #4580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No clarity from customer care, both Amazon & ICICI.
Even I saw it in my ICICI app that no points shown for Amazon purchases.

Funny thing is, it is showing 0 points for a transaction while purchasing, later I had to return it and is is showing (-)10 points for refunded amount.
Old 15th July 2021, 08:15   #4581
BHPian

Absolutely proud of the new teeth that RBI grew to bite into HDFC, Dinersclub, Amex and Mastercard. I wonder if Visa is compliant, if no that will be a big boost to Rupay.

SOURCE
Attached Images

Old 15th July 2021, 10:10   #4582
BHPian

I want to open up a new account with a credit card. Is the restriction on new HDFC customers still there or can I open an account with them?

If not HDFC, can anyone suggest an alternative bank with a good point system? Since we order more from amazon, was leaning towards ICICI Bank, but any other suggestions are also welcome.
Old 15th July 2021, 10:19   #4583
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Is the restriction on new HDFC customers still there or can I open an account with them?
If you have an existing HDFC Credit Card, you can get an upgrade. But if you don't, new cards are not being issued. You can still open an account with them though.

AmEx isn't onboarding new customers either. Then there's the latest RBI ban on MasterCard. You can try getting the StanC Ultimate. Else, there's plenty cards from ICICI and other banks.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:48   #4584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to open up a new account with a credit card. Is the restriction on new HDFC customers still there or can I open an account with them?

If not HDFC, can anyone suggest an alternative bank with a good point system? Since we order more from amazon, was leaning towards ICICI Bank, but any other suggestions are also welcome.
I would get ICICI account.

The Amazon-ICICI is the best for Amazon purchases.

Just Note that with ICICI account you can also get their normal LFT Platinum card. Many purchase schemes off line do not recognize the Amazon card, and that is where the plain card comes in. Recently we bought two AC's using ICICI cards and got discounts as well as interest free 6 month EMI on them.
Aroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 11:31   #4585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If you have an existing HDFC Credit Card, you can get an upgrade. But if you don't, new cards are not being issued. You can still open an account with them though.

You can try getting the StanC Ultimate. Else, there's plenty cards from ICICI and other banks.
Thanks, I do not have an existing HDFC credit card, will try with ICICI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I would get ICICI account.

The Amazon-ICICI is the best for Amazon purchases.

Just Note that with ICICI account you can also get their normal LFT Platinum card. Many purchase schemes off line do not recognize the Amazon card, and that is where the plain card comes in. Recently we bought two AC's using ICICI cards and got discounts as well as interest free 6 month EMI on them.
Thanks, I will look at their various cards and schemes.

One thing to note, I am still a college student with no credit history. I do not know if Standard Chartered or any other banks would give me a credit card if I open a savings account with them.
Old 15th July 2021, 11:32   #4586
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely proud of the new teeth that RBI grew to bite into HDFC, Dinersclub, Amex and Mastercard. I wonder if Visa is compliant, if no that will be a big boost to Rupay.

SOURCE
Can someone briefly describe what is the reason behind all these bans? I am not able to open the link due to the adblocker I use.

Boost to Rupay at the cost of convenience? Not sure what is the acceptance of Rupay currently. And what about people who want to travel abroad or do online transactions on foreign sites?

Quote:
One thing to note, I am still a college student with no credit history. I do not know if Standard Chartered or any other banks would give me a credit card if I open a savings account with them.
More than credit history, lack of an income source might be an issue. Just opening a savings account won't be enough. You might have to make some investments like FD's etc.
You can ask your parents to apply for the card of your choicece and get a linked supplementary card for your use. But then, your parents will know exactly what you are up to

Last edited by Jaguar : 15th July 2021 at 11:37.
Old 15th July 2021, 11:41   #4587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Can someone briefly describe what is the reason behind all these bans? I am not able to open the link due to the adblocker I use.

Boost to Rupay at the cost of convenience? Not sure what is the acceptance of Rupay currently. And what about people who want to travel abroad or do online transactions on foreign sites?
Data localisation laws, enabling better scrutiny/control for local authorities and denying access to authorities that aren't Indian. FSI's need to store data locally in India data centers. They are permitted to process elsewhere but data needs to return the same day and also be deleted from all locations other than India - ARTICLE

Why Rupay ? Depending on the type of credit card, between 3-10% of the transaction value is retained by the service provider, none Indian in this case. Hence the rise of Chinapay / Rupay.

Adding - Acceptance and proliferation of Rupay

Last edited by vinu_h : 15th July 2021 at 11:42.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 12:07   #4588
BHPian

Hello! Can anyone tell me how do I check my Amazon Pay ICICI credit card points on ICICI "iMobile Pay" app if I do not have an ICICI bank account?

Have I downloaded the wrong app? Because I am unable to log in or find out about those points.
Old 15th July 2021, 16:45   #4589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
how do I check my Amazon Pay ICICI credit card points on ICICI "iMobile Pay" app if I do not have an ICICI bank account.
This still works and i dont have an icici bank account either. However i dont think we get points on the amazon pay icici credit card, not sure. I am unable to see my points for this card but can see it for another icici bank cc which is not co-branded.
Old 15th July 2021, 16:54   #4590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Can someone briefly describe what is the reason behind all these bans?
This one.

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/notif....aspx?Id=11244

Issued in April 2018, it gave all payment providers six months time to ensure that data relating to Indians' payment activities are stored within India. It appears that MasterCard didn't comply even after 3 years.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks