Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 12:29   #5326
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 515134
Posts: 293
Thanked: 285 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
OTP from Std Chartered is very irregular for me. I wait up to 30 seconds and nothing, while Axis & ICICI are very very prompt. SC asked me to disable spam and change phones too. Tried all that, no success. How to fix this ?
I had faced this very frequently with SC. Finally figured out that their OTP messages always got filtered as spam by my SMS management app. Had same experience with SMS Organizer and later with Truecaller.
Check if this is the case with you.
rajesh1868 is offline  
Old 23rd April 2022, 11:43   #5327
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 292
Thanked: 1,201 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
OTP from Std Chartered is very irregular for me. I wait up to 30 seconds and nothing, while Axis & ICICI are very very prompt. SC asked me to disable spam and change phones too. Tried all that, no success. How to fix this ?
After requesting for the OTP just try sending a message to your own number and keep the delivery report enabled. This trick has helped me getting the OTP quickly.
aadya is offline  
Old 23rd April 2022, 13:56   #5328
Senior - BHPian
 
bluevolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 3,274
Thanked: 3,470 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Any user experience or reviews on RBL bank Zomato edition classic card?
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:13   #5329
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Jaipur/Mumbai
Posts: 326
Thanked: 876 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any user experience or reviews on RBL bank Zomato edition classic card?
I recently got the Edition card by Zomato. With mine being life time free card and substantial orders from Zomato due to my current circumstances, the card is really good for me with Zomato Pro membership along with the card and 5 percent cash back (as Zomato credits) on Zomato orders and card swipe at any food outlet. However, recently, it is not being offered as LTF card and the Rent payment is not allowed from this card.
sahil624 is offline  
Old 23rd April 2022, 18:33   #5330
BHPian
 
abhi3284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 213
Thanked: 323 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any user experience or reviews on RBL bank Zomato edition classic card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I recently got the Edition card by Zomato. With mine being life time free card and substantial orders from Zomato due to my current circumstances, the card is really good for me with Zomato Pro membership along with the card and 5 percent cash back (as Zomato credits) on Zomato orders and card swipe at any food outlet. However, recently, it is not being offered as LTF card and the Rent payment is not allowed from this card.
I too hold this Card and find it of good value. Being LTF, good benefits, as stated above and 10% cashback on any transactions on your Birthday and 2000 /- Cashback on spending 2L in a year, is additional Bonus. Transactions are also very transparent in the Zomato App. I have earned close to 4200 /- Zomato Cashback in 5 months of usage.


For everyone's benefit, another CC that caught my fancy and that i recently got hold of is Airtel Axis Bank CC. This is too good a Card, if you use Airtel Services. 25% Cashback per month up to 300 /-on Airtel Bills, 25% additional Cashback up to 300 /- on Utility Bills Payment, 10% Cashback upto 500 /- per month on Swiggy, Zomato and Big Basket. All this, for a Joining and Annual Free of 500 /-. Pretty Decent.
abhi3284 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 14:56   #5331
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 64
Thanked: 47 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Need some advice from experienced members, particulary regarding HDFC credit cards.

There has been a campaign from HDFC regarding getting life-time free credit cards, with the offer being valid until April 30. Whenever I login to bank app or netbanking I see the offer "blinking." I have received lots of SMS from bank saying "life-time free, no joining fee, no annual/renewal fee, when we say free we mean it" etc.

Now here comes my confusion. When I start the application process by app or netbanking, the first step involves entering mobile number, getting OTP, entering either DOB/PAN. After doing all this a window pops up saying "you have a pre-approved HDFC Regalia Credit Card. You can make this card lifetime free by spending 1,00,000 (one lakh) in 90 days." If they state life-time free, no minimal spend in their ads, then why this bump?

I currently hold a Kotak Mahindra Urbane credit card with a limit of 2.37 lakhs. The rewards/cashbacks are not much to write about. It's a decent card for someone who does not use credit card much.

My question: The Regalia is definitely superior to my Kotak Urbane, but how do I know they will give me life-time free? On the outside they say life-time free, on the inside their process says to spend 100K within 90 days. If I don't spend 100k and they start charging annual fee, is the card still worth it?

I hold a Preferred savings account in HDFC Bank for the last nearly 10 years. Account is used regularly, actively, mainly for investment in mutual funds.

Last edited by PranavDesai : 26th April 2022 at 15:02. Reason: Forgot to mention some details.
PranavDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 16:39   #5332
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chennai
Posts: 480
Thanked: 2,426 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PranavDesai View Post
Need some advice from experienced members, particulary regarding HDFC credit cards.

My question: The Regalia is definitely superior to my Kotak Urbane, but how do I know they will give me life-time free? On the outside they say life-time free, on the inside their process says to spend 100K within 90 days. If I don't spend 100k and they start charging annual fee, is the card still worth it?

I hold a Preferred savings account in HDFC Bank for the last nearly 10 years. Account is used regularly, actively, mainly for investment in mutual funds.
I am also getting bombarded by this Regalia LTF campaign. It seems I have subscribed to Whatsapp banking, so they are sending messages in Whatsapp too. But for me, their email clearly says 'based on spend criteria' but does not disclose this Rs. 1 Lakh spend in 90 days.

This offer is running for several months since last year. My wife who is also a Preferred savings account holder got this Regalia card in Jan 2022 using the same offer after getting emails for months. She just now has finished the 90 days and met the spend criteria. In the statement itself, card has become LTF without any follow up. So HDFC Bank keeps its promise. Also, she applied it online without any agent help, so they sent the SMS for Rs. 1500 Amazon voucher which she redeemed now.

It was a pain to interact with HDFC customer care to get Global value program that gives 1% cash back on Forex spends (on the 2% mark up fee). You can look up the posts from me in this thread itself. So she was dreading to interact with customer care again to get LTF but it was automatic and was pleasantly surprised.
thanixravindran is online now  
Old 26th April 2022, 17:01   #5333
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: KA 04/TN 23
Posts: 265
Thanked: 1,374 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

I currently have a Axis MyZone Credit Card which I don't use at all due to less offers, I have an option to upgrade it to Axis Privilege Credit Card, which after going through online is no different. Should I take this upgrade?, just to have a healthy credit history.
FURY_44 is offline  
Old 26th April 2022, 17:10   #5334
AZT
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Bombay
Posts: 675
Thanked: 2,560 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FURY_44 View Post
I currently have a Axis MyZone Credit Card which I don't use at all due to less offers, I have an option to upgrade it to Axis Privilege Credit Card, which after going through online is no different. Should I take this upgrade?, just to have a healthy credit history.
Get the limit enhancement but not sure if upgrading card will help credit history. Credit utilization %, timely payments, and history of account are what matter.
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 17:33   #5335
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,305
Thanked: 9,944 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

What is the criteria for credit card upgrade (not limit enhancement) offers given by banks?

I hold a HDFC Times Platinum card for past 7 years. With time, the bank has increased the limit to a 7 digit sum. My existing card was expiring and out of curiosity, I was exploring upgrade options from HDFC. I checked with my RM and also tried online. Both sources mentioned I have the best possible card that they can offer.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 23:25   #5336
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Pune
Posts: 75
Thanked: 120 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
What is the criteria for credit card upgrade (not limit enhancement) offers given by banks?

I hold a HDFC Times Platinum card for past 7 years. With time, the bank has increased the limit to a 7 digit sum. My existing card was expiring and out of curiosity, I was exploring upgrade options from HDFC. I checked with my RM and also tried online. Both sources mentioned I have the best possible card that they can offer.
That's some stupid RM you have there. With a 7 digit limit, you should be eligible for the Infinia. Infinia is usually given out once you cross 8 lakh limit.
ronford is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 06:17   #5337
BHPian
 
fuzzydealhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Toronto
Posts: 77
Thanked: 525 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Looks like HDFC is on a card giving spree since the CC restrictions placed on them got lifted
fuzzydealhunter is offline  
Old 27th April 2022, 10:36   #5338
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 68
Thanked: 64 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Is HDFC Infinia a better value prop than Diners? I am eligible for both. For lifetime/first year free the spend limit is higher in Infinia but feature wise does not look very different form diners club.

And anyone got the First year free on the above cards recently? I pushed my RM but he deflected

Last edited by bhushan08 : 27th April 2022 at 10:37. Reason: Missed adding an additional question
bhushan08 is offline  
Old 27th April 2022, 11:07   #5339
BHPian
 
AdityaLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 81
Thanked: 24 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Need help in talking to someone in HDFC Customer Care. All their listed phone numbers (1800/1860) goes through the IVR and gives options but never allows me to connect to an advisor.

Got a Regalia Credit Card with a lifetime free offer by spending 1,00,000 in 90 days. I do not have a Bank account with HDFC. I am able to log in to their Internet Banking portal but not able to log in to mobile banking however I try. So, trying to reach an advisor to figure out how I can enable Mobile banking for my CC.
AdityaLN is offline  
Old 27th April 2022, 11:24   #5340
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 292
Thanked: 1,201 Times
Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
Need help in talking to someone in HDFC Customer Care. All their listed phone numbers (1800/1860) goes through the IVR and gives options but never allows me to connect to an advisor.

Got a Regalia Credit Card with a lifetime free offer by spending 1,00,000 in 90 days. I do not have a Bank account with HDFC. I am able to log in to their Internet Banking portal but not able to log in to mobile banking however I try. So, trying to reach an advisor to figure out how I can enable Mobile banking for my CC.
Can try using this link. https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks