Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2022, 08:31   #5206
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Is it the same for everyone or i am an one off case. Also their netbanking app is very cumbersome.
I have a SC credit card. I always thought they liked it when people paid late In your case, either ignore their calls or pay off this month's dues before the due date.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 12:06   #5207
Team-BHP Support

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/89547513.cms

I am surprised they are complaining about NetFlix India. They have implemented e-mandate and they are deducting every month without any issue for me.

But the international sites are the real problem. The NYTimes made my subscription free after I discussed with them why my credit card won't work in auto-debit mode. That was nice of them.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 13:16   #5208
BHPian

Anybody using Axis Magnus cards? Specifically how is their points redemption? I have had it for more than a year but because of Infinia never tried to redeem points of Magnus.

The daily limit of 7500 points is what's causing me annoyance. It means any big electronic purchase from Amazon/Flipkat will only give me 7500 points at max.
Old 14th February 2022, 16:28   #5209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/89547513.cms

I am surprised they are complaining about NetFlix India. They have implemented e-mandate and they are deducting every month without any issue for me.

But the international sites are the real problem. The NYTimes made my subscription free after I discussed with them why my credit card won't work in auto-debit mode. That was nice of them.
My payments to Netflix via Amex failed. Since I had a some balance in Paytm that I wanted to clear out, set up mandate via Paytm - even that failed.
Now that holiday season is over and Exam season has started, no one at home is missing Netflix, so, didn't bother following up.
Old 14th February 2022, 16:49   #5210
Team-BHP Support

That must be a problem with amex then. HDFC card has no such issue with netflix.
Old 14th February 2022, 16:56   #5211
Distinguished - BHPian

Since financial year-end is approaching, banks seem to be on a card-issuing spree. I receive a daily call from Axis Bank (different callers) offering a pre-approved Flipkart co-branded card and am getting a little tired of blocking the various numbers that call me now. My wife actually received an ICICI credit card in her name against an account that is barely used (have retained it for the locker only)- she claims she doesn't remember authorising anyone to issue it which is a bit scary. RBL Bank is also texting/sending push notifications daily saying I have received a "free automatic upgrade" to one of their credit cards and all I have to do is give a missed call to some number. Out of curiosity I went to their website over the weekend and looked up said card and, sure enough, this particular card has an annual fee of some 6K (mine is lifetime free).

Quote:
I re-added my credit card as per the instructions on the Netflix site but come month-end the payment failed again. Finally deleted by credit cards from the site and set up a UPI recurring payment. This seems to be finally working.
Old 14th February 2022, 18:57   #5212
BHPian

Axis Bank set to buy Citigroup’s India retail unit

Quote:
The deal would include a cash component of less than $2 billion
Link
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2022, 21:57   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Anybody using Axis Magnus cards? Specifically how is their points redemption? I have had it for more than a year but because of Infinia never tried to redeem points of Magnus.

The daily limit of 7500 points is what's causing me annoyance. It means any big electronic purchase from Amazon/Flipkat will only give me 7500 points at max.
https://www.creditcardz.in/axis-magn...t-card-review/

You can refer this blog for quelling any confusion.
turbospooler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 14:00   #5214
BANNED

Fraud Alert
This time from the defrauding experts at Indiabulls.
Dhani (new fangled app based fintech from Indiabulls promoters) is apparently disbursing loans using random KYC/PAN details - ie. the loan recipient is different from the person in whose name the loan is being sanctioned.

Read this twitter thread for details.

Name:  Screenshot 20220216 at 134749 Aditya Kalra on Twitter.png
Views: 408
Size:  74.4 KB

Another word of caution, avoid signing up with all the new fintech companies offering credit cards and/or a line of credit unless it is one of those backed by an established bank. We don't know their data security practices etc. so assume your adhaar/PAN/KYC might be misused and your credit history might get hammered.
Electromotive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 15:19   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electromotive View Post
Another word of caution, avoid signing up with all the new fintech companies offering credit cards and/or a line of credit unless it is one of those backed by an established bank. We don't know their data security practices etc. so assume your adhaar/PAN/KYC might be misused and your credit history might get hammered.
There are safeguards in all FSI's and employees need cause to access a customer's record. If you need PAN# of people, look no further than the passenger list on a railway bogie. Use of financial instruments like PAN as identity proof is wrong and very common.

I personally use postal ID card or voter card as ID proof. These even if misused, won't really hurt you.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2022, 16:47   #5216
BHPian

I have this issue where my Indigo account is not showing that i am a 6E Rewards customer though i got HDFC Indigo XL life time free card (free upgrade from Regalia) in Dec and 2 billing cycles happened. After multiple calls to Indigo they say, the points will be credited once every quarter.
Is this really the case ? So till the points get credited in April i will not be able to see it it seems. Do share feedback on your experience with Indigo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I had converted my HDFC entry level credit card to HDFC Indigo more than a year back. I remember reading somewhere in fine print about the conversion ratio of reward points during the card upgrade, can't exactly recall where now. The reward points gets transferred based on this conversion rate.

Even I had a tussle on the reward points initially with HDFC who asks you to contact Indigo as it is their department, who in turn said that they won't transfer the reward points during upgrade and it will be lost during the process. After a whole lot of conversations with Indigo/HDFC where they keep passing the ball to each other's court, I decided to forget it as the points weren't huge enough to make a difference. But surprisingly it was credited to my indigo account in the next billing cycle.

Just try to see if the points credited are for any new purchases made using Indigo XL or not. There was a delay in my instance. You could try reaching out to both the customer support for resolution - which is indeed quite a pain, and I had the exact same black hole thoughts.
Old 19th February 2022, 00:02   #5217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
So it has been 4-5 weeks and I have not even received a single call or text message on the application. The application status still says ‘INPROCESS’.
It has been 8 weeks. Not a single text or call. But they promptly did a hard pull on my credit report on the day 1 of the application (seen from my CIBL subscription).

The application status page still says INPROCESS.

If they are not interested in issuing a card for those who don’t have an existing relationship with HDFC, they should ask that before accepting an application instead of accepting it and doing a hard pull on the credit report.

I know they are not obligated to provide me a credit card and it is their discretion but this kind of lethargic attitude in not even acknowledging an application is not a thing I have often seen in modern times. Must take some special kind of culture rot from top to down in the organization. Anyway, I will just move on.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 19th February 2022 at 00:04.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 12:50   #5218
BHPian

Quote:
The NYTimes made my subscription free after I discussed with them why my credit card won't work in auto-debit mode. That was nice of them.
Very nice, I should have tried it too with NYTimes.

What I did instead was a workaround and might be helpful for other NYTimes subscribers too. NYTimes offers 'Gift Subscriptions' which only requires one time payment. So I just created another free NYTimes account and 'gifted' a subscription to my primary account.

As the card is charged one time for gifts it accepts Indian credit cards fine. Costs Rs. 1k/yr when I was paying Rs. 600/yr before. The Rs. 400 difference was not that much for me to worry about it.

It also avoids chatting or talking with the NYTimes customer retention team for extending the subscription at current rates after the annual cycle or canceling the subscription, as gifted subscriptions don't need a credit card on file and you can just let it expire.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 19th February 2022 at 12:51.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 19:29   #5219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
The GVP is available for most of the cards of HDFC including Regalia.
HDFC has removed the web links to all the information on GVP (maybe they want to discontinue or reduce the number of enrolments). I have my renewal coming up in 10-15 days. Will update if I get charged for this or not.

The only way to enroll is by calling customer care (unfortunately).
There is an old phone number and the options may have changed, but you can try it as below:
Call on 040-61606161. Then press 3, then 1, then enter last 4 digits of CC, then 1, then card PIN, then 2, then 3 and finally 9.
Do try your luck
A small update: Finally GVP was activated yesterday after a bit of a drama on the Regalia card. We could not 'talk' to the customer care and mails do not receive proper reply. So took the route of Grievance email few days ago and immediately there was a call asking about the needs. And within a day, an email was sent with the features and Terms & conditions (as you wrote) and requesting email consent. On providing the consent, it was activated and card account charged the very next day.

Also, another activity was closed during the 'Grievance' session. Priority pass was applied 10 days ago (after the necessary 4 transactions rule) but there was no trace of any reference number, no SMS/email confirmation, status or tracking activity. It was also highlighted during grievance call and was sent immediately within a day.

So HDFC as a whole needs a lot of improvement in the Digital space.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 21:57   #5220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
After multiple calls to Indigo they say, the points will be credited once every quarter. Is this really the case?
I'm afraid that's correct. The points are accrued or credited within 3 months of the cycle. This month I'm expecting Nov month's points to be credited.

I know it's a bummer, since I don't use this card much, I've stopped tracking the points altogether. Didn't find it worth the effort!
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks