Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2022, 14:26   #5311
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
I am using UNI card. There are absolutely no hidden charges that I have faced. The formula is simple-either the transaction gets divided into 3 equal parts OR if you pay in full, you get 1% instant cashback that gets adjusted in monthly statement.
Sorry for OT and noobie question, is it better to opt for UNI card or add on card? I was thinking of getting an add on card from HDFC for my wife but which is better UNI card or add on credit card?
Old 7th April 2022, 14:34   #5312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Could you please share the hack?
Sadly, a hack if shared on a public forum no longer remains a hack. It becomes a loophole that needs to be fixed by the bank / card issuer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Sorry for OT and noobie question, is it better to opt for UNI card or add on card? I was thinking of getting an add on card from HDFC for my wife but which is better UNI card or add on credit card?
Add-On card of HDFC.

Last edited by tejas08 : 7th April 2022 at 14:35. Reason: Additional Quote & Response added
Old 7th April 2022, 14:43   #5313
BHPian

Quote:
It entirely depends upon your need. At the end of the day, whatever option you choose for, it's a financial tool that your wife will use.

My thought process is that if you are interested in the features and benefits provided by a new credit card, opt for the new card. Another use case can be that if your wife wants a new credit card in her name, opt for the new card to just add variety to your overall buffet of cards.

Conversely, if you are going to pay for spends done by your wife and the card serves as a convenience, opt for an add on card. It will be easier to obtain from the bank since the overall ownership of primary and add on card lies with you and your KYC would have already been done by the bank.

Last edited by headbanger : 7th April 2022 at 14:44.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:59   #5314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From what I remember, OTP used to come to primary card holder’s mobile number in case of HDFC, so add-on card is pretty much useless for online purchases if that’s still the case.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 15:11   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
From what I remember, OTP used to come to primary card holder’s mobile number in case of HDFC, so add-on card is pretty much useless for online purchases if that’s still the case.
You have the option to generate a Static Password for Add-On Cards in HDFC for online transactions. No need for OTP for addon cardholder.

Search HDFC Netsafe on Google and follow the procedure to generate a Static Password for your HDFC Credit Card.
tejas08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 16:55   #5316
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Sadly, a hack if shared on a public forum no longer remains a hack. It becomes a loophole that needs to be fixed by the bank / card issuer.
Then help us with a DM
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 19:00   #5317
Distinguished - BHPian

'Downgraded' my HDFC Diners Black to Regalia. Some of my most frequented niche online stores and local shops weren't accepting DBC. Regalia should be much better.

Also, want to start using Google Pay NFC on my OnePlus. Works like a charm with my SBI card.
Old 7th April 2022, 21:56   #5318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Citi IOC card gives complete surcharge reversal. But it is not the same with Amazon ICICI card & Infinia where the surcharge is not completely refunded. So when it comes to fuel I feel the best card is Citi IOC for fuel reward points as well.
The Amazon Pay ICICI card had a condition where the complete surcharge was refunded only if you bought fuel at HPCL outlets through ICICI POS machines.

This condition has since been removed and you will now get your entire fuel surcharge (including IGST) refunded irrespective of the fuel outlet and POS machine.
Old 7th April 2022, 22:40   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
'Downgraded' my HDFC Diners Black to Regalia. Some of my most frequented niche online stores and local shops weren't accepting DBC. Regalia should be much better.

Also, want to start using Google Pay NFC on my OnePlus. Works like a charm with my SBI card.
Even I think of doing this 'downgrade' many a times. The only reason I am holding it back is it's conversion rate (from points to Amazon/FK GV). And anyway, most of my card usage is online, so there is no issue with the acceptance there. But I do agree that, at some of the offline stores, this card just does not work.
Old 7th April 2022, 23:01   #5320
AZT
BHPian

Got this mail from AMEX. Not sure what’s happening but I hope they aren’t changing the points transfer to hotels and airlines partners.

The Credit Card Thread-1e8377cd33e8482eb1e47f868db9a2ab.jpeg
Old 8th April 2022, 08:18   #5321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I usually buy 10k Amazon vouchers every month using my infinia card from smartbuy.

Today I noticed that the monthly limit for buying Amazon vouchers is reduced from 10k to 5k.

First they reduced bonus reward points from 10x to 5x, now this
HDFC has been on this route for a long time now, im a diners black card holder and remember the good old days when one could save 33% with 10x points. They have to stop with downgrading their premium cards every quarter.
Ashutosh_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2022, 13:48   #5322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Is there a way to use my ICICI APay CC for IRCTC transactions, Fastag Payments and TataSky recharge?

However much I try, finally these gateways make me use net banking.
Paytm is the only app that lets you recharge any bank's Fastag through the ICICI Amazon Pay credit card (and that too without any gateway charges).

Every other gateway that I know of mandates the netbanking option for Fastag recharges.
Old 10th April 2022, 07:36   #5323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Got this mail from AMEX. Not sure what’s happening but I hope they aren’t changing the points transfer to hotels and airlines partners.
I suspect Amex might be considering revised lower validations of points. Probably like the others, side effect of inflation and spiralling costs of everything on all sides which would have probably triggered revised negotiations with partners.

Gotta love the state of things right now
Old 11th April 2022, 09:15   #5324
BHPian

OTP from Std Chartered is very irregular for me. I wait up to 30 seconds and nothing, while Axis & ICICI are very very prompt. SC asked me to disable spam and change phones too. Tried all that, no success. How to fix this ?
Old 11th April 2022, 09:55   #5325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
OTP from Std Chartered is very irregular for me. I wait up to 30 seconds and nothing, while Axis & ICICI are very very prompt. SC asked me to disable spam and change phones too. Tried all that, no success. How to fix this ?
Don't worry, depending on network congestion I have waited upwards of 150 sec for OTP from ICICI cards. I would not bother unless this is a regular affir, but even then you cannot do any thing about it.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks