Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2022, 18:18   #5371
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Do they ship a physical card to your address or it is a e-card only?
Physical card will be shipped.

On Friday I was on a call with Axis customer care regarding credit limit enhancement for my Flipkart Axis CC which they declined stating that it's automatic offer and I should wait another 6 months and check. Already 6 months is up and I have paid all my dues on time and have utilized the card well including some purchases beyond the limit and pre-paying the amount before the bill generation. Not sure why Axis is being stingy with the limit. All my other credit cards have 6 digit limits but this Axis FK CC limit is barely even 50k. Anyone know any other way to get the limit increased without waiting for another 6 months?
Also before disconnecting the call the guy mentioned about the new Airtel Axis CC and asked if I'd be interested and I ended up signing up for it. This is the first of my cards which would be having a annual renewal fee. The renewal fee is 500+90(GST) and initial fee for 1st year is also the same but I'd get a Amazon GC worth 500 for making a transaction within 1st month which should make up for the 1st year fee. I am a Airtel user, so I hope I will be able to make good use of the cashback it offers for Airtel transactions. The annual renewal fee can be waived off by spending 2L in a year, but this doesn't look feasible for me since I have multiple cards now and my transactions would be split among few cards to make best use of cashback/rewards they offer.
Old 16th May 2022, 18:49   #5372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Anyone know any other way to get the limit increased without waiting for another 6 months?
I found the best way to increase credit limit is by doing nothing. I remember requesting twice to ICICI for a credit limit increase on my Amazon ICICI CC. I had good scores, good repayment history and also salary had increased over time but still they denied my request citing the limit is at the maximum. Fast forward a few months, I was going through the ICICI mobile app and suddenly saw that my credit limit increased 8x without even a notification. I still wonder if it was an error or something, but I'm not complaining.

Even HDFC, almost always they say you're not eligible for credit limit increase when you request but they end up calling a few weeks later saying our system shows you're eligible for a credit limit increase.
logicalidiot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 20:03   #5373
BHPian

Quote:
Physical card will be shipped.
I already had an ICICI card and I tried applying for this. I actually got the card immediately as a digital card and my current card and this amazon card will share the same credit limit. I have to check card CVV details from the ICICI Mobile App to use the card online. So I am assuming there is no physical card for me but only a digital one.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 21:11   #5374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
So I am assuming there is no physical card for me but only a digital one.
That's not how it works. You need to have the physical card with you. Banks these days provide the card details on their app for convenient access but that doesn't mean that it's a replacement for the physical card unless it's a Virtual card but the Amazon ICICI isn't a VCC. Contact ICICI customer care and find out why physical card hasn't been delivered to you yet. Credit cards are meant to be used in POS machines as their primary function, without a physical card you are restricted to online transactions only.
Old 16th May 2022, 22:27   #5375
BHPian

Quote:
That's not how it works. You need to have the physical card with you. Banks these days provide the card details on their app for convenient access but that doesn't mean that it's a replacement for the physical card unless it's a Virtual card but the Amazon ICICI isn't a VCC. Contact ICICI customer care and find out why physical card hasn't been delivered to you yet. Credit cards are meant to be used in POS machines as their primary function, without a physical card you are restricted to online transactions only.
The FAQs mention that a physical copy will be sent in 7 days and the card will be instantly approved for existing ICICI card holders.
Old 18th May 2022, 11:19   #5376
BHPian

For some strange reason, HDFC is sending me notifications for target spend offer with a deadline of 30-Apr.

Can I assume that this offer is for May and this might just be a typo error? Anybody else received this.

The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_2022051721395271_6012fa4d4ddec268fc5c7112cbb265e72.jpg
Old 19th May 2022, 10:17   #5377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
For some strange reason, HDFC is sending me notifications for target spend offer with a deadline of 30-Apr.

Can I assume that this offer is for May and this might just be a typo error? Anybody else received this.

Attachment 2309219
I have been getting this since April. When you open the notification it says expired. So what is being show seems accurate.
arsudarsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 20:33   #5378
BHPian

I was short of credit for the transaction but tried anyway and it strangely went through. Limit is now zero in my Std chartered. Will I be charged a fee for this ? I immediately put in ₹20k to avoid any possible penalties.
Old 26th May 2022, 22:17   #5379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I was short of credit for the transaction but tried anyway and it strangely went through. Limit is now zero in my Std chartered. Will I be charged a fee for this ? I immediately put in ₹20k to avoid any possible penalties.
Limit mentioned on your card is not a hard limit. You can go beyond that limit and when you do then you will be charged some penalty (even affects CIBIL) for crossing it when the statement is generated unless you pre-paid before the statement generation. So if you have pre-paid some outstanding amount to bring the total outstanding amount below the given limit before card statement generation then you should be okay.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 09:59   #5380
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I have been using it for over a year. It is a decent card. The main benefits are 1.5% markup on foreign currency transactions, domestic and international lounge access and 2.5% reward rate on any spending after 30k each month.
Hi Lobogris,

Did you have to open a savings account in their portfolio for this card?
I am a little worried about these banks damaging credit score credibility (I know I might be completely off here)

Dear members,
I am getting a diners black card for free (lifetime) at no charges. Wanted to check - how is the acceptance for majority of the regular expenses?

Also, I did not understand the concept of priority pass. Does one get it for free with Diners black?

Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 10:46   #5381
BHPian

Onecard's metal card is nice. Lifetime free, easy approvals and good offers for now. Most shopkeepers are bemused holding a very heavy card .
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 11:26   #5382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi Lobogris,

Did you have to open a savings account in their portfolio for this card?
I am a little worried about these banks damaging credit score credibility (I know I might be completely off here)
I did hold savings and fixed deposits with healthy balances. IDFC Wealth is mostly issued to premium customers. I am not sure what you mean by "these banks damaging credit score credibility". If you mean that somehow your credit report would look bad by having a card from IDFC then I don't think there is any valid basis for that. If you mean IDFC would report some wrong information then that is not correct either. They have been properly reporting the balance, payment status and credit limit to the credit bureaus.
Old 29th May 2022, 10:22   #5383
BHPian

I constantly get notifications offers for HDFC cc upgrade. I'm currently on regalia first life time free now and the upgrade seem to be to Regalia, millennia and money-back. I guess everything except regalia is a downgrade. The offer email mentions just "no joining fee". I'm not sure if I'll retain my life time free status too? Or is it a try by bank to convert me into a annual fee customer?
Old 29th May 2022, 11:10   #5384
ZMG
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I did hold savings and fixed deposits with healthy balances. IDFC Wealth is mostly issued to premium customers. I am not sure what you mean by "these banks damaging credit score credibility". If you mean that somehow your credit report would look bad by having a card from IDFC then I don't think there is any valid basis for that. If you mean IDFC would report some wrong information then that is not correct either. They have been properly reporting the balance, payment status and credit limit to the credit bureaus.
Thanks for your reply.
I had read somewhere that the new fintech cards might hamper your cibil score.
Guess it should not happen here.
Old 29th May 2022, 20:41   #5385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Thanks for your reply.
I had read somewhere that the new fintech cards might hamper your cibil score.
Guess it should not happen here.
IDFC is a full fledged bank. It is not a fintech.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks