Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 13:02   #5416
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
Converting in SIA Airmiles and doing a award ticket booking.

The revenue value of the same was around 1.5 Lacs. Via Smartbuy, this would have needed 1.05 Lac Infinia Points + 45K Rs. So Arithmetically, a value of around 1.8-1.9 Re per Infinia point.
Quick questions - how does one convert infinia points to any other airmiles?

Seems I have been wasting way too many infinia points in booking via smartbuy.
Old 1st June 2022, 13:21   #5417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
Quick questions - how does one convert infinia points to any other airmiles?

Seems I have been wasting way too many infinia points in booking via smartbuy.
Had posted a Thread on Twitter some time back on how to convert Infinia Points to Airmiles.

https://twitter.com/tejasghongadi/st...35263756132353
tejas08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 13:46   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Guys,

Is there transaction charge even for debit cards?
I filled fuel worth 2.3k, swipe machine showed 2.3k.

But when i see the account statement it shows 2320.8? This was not the case previously. (Between using citi debit card)
Hi, It has been some years since I used a debit card for fuel purchase. As far as I recollect, the surcharge amount would not be displayed in the POS terminal, this would appear in the transaction later and the bank would reverse it.
whitewing is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 14:06   #5419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
One question - How this rent payment works that most new age companies offer? I thought you just pay your rent by online bank transfer (now UPI) to land lord account or give cash. Sorry if this is too basic question.
Very similar to loading balance to an online wallet using CC and then transferring that balance to an bank account. RentPay option being offered by the likes of CRED/NoBroker/RedGiraffe etc are mainly to make rental payments using CC which allows you to utilize the features of your CC (Interest-free credit period, reward points, EMI option etc). There will be a transaction charge though which varies from 0.5 to 3% of the total rent amount. Initially many apps provided cashbacks/coupons/additional reward points to offset the transaction charge but as of now most of those offers have been withdrawn. Currently one of the best app is RedGiraffe which offers one of the lowest transaction charge for making rental payments using CC and they also provide their own reward points which can be redeemed while purchasing gift cards (with discounts) of various merchants listed on their portal.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 18:33   #5420
BHPian

For the sake of cibil score and for a benefits of few thousand rupees in terms of points, I'd stay away from credit cards. It's just not quite comfortable for me. I'm better off with a savings account for the time being at least.
Old 1st June 2022, 18:50   #5421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
For the sake of cibil score and for a benefits of few thousand rupees in terms of points, I'd stay away from credit cards. It's just not quite comfortable for me. I'm better off with a savings account for the time being at least.
It's not just few thousands. If you have the spends, you can also reap benefit on lakhs. Just check how Tejas redeemed points for a return trip to Bali for the whole family on Business class for just 12K INR.
ronford is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 18:51   #5422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Hi, It has been some years since I used a debit card for fuel purchase. As far as I recollect, the surcharge amount would not be displayed in the POS terminal, this would appear in the transaction later and the bank would reverse it.
Yes, it appears only in the statement irrespective of debit/credit card.

Bank would reverse the surcharge minus the tax component.
Old 1st June 2022, 19:02   #5423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_gear View Post
Thanks for thoughts.

1. This practice doesn't sound logical from accounting basics perspective.
2. I could not find this in written on their website informing customer specifically about such non recognition of reversal of transaction.
3. Is it in line with RBI guideline at least?

Any other thoughts?
Coincidentally, RBI has brought out a guideline targeting your exact problem!

For once a regulation that actually makes sense.

Here is the exact regulation:

"Any credit amount arising out of refund/failed/reversed transactions or similar transactions before the due date of payment for which payment has not been made by the cardholder, shall be immediately adjusted against the ‘payment due’ and notified to the cardholder."

You can read more about the latest guidelines here: link
Old 1st June 2022, 19:29   #5424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronford View Post
It's not just few thousands. If you have the spends, you can also reap benefit on lakhs. Just check how Tejas redeemed points for a return trip to Bali for the whole family on Business class for just 12K INR.
Agreed, but still it might take a while for me to adapt to the credit card way. Thanks though!
Old 1st June 2022, 19:59   #5425
BHPian

Other than trying my luck on clearing my outstanding CC bill, what is the utility of CRED app? Can anyone please explain? (I am planning to remove the app since long)
Old 1st June 2022, 20:23   #5426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by top_gear View Post

My Argument : If i pay Rs 5000 towards outstanding and resersal of Rs 5000 will leave me Rs 5000 blocked on card as credit and i will be forced to use credit card to consume this 5000.

Well, how to tackle this as credit card company says their system is correct and this is how it should work(?)
I have been through this before and will ask you to send an email to the customer care giving facts. They will definitely reverse as for you on the due date for payment the balance outstanding is NIL. If that doesn't work search for the nodal officer details and send a note to him/her and also ask them to confirm that this is not reported to CBIL
Jude300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:25   #5427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
Other than trying my luck on clearing my outstanding CC bill, what is the utility of CRED app? Can anyone please explain? (I am planning to remove the app since long)
My understanding is you get points which you can redeem for stuff.

Why are the giving you points for something that you will already do? Because here CRED is in the business of monetizing you payment habit + trying to sell some additional pacakages/insurance. ( with “you” been the product)

Others: have I missed anything?
Old 1st June 2022, 20:59   #5428
BHPian

Hi - I am seeking experience of fellow members of using 'IDFC First Wealth' cc. I saw lot of people sought feedback, but couldn't see it. Would love to know the thoughts. I also have HDFC Regalia which I have been using for 7-8 years, but their reward rate has gone considerably low the reward points to value ratio is 4:1, which is quite bad!
Old 1st June 2022, 21:07   #5429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livetodrive View Post
You can earn good cashbacks if you know how to milk the system. I earned around ₹400 in May. I would have earned much more if I had more patience.

Some ways in which I earned cashbacks.

1. Cred Bounty (It's discontinued now)
2. For every ₹1000 you pay for every credit card, you get to spin a wheel 5 times for next three days. Can get small cashbacks. You can make payments of your card in multiples of 1000s every 3 days. If you have many cards you can win a lot more. For every ₹1000 payment, I won somewhere between ₹20-30. 2-3% cashback is actually really good! I did it a few times but then I ran out of patience and paid the whole outstanding amount one fine day.
3. You predict cricket scores, share price, sports performances etc. After predicting for 7 days straight you get eligible for cashback.(₹20-30)
4. You can make payments for Zepto, Vi, Swiggy etc and get additional cashbacks.
5. You can make utility bill payments (electricity, gas, insurance etc.) and get cashbacks.

There are some cashbacks on paying rent, society maintenance etc. But didn't find it worthy as they take some service charge.

If you have multiple credit cards and patience, you can easily earn ₹.1000-2000 cashbacks per month.
fazayal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 21:10   #5430
BHPian

Guys... Can somebody suggest me a CC (easy to acquire and low joining & annual fees) which give priority pass membership with complimentary international lounge visits
amritpal2489 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks