Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2020, 13:30   #3916
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
I wanted to get a YouTube Premium Subscription, but I'm unable to add ANY of my new Visa Credit Card & Debit cards to Google Play AppStore. The cards are activated for all types of transactions - PoS/ECOM. My old Visa Credit card used to work, but it expired in June 2020.

Any clue what else I can try ?
If you haven't used the new cards for any international transactions till date, that option would be blocked in line with a recent regulatory guideline.

Try enabling international transactions for the card via your bank site and check.
Fx14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 15:36   #3917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Even bought Google Play voucher from PayTM, but YouTube subscription accepts only a CC/DC.
It supports google play voucher as well. I'm using family membership for the last one year or so, and just today i re-filled for 2000 using the play voucher bought from Amazon.
smnrock is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2020, 15:41   #3918
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences/info. As long as its going to be carried over to next month, its going to be fine. As for the refund to bank account, I currently do not need it and it can stay in the credit card account. But since it wasn't the case with my corporate card, they refunded it without me asking it I was confused what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS80 View Post
audioholic:

I work for a bank's call center and I can vouch for the below information.
Funny note: a bank never wants your credit card to be in credit and debit card to be in debit.
Hehe true When they charge insane interest rates if we dont pay the entire statement amount, in this case where I pay excess amount they should also treat me nicely and not just carry it over to next month. But yes, overpaying wont help their business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
You can leave the amount to pay the future bills.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
. Since this is a bit of hassle, I just let it be and adjust it against future purchases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I routinely end up in this situation. It only means the negative amount will be adjusted in the next statement.
Old 25th October 2020, 16:45   #3919
AZT
BHPian

The interest on interest waiver scheme also covers credit card dues and it seems the govt is offering an ex-gratia amount to those who paid on time. My personal opinion is tax payer funds should not be used to reimburse for Credit Card dues / Personal loans as this sets a bad precedent. Also, in general, any waiver is massively unfair to those who who choose to just use debit cards / pay by cash and also those who don't like the idea of taking out loans but saving up / paying upfront for everything.

Anyway since this is happening, below are some details regarding the scheme.

Quote:
The lending institution has to be either a banking company, or a public sector bank, co-operative bank or a regional rural bank, or All India Financial Institution, a non-banking financial institution, housing finance company or a micro finance institution.
Source
Quote:
The government has said lenders have to credit borrowers on or before November 5. Lenders will have to claim reimbursement from the government by December 15.
The government also said that an “ex-gratia” amount would be given to borrowers with loans up to 20 million rupees that had not availed the moratorium during the six month period.
Source
Old 25th October 2020, 19:24   #3920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...Some Google products' billing requires your card to be enabled for forex transactions (and not for some others). Did you check that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
If you haven't used the new cards for any international transactions till date, that option would be blocked in line with a recent regulatory guideline.

Try enabling international transactions for the card via your bank site and check.
Checked with these with the bank also, international transactions are enabled (I had bought my cousin some laptop component from AliExpress in July), its some weird issue with Google that many people are facing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
It supports google play voucher as well. I'm using family membership for the last one year or so, and just today i re-filled for 2000 using the play voucher bought from Amazon.
Champion!
In my struggle with the CC/DC, I didn't realise I needed atleast 1 months balance as a Voucher !
Old 26th October 2020, 11:01   #3921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Too bad, I was looking for a good starting card for my wife and this seemed like a great option.
Sir, this may be of interest to you. Axis Bank ACE Credit Card. As you are looking for a starter card for ma’am. With cash backs / points.

Link: https://www.cardexpert.in/axis-bank-...e-credit-card/

Quote:
So what about the joining and renewal fees?

Joining Fee: Rs.499+GST (reversed upon spends of Rs. 10,000 within 45 days)
Renewal Fee: Rs.499+GST (waived off on annual spends greater than Rs. 2,00,000)
Limited Period Offer: No Joining Fee for applications received till 31st December 2020
Quote:
Select Google Pay users should be able to see it on their app for now. Others should be able to apply online/branch/customer care shortly. I would suggest to give try post 15th Oct as its pretty new.

Last edited by Ithaca : 26th October 2020 at 11:02.
Old 26th October 2020, 12:04   #3922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Sir, this may be of interest to you. Axis Bank ACE Credit Card. As you are looking for a starter card for ma’am. With cash backs / points.

Thanks for the pointer, but not interested because of annual fee.
haridsv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:42   #3923
BHPian

Are there any NFC based payment options for iOS in India ?
Old 29th October 2020, 14:25   #3924
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:

Applied for this like 4 times but they never called back. Tried reaching the customer care but it seems you need to be a customer to talk to them.

Their loss if they don't want business from me.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 21:52   #3925
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on Amazon Pay ICICI credit card. If I take the card on my wife's name and use it on the Amazon prime account which is on my name, will I still earn 5% back?
Extremely sorry for this late reply to your post.

I have the Amazon Pay ICICI Card issued on my name. My Amazon Prime account is on my father's account and has KYC compliance so I can top it up to Rs 1 Lakh. All our Amazon spends & Amazon Pay top up are being done via this card and I am getting the cash back regularly & it is being reflected in my Amazon Pay Transaction Statement.
My Prime membership will expire in a few days and I was exploring the idea of starting a Prime account on my name. I was under the impression that I was only getting 3% cashback as a non prime member using my dad's Prime account. And your post sparked this interest to find out more.
I called the Call Center and spoke to a gentleman who clarified thus: (paraphrasing)
"As long as the account is Prime and one is using the Amazon Pay Credit Card, one will get 5% cashback for Amazon spends. ICICI is only involved in issuing the card, the cashback is handled completely by Amazon."

Then I checked my previous months history on an excel sheet with formulae for 1% (outside spends), 3% (non-prime) & 5% (prime) and I found that I am getting a cashback for an amount close to 5% every month when I add the 5% & 1% cashback.
Did this exercise from Jan 2020 - the month I got my card. And it is always an amount close to 5%
Now I will continue to use my father's account for our Amazon online purchases as always.

I will wholeheartedly recommend this card to you. And they managed to get 1.4 million subscribers within 20 months of launch.

The Credit Card Thread-am-pay.jpg
Ithaca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 22:55   #3926
BHPian

Quote:
Extremely sorry for this late reply to your post.

I have the Amazon Pay ICICI Card issued on my name. My Amazon Prime account is on my father's account and has KYC compliance so I can top it up to Rs 1 Lakh. All our Amazon spends & Amazon Pay top up are being done via this card and I am getting the cash back regularly & it is being reflected in my Amazon Pay Transaction Statement.
That is fantastic information! I still haven't found any other good card for her so it is not too late. Thank you so much for researching and sharing this information, really appreciate it.

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 31st October 2020 at 16:53. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 29th October 2020, 23:19   #3927
BHPian

Quote:
That is fantastic information! I still haven't found any other good card for her so it is not too late. Thank you so much for researching and sharing this information, really appreciate it.
Sir, until your post and the brutal firing my brother gave me for wasting 2% cashback (5% vs 3%), I would not have done a deep dive into calling Amazon call center or making an the excel sheet and cross checking with Amazon Pay statement to find out what is the truth.
Sadly I cannot share my xls sheet to you via pm because you are an new member - yes I checked if I could PM you for your email id.
If you are comfortable sharing your email here, I will send the xls sheet to you or any member via PM who wants to do a deep dive and you can check for yourself.

Last edited by Ithaca : 29th October 2020 at 23:28.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 15:16   #3928
BHPian

Quote:
Sir, until your post and the brutal firing my brother gave me for wasting 2% cashback (5% vs 3%), I would not have done a deep dive into calling Amazon call center or making an the excel sheet and cross checking with Amazon Pay statement to find out what is the truth.
Sadly I cannot share my xls sheet to you via pm because you are an new member - yes I checked if I could PM you for your email id.
If you are comfortable sharing your email here, I will send the xls sheet to you or any member via PM who wants to do a deep dive and you can check for yourself.
I don't have an option to send you a PM either, probably because my status is still Newbie (which I am not sure why even after being a member for several months and making several posts). However, I trust your analysis and finished the process of the application. I should be able to confirm your observation in a couple of months, assuming we will receive the card soon.
Old 31st October 2020, 17:44   #3929
BHPian

Quote:

MOD NOTE : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
I have had the same card for almost an year now. I also have the Flipkart Axis bank card (which i find better btw) as well as a few others

My 2 bit would be if you want just one card for mainly online shopping do consider the SBI Simplyclick. As good as the AmazonPay ICICI card is its main benefit is 'non emi transactions on amazon', outside of which its nothing special. The SBI simplyclick would offer you more if your spending is distributed across a host of online sites and services.
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 08:19   #3930
BHPian

Quote:
I will wholeheartedly recommend this card to you. And they managed to get 1.4 million subscribers within 20 months of launch.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
My 2 bit would be if you want just one card for mainly online shopping do consider the SBI Simplyclick. As good as the AmazonPay ICICI card is its main benefit is 'non emi transactions on amazon', outside of which its nothing special. The SBI simplyclick would offer you more if your spending is distributed across a host of online sites and services.
Just adding something here - the reward points on ICICI Amazon Pay card (Amazon, non-Amazon, Prime as well as non-Prime spends) are converted to cash in 1:1 ratio, and automatically credited to your linked Amazon Pay wallet at the end of every billing cycle.

For me this was the single most attractive feature on the card. I have been a loyal SBI Card patron ever since they issued me my first credit card in 2006 - I currently hold their PRIME card, which gives my 5% reward points on most of my spends. This adds up to a tidy sum every year but the redemption options are the usual fare - either their rewards catalogue or cashback in the 4:1 ratio, meaning INR 1 for every 4 points. Compared to this, the ICICI card offers me full value (1:1) on the points accumulated and I get to choose products of my liking from the entire Amazon catalogue.

If you already have a premium credit card, the ICICI Amazon Pay Card is still a good second option if you tend to do high value and frequent purchases on Amazon. Conversely if you only want a basic card that leverages your usage across Amazon and non-Amazon spends to offer you even better value on your Amazon purchases, you could not go wrong with it either.

Disclaimer - I am not associated with any of the above card issuers or Amazon, just observations based on my usage patterns.

Last edited by Pequod : 1st November 2020 at 08:23. Reason: Grammar, additional info.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks