Team-BHP > Shifting gears


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2020, 08:35   #3946
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 603
Thanked: 1,490 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Paytm wanted to charge me 2% to use credit card for wallet recharge yesterday. The only other alternative they offer is create a Paytm UPI account.

Want neither, so just used another payment method for my transaction and moved on.
This seems to be happening selectively (A-B testing maybe?). Or there might be limits related to how many times/how much you can load.

I have seen it happen last month but I don't see it now. I tried it again as soon as I saw your post but I don't see the extra 2% charge now.
antz.bin is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 12:29   #3947
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 487
Thanked: 706 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Does ICICI permit an add-on Amazonpay credit card ? How to apply ? I've been thru ICICI site, do not see that option anywhere.
vinu_h is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 12:59   #3948
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Thane
Posts: 122
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Hi. Need advice about which hdfc card to go for. I am not eligible for Infinia or Black. Am confused between regalia and diner's privilege. Regalia has benefits for frequent flyers which will not be useful for me. Diners privilege has Amazon prime, zee5 etc memberships which will recover some of annual fee.
Any suggestions?
zhopudey is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 13:15   #3949
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 3,430 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
Hi. Need advice about which hdfc card to go for. I am not eligible for Infinia or Black. Am confused between regalia and diner's privilege. Regalia has benefits for frequent flyers which will not be useful for me. Diners privilege has Amazon prime, zee5 etc memberships which will recover some of annual fee.
Any suggestions?
Why do you want HDFC only? In my opinion, except Diner's card, all others have poor cashback. Go for HDFC only if they are life time free.
ani_meher is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 13:19   #3950
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Thane
Posts: 122
Thanked: 242 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

I have sbi, as well as the Amazon and flipkart cards. Hdfc also has great online offers so I figured it'll be good to have.
zhopudey is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 17:24   #3951
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,468
Thanked: 557 Times
Default

I found a Credit entry, let's say, for ₹ 345.67. Baffled as I was at the description "ex gratia",I let it go.

Today, I get a mail saying an amount of ₹ 34,567.00has been credited to me.

Huh?

"Credit of Card Account XXXX???? in accordance with Govt. of India's grant of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound and simple interest"

Says the mail. But there never has been any interest payment so far - all dues are cleared, usually by 5th or 6th where the due date is usually 12th. Or did I not look close enough?
45
Or was this for the "no cost" EMI option I had availed for the S10lite? Wish I had taken more loans.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 17:47   #3952
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 961
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

I got a similar mail as well. Well as long as it was not a mail saying amount has been debited i am ok

But would like to the reason.
deathwalkr is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 17:50   #3953
Senior - BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata/NCR
Posts: 1,624
Thanked: 1,963 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I found a Credit entry, let's say, for ₹ 345.67. Baffled as I was at the description "ex gratia",I let it go.

Today, I get a mail saying an amount of ₹ 34,567.00has been credited to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I got a similar mail as well. Well as long as it was not a mail saying amount has been debited i am ok

But would like to the reason.
Hi. This is as per a recent government guideline. You can refer to this article.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...n-6007751.html
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 17:51   #3954
BHPian
 
logicalidiot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Kannur/Chennai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 466 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
"Credit of Card Account XXXX???? in accordance with Govt. of India's grant of ex-gratia payment of difference between compound and simple interest"
A simple Google search led me to this link
https://www.barandbench.com/news/lit...-supreme-court

The scheme basically provides a grant of ex gratia payment for difference between compound interest and simple interest of six months to borrowers in specified loan accounts.

Quote:
But there never has been any interest payment so far - all dues are cleared, usually by 5th or 6th where the due date is usually 12th. Or did I not look close enough?

Or was this for the "no cost" EMI option I had availed for the S10lite? Wish I had taken more loans.
I don't think it will apply for No Cost EMI transactions and that too an amount of 35k seems a lot for interest. Are you sure you do not have any other outstanding loans linked to your account?

If no, it seems like an error on bank's part. I'll recommend you to confirm the amount by looking at the statements. If they haven't reverted the amount, it is best adviced to get in touch with the bank.
logicalidiot is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 19:20   #3955
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Jalandhar
Posts: 264
Thanked: 365 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Does ICICI permit an add-on Amazonpay credit card ? How to apply ? I've been thru ICICI site, do not see that option anywhere.
No, they do not, I have confirmed this long back from ICICI directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I found a Credit entry, let's say, for ₹ 345.67. Baffled as I was at the description "ex gratia",I let it go.

Today, I get a mail saying an amount of ₹ 34,567.00has been credited to me.
Same experience here. As has been confirmed by others, this is in accordance with recent govt/court decisions. Coming to the discrepancy in amount, the same was observed for me as well, mail said ₹2979 while the credit received was ₹29.79. I plan to clarify this with ICICI ASAP. However, I was expecting similar mail for my HDFC card also but the same is missing as of now.
roamer012 is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 21:27   #3956
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 961
Thanked: 1,982 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

First mail from ICICI said amount of Rs.15,441 will be credited. Now i got another mail which said Rs.154.41! And that previous mail was sent in error! What a crazy time to miss a decimal point, ICICI. Such disappointment
deathwalkr is offline  
Old 6th November 2020, 21:35   #3957
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,468
Thanked: 557 Times
Default

Hehe. I too just got the correction mail. What a disappointment.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline  
Old 7th November 2020, 09:39   #3958
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: 515134
Posts: 282
Thanked: 204 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Yet to receive any mail but saw this in my amex yesterday
rajesh1868 is offline  
Old 7th November 2020, 22:11   #3959
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,809
Thanked: 3,430 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhopudey View Post
I have sbi, as well as the Amazon and flipkart cards. Hdfc also has great online offers so I figured it'll be good to have.
In that case, go for LTF cards only. HDFC doesn't offer enough normal points to compensate against any card fee.
ani_meher is offline  
Old 8th November 2020, 13:48   #3960
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
This seems to be happening selectively (A-B testing maybe?). Or there might be limits related to how many times/how much you can load.

I have seen it happen last month but I don't see it now. I tried it again as soon as I saw your post but I don't see the extra 2% charge now.
I didn't come across any news about this, but I remember that they have a limit of Rs.10000 per month to fund wallet from credit cards without any charges. Perhaps this is a case of exceeding the limit than A-B testing?
haridsv is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks