Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2018, 21:28   #3001
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

I had got my address updated for my bank account before applying for the credit card .But the bank couriered the card to my old address. So , I still haven't received the card.

My so called relationship manager asked me to send the address update request to their Chennai office by post with attested address proof. Just found out that it's only possible when you already have the card as this requires the complete card no. to submit that request. The relationship manager doesn't seem to know much.

The courier company mentioned that they would return it to bank after a few days.

So , would that mean I will have to cancel this card ? I heard that it affects your cibil report.
Old 26th December 2018, 22:06   #3002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
My so called relationship manager asked me to send the address update request to their Chennai office by post with attested address proof.
Chennai office... HDFC Bank? Sometimes requesting them to deliver the card to your nearest bank branch works. You'll have to go there and collect after submitting the requisite documentation.
Old 26th December 2018, 22:35   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...Sometimes requesting them to deliver the card to your nearest bank branch works....
Thanks Binand.
Will check if they can do that.

The courier guy mentioned that they will be returning the card back to the bank after 10 days. So, will have to wait till then.
Old 27th December 2018, 07:53   #3004
BHPian

Same thing happened with me, although it was me who changed the address late. Still, address change happened way before they shipped the card, but they still shipped to the older address. I called the helpline and they verified that they had the new address and I should give them a call when the card has been returned. I did just that and received the renewed card at the new address.
For address change in the system, all I had to do was upload the required documents on the netbanking website. No need to send anything via post.

P. S. - This is for HDFC bank.
Old 28th December 2018, 12:51   #3005
BHPian

How secure is Visa card's contact-less payment? The card is placed close to the machine and the transaction goes through without asking for a pin. Visa's website says pin isn't required for transactions under INR 2000. I thought pin is mandatory for offline transactions. What gives?
Old 28th December 2018, 13:25   #3006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Visa's website says pin isn't required for transactions under INR 2000. I thought pin is mandatory for offline transactions. What gives?
RBI has excluded transactions less than Rs. 2000 done in the CNP mode from mandatory second factor, if certain criteria are met:

https://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/Notif...d=10766&Mode=0

Though it says customer consent is required, which means you have opted in for this.
Old 28th December 2018, 14:20   #3007
BHPian

Does anyone have the SBI BPCL card?
I have two major issues with it:
1) I have not encountered even a single BPCL pump where the operators, the manager know how to redeem those points. Thankfully, this can be bypassed by converting them into cash of the same value of the fuel.
2) Whenever I have filled fuel on the BPCL petrol pump, I have been charged extra over and above the surcharge.
For e.g. if I filled fuel worth INR 1000/-, the charge reflected would be more than INR (1000 + 1%*1000 = 1010/-), say 1014/- or 1015/-.

This has started happening only from November. Has anything changed in the terms and conditions?
Also, the customer service executive are not very good. So dealing with this issue gets elongated unnecessarily.
Old 28th December 2018, 15:54   #3008
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Has anything changed in the terms and conditions?
Have you added GST on surcharge amount?
Old 28th December 2018, 16:33   #3009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Have you added GST on surcharge amount?
Thanks Sir! I had not added the GST amount.

Actually, I have not seen GST being charged on my Standard Chartered's Super Value Titanium card or even Citibank IOC card. I have filled up even on Shell petrol bunks and not been charged the GST amount. In fact, the tax gets refunded inspite of being charged!
Old 31st December 2018, 17:40   #3010
BHPian

I got the HDFC Regalia credit card and prior to giving me the card, my HDFC "personal banker" said this card would be free for the lifetime and now she says it's free for the first year and I will be charged 2.5k (or something) from year 2 onwards.

She said there was a workaround for this - I had to set up some kind of automatic bill payment and I could cancel it later. I somehow don't trust this and am contemplating canceling the card before getting to year 2.

Has anyone done something similar? I'm not too familiar with this card so can someone who knows point me towards any extra benefits from this card?
Old 31st December 2018, 18:53   #3011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
How secure is Visa card's contact-less payment? The card is placed close to the machine and the transaction goes through without asking for a pin. Visa's website says pin isn't required for transactions under INR 2000. I thought pin is mandatory for offline transactions. What gives?
I do not know how common contact less payments are in India at the moment.

These contact-less payments are now more or less the default option in Western Europe for both debit and credit cards. The limit for pin free payments is set to Euro 25. After the number of PIN free transactions reaches Euro 50 it will ask for the PIN once.

Just about every card reader in any store, large or small, will also do contact less payment.

It works really well and is considered perfectly save. To some extend it is considered safer as nobody can see your PIN.
I even use my Dutch cars, contact less all across Europe with no problems. (touch wood)

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 31st December 2018 at 18:55.
Old 31st December 2018, 20:14   #3012
Team-BHP Support

Contrary to comments here, my Visa contactless credit card did ask for a PIN when used at a Big Bazaar outlet for a 1100 INR transaction.
Old 1st January 2019, 05:37   #3013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
She said there was a workaround for this - I had to set up some kind of automatic bill payment and I could cancel it later. I somehow don't trust this and am contemplating canceling the card before getting to year 2.
I too have the same card for about 2+ yrs and i was offered this workaround initially to avoid the renewal fee. Since I was on postpaid then I did set this up but now since I moved to prepaid have cancelled bill pay but haven't incurred any renewal fee till now. Hope this helps.
Old 1st January 2019, 09:27   #3014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Has anyone done something similar? I'm not too familiar with this card so can someone who knows point me towards any extra benefits from this card?
I was using this card until July of this year. I used it for more than 1.5 years and the terms and conditions were same as mentioned by you. You just need to do minimum of four ‘smart bill payments’ to avail the life time free option. I was quite happy with this card and changed to Diners Black in August, when I got the upgrade option. I hope this clarifies.
Old 2nd January 2019, 11:05   #3015
Senior - BHPian

I was a very satisfied SCB customer, until I moved places and had to change my address. I relocated to a new home early last year, and called the customer care to update the address; I was informed that I need to visit the nearest branch (imagine looking for a needle in a haystack) with my validated aadhaar and original photo id. I did all of that and was informed that it'll be updated in 3-4 working days (as against many other banks, where it's done immediately).

Come October, I realized, my address isn't updated in SCB records. I called the customer care and raised a request. It took over a month and they said, they have managed to track my documents but they cannot update them now. I'll have to visit the branch again.

Accordingly, I just asked them to cancel the card; it's easier to apply online and let the credit card guys do the running around than visiting the branch twice for as silly as an address update.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks