Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2018, 10:52   #2866
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Yes, it all went through smoothly. I was wary of this condition so divided the payment into three parts and each of these will be taken as a separate transaction
The points cap is per month, not per transaction. So even if you split it in 40 transactions, the monthly point cap will be the maximum number you earn anyway.
Old 12th July 2018, 12:07   #2867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
HDFC is turning out to be one of the most arrogant banks in India, if not there already. I have had my account with HDFC for over 5 years now and been holding Diners Rewardz card for 3 years. Due to significant usage of credit card, I asked for upgrading the credit card which was outright rejected. I then tried going through the route of Preferred Banking to get Diners Black and HDFC rejected Preferred Banking request because my Prime Banking RM did not want me to upgrade. I wrote several emails but my RM replied on my behalf that I am happy with Prime Banking and do not want Preferred Banking.

Since this episode last year, I have stopped using HDFC credit card altogether diverting expense to other cards which have better benefits.
That's horrendous Customer Service.

You should be taking the RM to task. How can the RM reply on your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
Do you have an existing HDFC credit card? Or do you have a corporate card issued by HDFC?
If that is the case, then they tend to reject the application.
I am a Preferred Customer stuck with a Corporate Card (can't get rid of it), yet they won't issue me a personal card despite my RM saying so.
No existing relationship with HDFC in any which way. Had gone to the local branch a couple of weeks back and they said that I need to have some kind of business with HDFC (Account, Loans, FDs etc) to get Regalia or higher card. Else they only provide the lower end cards. Told him to give me in writing & confirm Diner's Black card, I will open an account immediately.
Old 12th July 2018, 13:46   #2868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbospooler View Post
I am a Preferred Customer stuck with a Corporate Card (can't get rid of it), yet they won't issue me a personal card despite my RM saying so.
Strange. At my previous job the salary account was in HDFC Bank and I too had a corporate card. Yet I applied for and got a Visa Signature, which they later upgraded to Jet Privilege, but I refused to accept it and finally we settled on Regalia which is what I carry around now. In the middle sometime they upgraded me to Preferred too.

I don't entertain my RM. To me that position is a necessary evil best avoided. :-)
Old 12th July 2018, 14:11   #2869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejas08 View Post
That's horrendous Customer Service.

You should be taking the RM to task. How can the RM reply on your behalf.
I did send a stern reply to all the people who were getting marked in a long running email trail. As expected, the email received no response. Since then, I have stopped using my HDFC credit card altogether. In fact have gone step ahead and now I only maintain minimum balance in the account. Would have gone ahead and closed the account if not for many ongoing standing instructions.
Old 12th July 2018, 14:31   #2870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did send a stern reply to all the people who were getting marked in a long running email trail.
Escalate to the nodal officer/banking ombudsman.
Old 13th July 2018, 13:26   #2871
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did send a stern reply to all the people who were getting marked in a long running email trail. As expected, the email received no response. Since then, I have stopped using my HDFC credit card altogether. In fact have gone step ahead and now I only maintain minimum balance in the account. Would have gone ahead and closed the account if not for many ongoing standing instructions.
This is really surprising. I had applied and got HDFC card in 2012 without any account with them. It was Platinum plus card. Later it was upgraded to Superia and then Regalia in 4 years. Last year i had asked them to upgrade to Infinia. Instead they given me Diners Black, but only after opening a classic account

But this year my colleague at Bhubaneswar for Diners Black without opening any account or having any prior relationship with thm
Old 13th July 2018, 13:55   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Last year i had asked them to upgrade to Infinia. Instead they given me Diners Black, but only after opening a classic account

But this year my colleague at Bhubaneswar for Diners Black without opening any account or having any prior relationship with thm
I wanted Diners Black and that was the reason for going for preferred account. I had even convinced my parents to move their accounts to HDFC so that we can all have one big preferred accounts group. My RM-to-be for preferred account confirmed that I can get Diners Black and all benefits, which he was happy to extend but current RM from Prime was in no mood to let me go.

I guess I was plain unlucky to land amongst unprofessional people. Diners Black is still the card I long for but have now given up after all those attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Escalate to the nodal officer/banking ombudsman.
The issue is from last year and I have given up on my efforts. If HDFC isn't worried about losing five year old customer, I am okay taking my business to other banks.
Old 16th July 2018, 10:32   #2873
BHPian

This is my HDFC story: - Have my Salary Acct, Auto Loan, and 2 Credit cards - regalia and Diners with them. Customer for close to 5 years
The Diners was offered to me for free and was supposed to be in my wife's name as per the RM.
They gave the card in my name and I was in no mood to use it. In the first week, I saw that they auto-registered my Airtel landline for bill payment. I went and canceled the biller myself. Fast fwd 3 months and I am charged joining fee for the card.

I had never set the pin for this card nor used it. Still stuck with the letter it came with. I sat on it long thinking I will soon cancel this but never acted
Have been following up for almost 2 weeks now to get this reversed and told that I will be canceling. Finally got a call on Saturday explaining to me that the condition for it being free was on adding my postpaid connection in smartpay. This was never told to me and anyway I have added this in my Amex bill payment.
Not sure how this goes. I am supposed to get a call soon from the sales team.

Last edited by rajesh1868 : 16th July 2018 at 10:34.
Old 16th July 2018, 17:31   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Finally got a call on Saturday explaining to me that the condition for it being free was on adding my postpaid connection in smartpay
Yes that is what my RM told me when I was given a Regalia but now since I have moved to prepaid from postpaid there is no smartpay bill payment now. So I'll check if it's still free with my RM.
Old 17th July 2018, 11:06   #2875
Senior - BHPian

There are very few really free cards. Most of them have a rider of a minimum spend. So those who want a really free card have to do some extensive survey of cards issued by various agencies.

I have ICICI and AMEX cards issued quite some time ago - both totally free of any annual fees, but the current trend is to charge an annual fee on some pretext or other.
Old 24th July 2018, 14:03   #2876
BHPian

Apologies for posting similar query again.

I was reading the lounge benefits offered by credit cards and they're quite confusing. Most cards are partnered with Priority Pass but they charge $27 per visit I believe? Also, do cards have a restriction on accessing domestic lounges? (lounge in India or flying on a domestic route)

Currently, I'm looking to get one card for spend rewards (Diners Club/ Amex platinum travel) and one card that'd allow lounge access when we are traveling together. Is it a good idea to get HDFC Regalia in this case?
Old 25th July 2018, 10:04   #2877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post

I was reading the lounge benefits offered by credit cards and they're quite confusing. Most cards are partnered with Priority Pass but they charge $27 per visit I believe? Also, do cards have a restriction on accessing domestic lounges? (lounge in India or flying on a domestic route)

Currently, I'm looking to get one card for spend rewards (Diners Club/ Amex platinum travel) and one card that'd allow lounge access when we are traveling together. Is it a good idea to get HDFC Regalia in this case?
It makes sense to get one card for both. Go through the detailed conditions of each card. There is quite a lot hidden in the fine print. In general each point is worth Rs.0.25 while redeeming, be it cash or purchases. I like my Amex as the points can be used to pay the charges (convert to cash!)

Most cards limit the number of lounge access in a year. I believe that with co branded airlines cards, you get lounge access free if you are travelling by that airline. For example with Jet, you get free lounge aces with Amex Jet card if you travel Jet.
Old 25th July 2018, 10:09   #2878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post

Interesting use of words by the banks.

For domestic lounges: complimentary entry to the lounges is through your credit card (they call it the Mastercard/Visa program). DON'T present your Priority Pass in India.

For international lounges: it is the Priority Pass that gives you complimentary entry

The no. of complimentary visits keeps changing every few months; so it's best you look it up on the bank's website.

I have both HDFC Regalia (since quite a few years) and AmEx Platinum Reserve (a few months); haven't used the AmEx for lounge entry, though I've been using PP (through Regalia) since 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
In general each point is worth Rs.0.25 while redeeming, be it cash or purchases. I like my Amex as the points can be used to pay the charges (convert to cash!)
Regalia and AmEx Platinum, both, have this: 1 point = 0.5 miles on Jet.
Old 25th July 2018, 10:32   #2879
BHPian

I believe Regalia gives 0.6 miles on KrisFlyer (Singapore airlines) for each reward point. I still haven't converted my points to miles, but please correct me if I am wrong. Also, you get multiple offers from HDFC for bonus reward points which can be quite useful if availed properly!

Also, converting to KrisFlyer gives you the benefit of using your airmiles on all star alliance flights!
Old 25th July 2018, 12:06   #2880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The no. of complimentary visits keeps changing every few months; so it's best you look it up on the bank's website.
On my b-school batch's WA group one person mentioned they've been having a great experience via Ola Select for lounge access. Don't think it is good VfM just for lounge access but if you are a heavy Ola user it might be a good product to evaluate:

https://www.olacabs.com/olaSelect

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks