Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2018, 13:02   #2881
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
On my b-school batch's WA group one person mentioned they've been having a great experience via Ola Select for lounge access. Don't think it is good VfM just for lounge access but if you are a heavy Ola user it might be a good product to evaluate:

https://www.olacabs.com/olaSelect
I couldn't find the list of lounges included in this feature anywhere, could you please post?
Old 1st August 2018, 19:07   #2882
BHPian

I applied for Amex Platinum Travel for my wife today and learnt that Amex is offering first-year membership complimentary (was rs. 3500 when I purchased). With the fee waived off, Amex is really good value for money.
Old 1st August 2018, 19:44   #2883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deovrat View Post
I couldn't find the list of lounges included in this feature anywhere, could you please post?
Here you go https://help.olacabs.com/support/dreport/209082285

I have a question, is the Ola Select entry valid for only one person i.e. the one who has the account?
I need to get Lounge access sorted for 5 adults and an infant soon. One of the adults has Ola select, and has multiple credit cards across the family (self, spouse and in laws). Which CCs give complementary access?

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 1st August 2018 at 19:48.
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:51   #2884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
I need to get Lounge access sorted for 5 adults and an infant soon. One of the adults has Ola select, and has multiple credit cards across the family (self, spouse and in laws). Which CCs give complementary access?
CCs also allow only one person per card. Guests will have to pay.

You can try Pranaam services if you are looking at Mumbai airport.
https://pranaam.csia.in/travel/home
It's a paid service
Old 2nd August 2018, 12:58   #2885
BHPian

Seems ICICI has started charging customers for redeeming payback points. 99 + GST for every redemption made.
Old 2nd August 2018, 15:42   #2886
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
Seems ICICI has started charging customers for redeeming payback points. 99 + GST for every redemption made.
That's been true for a few years now. My card (Coral) allows redeeming for credit back to account, so I do it once a year.
Old 2nd August 2018, 18:34   #2887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That's been true for a few years now. My card (Coral) allows redeeming for credit back to account, so I do it once a year.
News to me! I have their ferrari card and the manager here at the bank says no such facility is available. Any links or tips?

Used to spend the points for shopping on ebay, now that is also gone.
Old 2nd August 2018, 20:52   #2888
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
News to me! I have their ferrari card and the manager here at the bank says no such facility is available. Any links or tips?

Used to spend the points for shopping on ebay, now that is also gone.
Check the card's T&Cs. Mine clearly stated PAYBACK reward points redeemable for cash, which I have been doing annually since I got the card.

The Ferrari branded cards don't seem to have that option listed, but never hurts to ask. If you aren't particularly benefiting from privileges specific to your card, switch to another one that has benefits you want.
Old 2nd August 2018, 21:39   #2889
BHPian

I own both Ferrari and coral credit cards from ICICI . Both are linked to same payback account. I believe even if you redeem for credit still bank consider it as redemption and charge you redemption fee. In my case I upgraded to payback plus for which they utilised certain points from my normal payback account , bank still counts it as redemption and charged me.

Last edited by speedgun : 2nd August 2018 at 21:41.
Old 2nd August 2018, 23:06   #2890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgun View Post
... even if you redeem for credit still bank consider it as redemption and charge you redemption fee.....
Sure they do, that's why I let points accumulate all year and redeem in one go. Paying a 100-odd rupees to get a few thousand rupees credited back is a reasonable price to pay IMO.
Old 3rd August 2018, 00:44   #2891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
CCs also allow only one person per card. Guests will have to pay.

You can try Pranaam services if you are looking at Mumbai airport.
https://pranaam.csia.in/travel/home
It's a paid service
Thanks. One person per card is a bummer. Probably will skip the lounge altogether. I am looking for CCU passes which are $39 each on the website. Better to take an Ola Select for those without a CC, would be approx $10 per person (3 of them)
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:17   #2892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Check the card's T&Cs. Mine clearly stated PAYBACK reward points redeemable for cash, which I have been doing annually since I got the card.

The Ferrari branded cards don't seem to have that option listed, but never hurts to ask. If you aren't particularly benefiting from privileges specific to your card, switch to another one that has benefits you want.
Thanks. Shall give the customer care a call.

Some money saved.

Love this forum
Old 3rd August 2018, 15:28   #2893
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Interesting use of words by the banks.

For domestic lounges: complimentary entry to the lounges is through your credit card (they call it the Mastercard/Visa program). DON'T present your Priority Pass in India.

For international lounges: it is the Priority Pass that gives you complimentary entry

The no. of complimentary visits keeps changing every few months; so it's best you look it up on the bank's website.

I have both HDFC Regalia (since quite a few years) and AmEx Platinum Reserve (a few months); haven't used the AmEx for lounge entry, though I've been using PP (through Regalia) since 5 years.

Regalia and AmEx Platinum, both, have this: 1 point = 0.5 miles on Jet.
I haven't used my HDFC Regalia Priority Pass yet. Is it really 100% free in international airports? Is it available in all major airports?
Old 3rd August 2018, 16:19   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithun View Post
I haven't used my HDFC Regalia Priority Pass yet. Is it really 100% free in international airports? Is it available in all major airports?
I had Regalia CC (got upgraded to Diners Black last week) and I have used Priority Pass to access lounge in Dubai airport in the month of May. Yes, it was complimentary.
Old 13th August 2018, 18:51   #2895
BHPian

I received Diners Club Black card last week with zero annual fee with autopay subscription for mobile phone. To get the card HDFC made me open a bank account with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks