Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2013, 12:50   #1381
J.Ravi

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My new RBI-mandated, password-protected Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card is on its way!
Today, I received the password-protected Axis Bank Platinum Credit Card. Earlier, I received the password in a separate mail. I visited the nearest ATM and changed the password successfully. I also enrolled the new card successfully in the Verified By Visa website.

Old 2nd December 2013, 16:38   #1382
Distinguished - BHPian

HDFC Bank is offering complimentary Priority Pass membership (normally $99 p.a.) to certain categories of cardholders. A Priority Pass membership allows a member airport lounge access at a number of airports. These are not airline-operated lounges, however (e.g. you won't get access to a Lufthansa lounge even if you are flying by that airline and stopping over at FRA).

I have heard mixed things about Priority Pass (notably on tripadvisor) but considering applying anyway since membership is free (usage is $27 per lounge use and the same price for a companion) and there doesn't seem to be any fine print about annual fees.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Old 2nd December 2013, 16:43   #1383
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
HDFC Bank is offering complimentary Priority Pass membership (normally $99 p.a.) to certain categories of cardholders. A Priority Pass membership allows a member airport lounge access at a number of airports. These are not airline-operated lounges, however (e.g. you won't get access to a Lufthansa lounge even if you are flying by that airline and stopping over at FRA). I have heard mixed things about Priority Pass (notably on tripadvisor) but considering applying anyway since membership is free (usage is $27 per lounge use and the same price for a companion) and there doesn't seem to be any fine print about annual fees. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Yes. My wife and I have been using this for the last 2 years. Excellent facility indeed.
It works well and keeps you safely away from the 'madding/ maddening' airport user junta crowd.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:32   #1384
BANNED

Some banks allow a few usages (typically 4 per quarter) free!
Old 5th December 2013, 17:57   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Yes. My wife and I have been using this for the last 2 years. Excellent facility indeed.
It works well and keeps you safely away from the 'madding/ maddening' airport user junta crowd.
Just received an free upgrade to the HDFC superia from my existing platinum plus credit card and it says, complimentary Priority Pass membership (normally $99 p.a.)and the fine print says usage is $27 per lounge use and the same price for a companion. So, I called up the HDFC help desk to find out on what exactly is the complimentary part when there is a 27$ user fee to which I was told that its no longer complimentary as now its withdrawn and access to the lounge is for 27$. Can some please shed some light on what is complimentary here if we have to pay 27$ to access the lounge.

-Sajan
Old 5th December 2013, 18:42   #1386
BHPian

When does normally Standard Chartered Bank increase Card's Credit Limits ? I have been using their card for more than two years but they haven't increased the credit limit even once or upgraded to next level card.

Last edited by CRV2010 : 5th December 2013 at 19:00.
Old 5th December 2013, 19:42   #1387
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
When does normally Standard Chartered Bank increase Card's Credit Limits ? I have been using their card for more than two years but they haven't increased the credit limit even once or upgraded to next level card.
I think they are in a mess right now. I never had to ask for limit or card type upgrades, happened on its own all the time.

They have a massive backlog of Chip Cards, and these are not being issued even at the expiry of the old ones. It used to be a month in advance. Also, on the Banking side they have reduced to on-line transfer /payment limit to a ridiculous amount. Used to be either 4 or 5L per day, now it is reduced to 1L! Crazy for Priority customers, when you need a minimum relationship of 20L to be classified as such. I have written a stinker today and cc'ed it to quite high levels. Let me see.
Old 6th December 2013, 12:16   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try calling the customer care and ask for credit limit raise?
Earlier in ICICI you can request online for this. Now you have to do it via customer care and usually you will get 20% for each call. Not sure on limit of number of such calls per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Also, on the Banking side they have reduced to on-line transfer /payment limit to a ridiculous amount. Used to be either 4 or 5L per day, now it is reduced to 1L!
May be its RBI restriction or advice or whatever?

Last edited by iamswift : 6th December 2013 at 12:17.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:13   #1389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think they are in a mess right now. I never had to ask for limit or card type upgrades, happened on its own all the time.

They have a massive backlog of Chip Cards, and these are not being issued even at the expiry of the old ones. It used to be a month in advance. Also, on the Banking side they have reduced to on-line transfer /payment limit to a ridiculous amount. Used to be either 4 or 5L per day, now it is reduced to 1L! Crazy for Priority customers, when you need a minimum relationship of 20L to be classified as such. I have written a stinker today and cc'ed it to quite high levels. Let me see.
Thanks for the info. I did receive the EMV Chip Card well before the deadline RBI had set and had no issues with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamswift View Post
Did you try calling the customer care and ask for credit limit raise?
Earlier in ICICI you can request online for this. Now you have to do it via customer care and usually you will get 20% for each call. Not sure on limit of number of such calls per year.
I called their customer care and was told that there was no Credit Limit Enhance currently for my card however they said they could upgrade mine to a different card which I straightly refused since I wanted zero fee card.
Old 6th December 2013, 14:58   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Please do not try. It is waste of effort. Even after 6 years of use, and umpteen number of document submissions, they have not increased my limit.

They are good for nothing. I get very bad words in my mind when I think about SCB cards management.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:03   #1391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Please do not try. It is waste of effort. Even after 6 years of use, and umpteen number of document submissions, they have not increased my limit.

They are good for nothing. I get very bad words in my mind when I think about SCB cards management.
Thanks Pavan.

Oops 6 years that's too much. I guess my 2 years of card usage is of nothing then.

Same thing with my SBI Card too, they haven't increased the limit even after 4yrs of usage. The limit is just 21k.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:17   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Pavan.

Oops 6 years that's too much. I guess my 2 years of card usage is of nothing then.
I have SCB Card for more than 12 years and it's not increased for me automatically. I did try couple of times in the past. But, then seeing the list of documentation they require and time it would have taken, I ditched the plan! When Titanium Super Value card was launched, I upgraded (?) myself to it and then exclusively using it for Fuel, Utility and Telecom Cashbacks! I think the credit limit is sufficient in that regard.
Old 7th December 2013, 18:46   #1393
BHPian

Quote:
Have been using SCB card for more than 10 years and have got the limit enhanced once upon specific request (no documents were requested).
Later I was offered Citi Bank cards and they started with generous limits and have increased to beyond my needs or spending limits.
In fact many years ago Citi bank offered the Customer to choose the limit on line.
I guess those days are over.
Anyway I have very good experience with Citi Bank Cards even though I do not have any other relationship with them.
Old 7th December 2013, 18:59   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Depends on your spending level and frequency of spending.

They have increased mine automatically thrice in the past four years. I have three Standard Chartered credit cards and my current credit limit is almost 5x of what it was when I first got the card.

Try putting in a request. They might ask you for supporting documentation (salary slips, bank statements etc.)

Off Topic but related: Have credit card issuers started linking card limits to CIBIL score?

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 7th December 2013 at 19:01.
Old 7th December 2013, 19:04   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I have SCB Card for more than 12 years and it's not increased for me automatically. I did try couple of times in the past. But, then seeing the list of documentation they require and time it would have taken, I ditched the plan! When Titanium Super Value card was launched, I upgraded (?) myself to it and then exclusively using it for Fuel, Utility and Telecom Cashbacks! I think the credit limit is sufficient in that regard.
thanks dmplog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidousha View Post
Have been using SCB card for more than 10 years and have got the limit enhanced once upon specific request (no documents were requested).
Later I was offered Citi Bank cards and they started with generous limits and have increased to beyond my needs or spending limits.
In fact many years ago Citi bank offered the Customer to choose the limit on line.
I guess those days are over.
Anyway I have very good experience with Citi Bank Cards even though I do not have any other relationship with them.
Thanks Jidousha.

Citi Bank Cards are one of the best they too have increased atleast once in a year for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Depends on your spending level and frequency of spending.

They have increased mine automatically thrice in the past four years. I have three Standard Chartered credit cards and my current credit limit is almost 5x of what it was when I first got the card.

Try putting in a request. They might ask you for supporting documentation (salary slips, bank statements etc.)

Off Topic but related: Have credit card issuers started linking card limits to CIBIL score?
I always use this SCB cards for bill payments and have bought many home appliances on EMI when they offered 0% EMI.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks