Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2013, 17:42   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
In case anybody has serious issues with their Standard Chartered credit card please PM me. I had some issues which got resolved only after I wrote to the head of their credit card division by finding that person's email ID on the web! Nothing works like escalation to the top.
Mate I need it asap. I have trying to settle an issue with them for the last 5 months but to no avail. Tried calling their customer care, they run you around for 15 minutes and then the call mysteriously gets disconnected. Happened to me four times. Emails is about a km long with trailing mails and they are not giving me the email where I can escalate the matter. Any help would be great.
You do not seem to have a pm option yet. Please send it to vik76in@yahoo.co.in. Thanks.
Old 26th September 2013, 22:02   #1277
BANNED

Citibank don't offer verified secure code registration In india ?
Old 27th September 2013, 10:17   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Mate I need it asap. I have trying to settle an issue with them for the last 5 months but to no avail. Tried calling their customer care, they run you around for 15 minutes and then the call mysteriously gets disconnected. Happened to me four times. Emails is about a km long with trailing mails and they are not giving me the email where I can escalate the matter. Any help would be great.
You do not seem to have a pm option yet. Please send it to vik76in@yahoo.co.in. Thanks.
Some more posts to go before I get PM option.
I've emailed you the details from my gmail. Let me know how it goes & whether it is useful.
Old 27th September 2013, 12:17   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
I have trying to settle an issue with them for the last 5 months but to no avail. Tried calling their customer care, they run you around for 15 minutes and then the call mysteriously gets disconnected. Happened to me four times. Emails is about a km long with trailing mails and they are not giving me the email where I can escalate the matter. Any help would be great.
Take up the matter with Banking Ombudsman. Once the case is referred to BO, it has to be closed within a specified deadline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
Which flavour of card do you hold? 3D Secure Password is RBI Mandate and all issuers have to adhere with them. Unless registration is done, you cannot undertake e-comm transaction.

If it is a VISA card, you have the 'Verified by Visa'.

If it is a MASTER card, you have the 'MasterCard Secure'.

Both the registration can be completed through the links provided by the Bank or the respective issuers.

PS - This may sound funny, but registration is not required if used at INTERNATIONAL sites (International Card Usage norms are different than those followed by us here)
Old 27th September 2013, 12:53   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Though they don't use VBV or MSC like others but they use OTP or IPIN/TPIN to verify the transaction
Old 27th September 2013, 19:07   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csanand View Post
Some more posts to go before I get PM option.
I've emailed you the details from my gmail. Let me know how it goes & whether it is useful.
Thanks Mate. Have sent the mails let us see what happens. Shall keep you posted.
Old 28th September 2013, 13:58   #1282
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Which flavour of card do you hold? 3D Secure Password is RBI Mandate and all issuers have to adhere with them. Unless registration is done, you cannot undertake e-comm transaction.

If it is a VISA card, you have the 'Verified by Visa'.

If it is a MASTER card, you have the 'MasterCard Secure'.

Both the registration can be completed through the links provided by the Bank or the respective issuers.

PS - This may sound funny, but registration is not required if used at INTERNATIONAL sites (International Card Usage norms are different than those followed by us here)
I own citi reward card, I see no option in their site for visa/master card registration, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Though they don't use VBV or MSC like others but they use OTP or IPIN/TPIN to verify the transaction
Thanks for the heads up mate.
Old 28th September 2013, 15:19   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I own citi reward card, I see no option in their site for visa/master card registration, Thanks.
You are right - there is no option. Since I don't have their card, can't explore further.

Surprisingly, when I checked a couple of other Indian Banks' sites, the link is available.

The registration guidance issued by VISA and MASTERCARD - worth taking a look - and two Bank's sites (links have been circled) are uploaded.
Attached Files
File Type: doc On Line Registration.doc (818.5 KB, 259 views)
Old 28th September 2013, 19:15   #1284
BANNED

That's surprising vrprabhu

ICICI launches hi-tech credit card, first in the country.
ICICI CARBON

Quote:

ICICI Bank Carbon, powered by Visa CodeSure, is a revolutionary new credit card form factor with an in-built microprocessor; designed to give you additional safety for online transactions.

It incorporates an alpha-numeric LCD screen, a 12-button touch keypad and an in-built battery with a lifespan of 3 years. Available in Asia for the first time, ICICI Bank Carbon enables you to generate highly secure One-Time Passcodes (OTP) for online transactions on the card itself, effectively eliminating the risk of fraud.

Last edited by noopster : 30th September 2013 at 10:38. Reason: Thanks! Added a small extract from the link in your post
Old 29th September 2013, 21:48   #1285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
yelling at customer care will not do any good, you better go to the bank and start yelling and create a scene in front of other customers. This will deter them and consider your complaint seriously. Trust me this works, i have tried it couple of times with good effect.
this is exactly how most problems should be dealt with! People in call centres are no good at solving any problems. a face to face discussion( eventually leading to a heated argument and further a tempered outburst) is 100% effective at having your way.
Old 30th September 2013, 09:07   #1286
BANNED

I saw that the RBI had set a 30 Sept deadline (not extended) for chip based cards. How many banks have implemented it 100%.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:11   #1287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I saw that the RBI had set a 30 Sept deadline (not extended) for chip based cards. How many banks have implemented it 100%.
I actually got my chip card replaced with a swipe type after a couple of incidents where it got declined for no reason. This report is news to me, will check with the bank to see if the card needs re-replacement. Thanks!
Old 30th September 2013, 10:17   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ICICI launches hi-tech credit card, first in the country.
Thanks for the interesting link.

This is only a preview of the things to come.

They have already designed a card where the card number itself will be generated and displayed (on a screen) which can be a pseudo / random number.

RFID / NFC cards can be embedded with the card holders image, which can be then displayed on the terminal at the time of use.

The 30th Sept deadline was for the POS terminals. The chip cards (called EMV cards in banking parlance) deadline is Nov. 2013, AFAIK.
Old 30th September 2013, 10:29   #1289
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I actually got my chip card replaced with a swipe type after a couple of incidents where it got declined for no reason. This report is news to me, will check with the bank to see if the card needs re-replacement.
The news is in today's ToI. Since Kanpur gets a Dak edition could be yesterday elsewhere. Also, I know StanC had problems. My sons card(s) expired end August. They first sent the cards to his older address. They came back. Then they were sent to the Gurgaon branch. Now these were sent back by Gurgaon due to the problems you reported. Now he is going back to Gurgaon on Wednesday, so will follow up. The replacement cards should be there by now. He happens to be a Priority customer.
Old 2nd October 2013, 15:31   #1290
BANNED

My son is passing through Bengaluru airport. All vendors have placards saying that due to a technical hitch chip cards are not being accepted. So obviously there are major issues at the central level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks