Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2013, 15:58   #1126
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Which card is this?
I too am looking for a card that has cash back and does not restrict us to any one oil company.
Standard Chartered's super value titanium card.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:22   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which card is this?
I too am looking for a card that has cash back and does not restrict us to any one oil company.
I have a HSBC Platinum and get cash-back irrespective of which oil company's pump I use to tank up.

Quoting from their website - "0% Fuel Surcharge Get Fuel Surcharge waiver at any fuel pump across India for transactions between Rs. 400 & Rs. 4000 subject to a maximum amount of Rs. 250 per calendar month."

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 18th June 2013 at 16:24.
Old 18th June 2013, 16:29   #1128
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which card is this?
It is Stan chart super value titanium card. It has no restriction on fuel outlets. valid in any fuel station with surcharge waiver + 2.5% cash back subjected to a maximum of rs 200/ month

But they are gradually removing all the benefits. When i got the card in Dec 2012 it has a maximum cash back of rs 1000/month. later it was reduced to 750 and latest to 500/month with sub caps like rs 200/ fuel, 200/utility bills like that.

I do not know when they will remove cash back all together. Iam also not sure whether fuel surcharge waiver will also be removed along with cash back or not.

Last edited by rkg : 18th June 2013 at 16:31.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:01   #1129
BHPian

Is it safe to do online credit card transaction on an iPad? My worry stems from the fact that there are no antivirus and firewall. There are online discussions which state that it is safe, but those are in western countries. Maybe their Internet connections / ISP are also safer?
Old 18th June 2013, 22:25   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Is it safe to do online credit card transaction on an iPad? My worry stems from the fact that there are no antivirus and firewall. There are online discussions which state that it is safe, but those are in western countries. Maybe their Internet connections / ISP are also safer?
Go ahead & do the transaction. Have done CC transactions on iPad, iphone Samsung & Micromax Tablet(s), android mobiles and blackberry phones - never had any issues.

Infact the website you are using the CC should be of more if not equal concern.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:28   #1131
BHPian

when you folks recommend cards along with their features & freebies, you should also mention the joining fee and annual fee that is applicable (or whether it is free) so that it is clear to everyone. I am sure not all cards listed here are free cards & hence this request.
Old 18th June 2013, 22:34   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
1. The antivirus (if good) can detect/stop keystroke loggers.
2. The firewall (if good) can detect/stop such loggers from sending data to their controller. Most people, after being annoyed for a while, disables the outbound connection blocking module of their firewall anyway.
Old 20th June 2013, 14:58   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Last year when I got my Kotak credit card, I was told that if I didnt swipe it for minimum of 3000 in 4 months (or something like that), I would be charged an annual fee. Obviously, I couldn't swipe it as I used other cards. I got my statement this year for the annual fees which I paid promptly (my mistake as I didnt swipe the card). Now comes the surprise, I paid the fees online from my bank account using Kotak's bill desk option. I have received this month's statement asking for 10 Rs + service tax for paying credit card fees using webpay!

Do they expect me to go back to issuing cheques? go 10 kms away and drop in their "nearest" ATM/Drop box!
Old 20th June 2013, 15:56   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Do they expect me to go back to issuing cheques? go 10 kms away and drop in their "nearest" ATM/Drop box!
I think they do. My salary arrives in an HDFC Bank account, and I have all my billers and other monthly payments registered in my Citibank account. Every month after the salary arrives, I transfer some money from HDFC to Citi via NEFT - for this privilege, HDFC charges me Rs. 5 + ST. For some time in between, I switched to dropping off a cheque by sheer spite. Funny part is, I recall reading that it costs about Rs. 40 to the bank to process one cheque.
Old 20th June 2013, 16:02   #1135
Senior - BHPian

True. I am now thinking of cancelling this card as in any case, i use this as a last minute resort. Switching over to cash/debit card and less usage of CC. Helps conserving bank balance!
Old 21st June 2013, 04:02   #1136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I think they do. My salary arrives in an HDFC Bank account, and I have all my billers and other monthly payments registered in my Citibank account. Every month after the salary arrives, I transfer some money from HDFC to Citi via NEFT - for this privilege, HDFC charges me Rs. 5 + ST. For some time in between, I switched to dropping off a cheque by sheer spite. Funny part is, I recall reading that it costs about Rs. 40 to the bank to process one cheque.
HDFC is perhaps the "costliest" bank. They want to charge for everything, charge more and give lower interest rates. Don't know about al, but all the other banks I'v known IDBI, Citi, ICICI, et all, don't charge for NEFT. HDFC charges. So I'm slowly moving out of them. One of the things that kept me with them till now, was their offer for a lifetime free CC. As a policy, I don't use stuff that is charged. I'v never used HDFC's NEFT (like you, I'v used cheques to transfer funds, almost out of spite, lol), I'd never use a CC with an annual fee; etc. I'v successfully steered clear from all these crazy charges from all banks 99% of the times.
Old 21st June 2013, 09:01   #1137
BHPian

IDBI does not charge for outward NEFTs when initiated using Netbanking but ICICI is another money leech. They charge for NEFTs. Just try getting a current account and you will be surprised by their charges.

Source: http://www.icicibank.com/service-cha...e-charges.html
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:19   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Well, NEFT is definitely free when done thru my ICICI B2 account. An ICICI savings a/c holder told me its free for savings a/c too. They must be charging for current accounts only.
Old 22nd June 2013, 19:26   #1139
BHPian

I am looking for a proper FAQ on credit cards. I am a complete noob when it comes to CC's. Have always used debit cards. Any links or docs?
Old 22nd June 2013, 21:20   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchingheaven View Post
I am looking for a proper FAQ on credit cards. I am a complete noob when it comes to CC's. Have always used debit cards. Any links or docs?
Why are you looking for a credit card?

Btw, I've a zero balance savings account with ICICI and I'm charged for NEFT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks