Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2024, 12:22   #7591
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Six months after I got my SBI BPCL card, I am amazed and thankful to get Rs 3000 worth of Petrol through reward points. Wowzee!!!! It really is worth getting a fuel branded card.
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:55   #7592
BHPian

Hello Bhpians , I will be travelling to Italy , Belgium in the month of July for 2 weeks. Looking for a CC to use for international spends. Any recommendations ??
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:59   #7593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomyboy View Post
Six months after I got my SBI BPCL card, I am amazed and thankful to get Rs 3000 worth of Petrol through reward points. Wowzee!!!! It really is worth getting a fuel branded card.
So what is the spending to reward point ratio of this card?
Old 22nd May 2024, 11:26   #7594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
So what is the spending to reward point ratio of this card?
Its Rs 3.25 for fuel and Rs 1.25 for departmental spends. Including Rs 500 yearly fees reversed as reward points, hence able to get to 3000. But at double the rate of reward points at Rs 6.50, I think one should aim to get the Octane card. Even if you don't get to 3 Lakh spends, the reward points will do enough justice.
Old 22nd May 2024, 12:17   #7595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing View Post
Hello Bhpians , I will be travelling to Italy , Belgium in the month of July for 2 weeks. Looking for a CC to use for international spends. Any recommendations ??
DCB/Infinia with Global Value Program gives you good returns on spends. If you just want to avoid forex charges look at Scapia or Niyo Global cards.
Noctis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:06   #7596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler Bing View Post
Just returned from a trip and used SBM Niyo card through out. This is a fixed deposit backed card. Worked seamlessly and the app is pretty good and so is the online chat support. They provide 0% markup over the daily Visa exchange rates.
Naetik30 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 11:09   #7597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGK View Post

However, there's one limitation worth mentioning. While the card allows you to make transactions up to your approved credit limit, it doesn't permit spending beyond that, even if you make additional deposits. For instance, if your credit limit is 1 lakh INR and you deposit an extra 1 lakh, you'll still only be able to spend up to the original 1 lakh limit. This can be a bit restrictive, especially for those looking to make high-value purchases.
This issue is handled will by SBM Niyo card. If you have an FD of 1Lakh, you get a credit limit of 1 Lakh, but you can use upto 2.5x the credit limit by prepaying the unbilled transactions. And you can increase the credit limit on the fly by increasing the FD. Worked out exceedingly well on my trip.
Naetik30 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 12:23   #7598
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to get Scapia card through their App but it doesn't go beyond phone number verification and just says "upgrading app". Two days no luck. Tried reinstall and still same issue.

Any other way to get this card?
Old 24th May 2024, 13:31   #7599

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
I have been trying to get Scapia card through their App but it doesn't go beyond phone number verification and just says "upgrading app". Two days no luck. Tried reinstall and still same issue.

Any other way to get this card?
Try DMing on twitter. I had an issue with billing date and they responded very fast.
Old 24th May 2024, 13:33   #7600
BHPian

I use an IDFC Wealth Visa Credit card. A few months back I got a IDFC Rupay Digital credit card for UPI payments. The credit limit and the payment mechanism are same for both the cards i.e. there is only one auto/scheduled deduction from my IDFC Savings bank account.

What I am not able to figure out yet is, do reward points get accrued for the UPI payments also? Also, now that lounge access needs a spend of 20k per month, do the UPI credit card transactions contribute to this 20k?
Old 24th May 2024, 15:51   #7601

Hello everyone,
Sharing my experience of getting a zero-markup forex card.
I had been on the lookout for a zero-markup forex card with minimal joining and annual fees for my trip to Vietnam. My first choice was the Scapia credit card, but many had reported that Scapia cards are currently not being issued. Searching for other options ,I stumbled upon a post in the forum where one bhpian was offered an RBL world safari card which has zero forex markup as LTF when he tried to cancel his RBL shoprite card (old zomato card) .I had an RBL shoprite card lying around and decided to try my luck.I communicated my cancellation request to them and was immediately contacted by RBL bank officials. They immediately offered me an upgrade to a premium card (not world safari). However, after some discussions I was offered the World Safari card free for the 1st year. But to my disappointment I found out that the credit limit offered was only Rs10,000 ( Yes, for a forex card ) when the card was finally issued. I tried escalating the issue of low credit limit multiple times but was not fruitful.

Back to square one again, I recalled that my One card had a low forex charge of only 1%. So I was left with no other option but to use my One card during the trip. To my surprise when I was browsing through the One card app, I found a voucher which claims to return the 1% forex charges collected as cashback. I immediately claimed the voucher and designated the One card as my forex card for the Vietnam trip. I extensively used the One card throughout the entire trip without facing any issue and would definitely recommend it. I can also confirm that I have received the promised cash back points for all the forex transaction undertaken during the trip.

One cards are LTF ,easy to get and are very generous with their credit limits. Currently the forex charge refund coupon is valid till June 30. Putting out this info here hoping it would be of help to someone.

P.S.: You will still have to pay GST on the 1% forex charged (1.8rs for every 1000rs spent) which is negligible TBH.
Tom.Koshy is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 16:31   #7602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.Koshy View Post
To my surprise when I was browsing through the One card app, I found a voucher which claims to return the 1% forex charges collected as cashback.
Thank you.

I have a RBL World Safari CC LTF and a Fi (Federal) DC for zero forex markup fee. Both of these cards worked flawlessly during my trip to UAE on Jan'24. I never needed to try second card. I still keep OneCard CC for low 1.18% forex markup fee for backup.

Activated this OneCard offer and I now have three zero forex charges cards including OneCard CC (0.18% is as good as zero) for my trip next month.

Also, there is an offer going on till 31st July for all Ruapy+JCB credit & debit cards.

The Credit Card Thread-untitled.jpeg

RuPay JCB Card - 25% Cashback on USA, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Spain, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam

The maximum cashback amount per transaction will be ₹3,000, with an overall cap of ₹15,000 per card during the offer period.

I have a BoB Rupay+JCB credit card and I plan to use it. Acceptability may be an issue but no harm in trying this card before other cards.

Source: https://www.rupay.co.in/jcb-cashback-campaign

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 24th May 2024 at 16:39.
mukeshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 22:27   #7603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am looking for credit card from some other bank. Can members recommend one or two banks with good credit card service, other than the banks listed above. Wide acceptance, good rewards schemes and complementary airport lounge access are my criteria. I would like to go only with large banks with long standing reputation.
You can look for Indusind Bank's EazyDiner CC. At Rs. 2000+GST a year annual fee, it provides huge discount of upto 25% on dine out bills and two movie tickets worth Rs. 200 each every month. From my perspective, savings in movie ticket itself is worth it.
I have had only one chance of reaching out to customer care. It was quick and great in my case.
Blacklisted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 00:00   #7604
BHPian

I need help with incorrect rental surcharge on a non-rental transaction.

We have recently booked a flat and I used my Infinia card to pay the booking amount. the POS device of the builder through which I made the payment was apparently registered as a rental/maintenance company. The sales executive didn’t tell me this during the payment. Now after 2 months, the bank has applied a 1% rental surcharge and a 18% GST on top of this for a total of Rs.3540.

I have submitted the payment receipt to the bank as a proof that it was not a rental transaction but they are not agreeing to remove this. The builder most probably won’t help here.

How do I approach this and get back my money?
Old 1st June 2024, 16:44   #7605
BHPian

Axis bank's AirTel credit card

My application for an AirTel Axis Bank credit card was rejected a few times and I realized only last week that it was because the system has no tolerance for missing alphabets or you shortening your middle name to an alphabet or two when compared to how it is in the PAN. When the application says "Enter the name as in the PAN", they mean it. This time around, I did exactly what the application asked and it went through right away.

I look forward to AI coming into some of these use cases.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks