Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 15:12   #4891
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

There is news of the HDFC Infinia Credit card being upgraded to a metallic card from now on. People having the existing PVC card will get the metallic one after this one expires. Else, the fee is 12,500 + GST.

Here are some of the features of the new Infinia:
Complimentary Club Marriott membership in the first year (existing feature)
1+1 complimentary buffet on weekends at participating ITC Hotels
2+1 complimentary nights at participating ITC Hotels
1:1 Rewards Redemptions for Tanishq vouchers and Apple products

Old 7th October 2021, 17:28   #4892
BHPian

In case someone is looking for SBI CC, here is my experience.

Last Wednesday I tried to apply for a CC via SBI portal but couldn't complete it since my Location Pin-Code was not present in their list for my district. I left it there.

Next day i got a call from SBI customer care asking if i tried to apply and if i am interested in taking the request forward. I gave the confirmation and in the next 2 hours all formalities got completed including the Video KYC and provisional approval was given. Friday, I got one more call for confirmation about personal details. Got an SMS on Saturday that Credit Card is approved and will be dispatched soon. Today I got the SBI Prime Credit Card delivered at my home.

So all in all, that was a smooth process.

PS: I have a decent CIBIL score and already have ICICI Amazon CC and HDFC CC.
Old 7th October 2021, 18:16   #4893
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post
Do note that the fee waiver is also bumped to 10 lakhs from the current 8.
Old 7th October 2021, 18:59   #4894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
How to verify whether they have done a cash back for the fuel purchase? In other words, is there anywhere in Amazon or ICICI bank website where they give the cash back per transaction? ICICI credit card statement only has a total cash back for the month.
I got it directly credited to my CC. Doesn’t come with statement. Its standalone and actual cash credit to your cc rather than amazon pay balance like the usual cashback.

Update on Axis Flipkart CC: Finally after waiting for 2 weeks the physical card arrived. Activation done over phone. But adding it to axis mobile app was a pain. It got added now but my loan account vanished from the app. Anyways usage has been pretty good. You get sms stating your balance and eligibility for cashback. Oh and unlike my Amazon pay CC , axis folks were a little less insulting in giving credit limit. Its a shade above 1L which is good enough for me

Ease of tracking and service wise Amazon pay ICICI card experience was way superior. Getting the digital card took just a day. For Axis it was just sad and long. Anyways thanks to the better limit I might be using this more. Amazonpay card will be restricted to amazon shopping only now on.
Old 7th October 2021, 19:11   #4895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Do note that the fee waiver is also bumped to 10 lakhs from the current 8.
Oh yes ! Sorry, I forgot to mention the bad part
Old 7th October 2021, 20:43   #4896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nitin View Post

Here are some of the features of the new Infinia:
Complimentary Club Marriott membership in the first year (existing feature)
1+1 complimentary buffet on weekends at participating ITC Hotels
2+1 complimentary nights at participating ITC Hotels
1:1 Rewards Redemptions for Tanishq vouchers and Apple products

Thanks. Looks tempting to me as an existing Infinia card holder

1. Is the complimentary Marriott membership helpful for a Platinum/Gold member also?
2. How does the 1+1 weekend buffet scheme work? Is there a link for the detailed FAQ or T&C
Old 8th October 2021, 01:17   #4897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
Thanks. Looks tempting to me as an existing Infinia card holder

1. Is the complimentary Marriott membership helpful for a Platinum/Gold member also?
2. How does the 1+1 weekend buffet scheme work? Is there a link for the detailed FAQ or T&C
Being an Infinia holder myself, it really does look amazing !
1. I don't think it'll help you if you're already a member. The best you can probably do is make use of the vouchers you get with the membership (most of which are useless). Having said that, since we are already infinia holders, we will not get the Marriott membership as it is issued only for the first year if I'm not mistaken.
2. No details or FAQs on this right now I'm afraid. They should be out shortly.
10nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 07:39   #4898
BHPian

Hi guys,
So I recently got a 12 digit GYFTR code, the problem now being amazon pay asking for 16 digit alphanumeric code. Very much confused Need Help.
Old 8th October 2021, 07:45   #4899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindam.dino View Post
Hi guys,
So I recently got a 12 digit GYFTR code, the problem now being amazon pay asking for 16 digit alphanumeric code. Very much confused Need Help.

Gift code is actually 14 char alphanumeric : xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx

There is separate 16 digit Numeric PIN which comes along but I never see it used anywhere.
Old 8th October 2021, 12:53   #4900
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
If the code is from smartbuy website, you will also receive a mail on your registered id.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_202110081249422.png  

Old 9th October 2021, 07:57   #4901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Gift code is actually 14 char alphanumeric : xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx

There is separate 16 digit Numeric PIN which comes along but I never see it used anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
If the code is from smartbuy website, you will also receive a mail on your registered id.

Hi, many thanks for replying. I have not received a mail for the same and just an sms. The code is 12 digit and alphanumeric.
Old 9th October 2021, 08:57   #4902
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, many thanks for replying. I have not received a mail for the same and just an sms. The code is 12 digit and alphanumeric.
Then you need to follow up with person who send you the gift voucher.
Old 9th October 2021, 09:12   #4903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Then you need to follow up..
It came directly from HDFC, a phone call will they get. Many Thanks!
Old 10th October 2021, 02:04   #4904
BHPian

I have been holding a Citibank Shoppers Stop card for the last 12 years. I had encashed the rewards points more than one year back, at Shoppers Stop, where else?

Recently I had asked Citibank for an upgrade. They replied that the balance rewards points cannot be transferred to any other card. So they advised to redeem all remaining points and then they will upgrade.

So we went to redeem the points today. Did the shopping first and then its all trouble at billing desk.

My last card statement shows a little over 15k points balance. Shoppers Stop terminal shows just a little over 1k. We even called up Citi customer care to confirm the balance points.

We spoke to three different SS staff in ascending order. All three maintained that the number of reward points stated in card statement is total accrued in the lifetime of the card, not balance available to be redeemed. The senior most guy even maintained that it's problem on Citi server end not connecting to SS server, and that many people have faced this problem.

To me it is clear that they have run this charade on many people. Since they were not going to honour this rewards points, I just destroyed the card in front of them, telling them that for me: no more SS cobranded card, and no more shopping at SS.

Thus ended a 12 year journey.

Last edited by Guite : 10th October 2021 at 02:05.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 08:43   #4905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
We spoke to three different SS staff in ascending order. All three maintained that the number of reward points stated in card statement is total accrued in the lifetime of the card, not balance available to be redeemed.
I don’t have this specific card, but I’ve seen in my HDFC card statement, there’s a row which says points to expire in the next X days. You may want to look for something similar on your card statement as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks