Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 15:59   #4876
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
Got this message on my Amazon account regarding my Amazon ICICI credit card. Now I can get 5% cash back on fuel transactions. The cash back will be limited to Rs.150 and only one transaction per card per month is eligible for cash back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Has been around for a while and they judiciously credit INR 150 the next month.
I never used to buy fuel on my ICICI Amazon Pay credit card but after seeing this offer, I did it for the first time in August. How to verify whether they have done a cash back for the fuel purchase? In other words, is there anywhere in Amazon or ICICI bank website where they give the cash back per transaction? ICICI credit card statement only has a total cash back for the month.
Old 30th September 2021, 16:56   #4877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
How to verify whether they have done a cash back for the fuel purchase?
I get an SMS confirming cashback and INR 150 is credited to my balance as well. Do look at the T&C, will provide more clarity.

Standard Chartered Ultimate - recd an email just now stating that the Uber cashback offer has been withdrawn.
Old 30th September 2021, 17:44   #4878

Hello, longtime lurker here, first time posting.
I have quite the quandary here and would appreciate if some one could assist.
I had applied for a upgrade to HDFC Millenia Credit Card (had an EasyEMI card with 20k limit). All goes well, submit my proof to the bank and wait 7 days. 7 days go by and I get the package, voila , it’s a Moneyback credit card (with 70k limit). So I called my RM, they suggest sending them an email of the situation and wait for few days. I leave it at that.
Today, surprisingly, I see a text message saying you’re eligible for Millenia and Regalia LTF. So I called up my RM and they connect me with the CC dept. These guys confirm that I’m eligible for the upgrade but my limit will only be 20k. I’m really confused at this point because they cannot confirm whether I can request a limit increase after few months either.
If anybody can help me decide or let me know what I can do, I would be really thankful.
Old 30th September 2021, 20:26   #4879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I get an SMS confirming cashback and INR 150 is credited to my balance as well. Do look at the T&C, will provide more clarity.
Just found that I had to register to get the 5% cashback and it is not automatic .

Also this offer is only till Oct 20th.
Old 30th September 2021, 20:47   #4880
BHPian

Quote:
I never used to buy fuel on my ICICI Amazon Pay credit card but after seeing this offer, I did it for the first time in August. How to verify whether they have done a cash back for the fuel purchase?
Basically, there is no way. I got credited ₹150 few days back for the transaction done last month - it is credited after 25th of the following month after the transaction. Before receiving it, I had emailed ICICI asking about the cashback on when it would get credited and they gave a plain answer that fuel transactions are not included in any cashback schemes - clearly the executive wasn't aware of the running offer.

On other note, the cashback on the regular transactions could have been checked through ICICI Mobile app initially but this is not available anymore. Is there any other way to check? Looks like they pulled this feature to avoid customers tracking the cashback correctly.
Old 2nd October 2021, 09:48   #4881
Senior - BHPian

I've been a bit out of touch with this - apparently RBI has banned placing credit cards on file and allowing merchants to periodically charge them without the OTP loop? What's the new method for paying these then? I have about 4-5 such payments (monthly and annual) and need to figure out the alternatives very quickly to avoid loss of service.

Edit: Nevermind, Netflix's email has explained what to do. Quoting:

Quote:
If you’d like to continue automatically renewing your membership each month, switch to a payment method that supports recurring payments such as UPI or Visa cards with these banks:

• HDFC Bank
• Kotak Bank
• ICICI Bank
• Bank of Baroda (debit only)
• Citibank (credit only)
• IDFC First Bank (credit Only)
I've activated Citibank and got an email which specifically mentioned "successful registration of standing instruction on Citi card" - so I suppose it is all good now.

Last edited by binand : 2nd October 2021 at 09:55.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 12:28   #4882
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Just found that I had to register to get the 5% cashback and it is not automatic
I had not registered for anything, I think it’s automatically activated for all cards. You can see below what it will look like in statement. You’ll also get a message saying fuel cash back has been credited, this happens around the 24th or 25th.

Name:  7C6C9137262A47BD8DFE68FEF3310DF7.jpeg
Views: 377
Size:  26.3 KB
Old 4th October 2021, 17:00   #4883
AZT
BHPian

Amex has 2 offers on right now:

1. 5% cashback upto 200 at HPCL fuel pumps. This can be over multiple payments as well but max 200 cb. Activate it via browser amex login and save to card.

2. The other is a spend based offer where you get amazon vouchers for crossing thresholds. 3k voucher for 50k spend, 1.5 k voucher for 25k, and 750 for 10k. If you havent recd the message for this, call up customer care and have it activated. This is till 15th Nov.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 11:30   #4884
BHPian

For those puzzled on how to increase their limits in Amazon Pay CC, yesterday marked an year since I got it, ICICI notified me through SMS that I was eligible for an increased limit of 5X without any additional charges, activated it within the next minute.

I liberally used the card to purchase materials during the construction of my house this past year, sometimes using over 90% of the credit limit available.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:28   #4885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Amex has 2 offers on right now:

1. 5% cashback upto 200 at HPCL fuel pumps. This can be over multiple payments as well but max 200 cb. Activate it via browser amex login and save to card.

2. The other is a spend based offer where you get amazon vouchers for crossing thresholds. 3k voucher for 50k spend, 1.5 k voucher for 25k, and 750 for 10k. If you havent recd the message for this, call up customer care and have it activated. This is till 15th Nov.
Turns out the Amex Amazon Gift Card Offer of 25k and 10k spends is not for Everyone. I just got off a Call with the Amex Rep. and they said it is different for different Customers sent by their Promotion Team. Since i received the Email only for 50k spend Offer, that is the only offer eligible on my Card. If someone else can also clarify, that would be great.

On a side note, Amex CC are just so polite and wonderful to talk to. Very Good Communication, Etiquettes and have all answers to your Queries. Unlike other Bank CC, who are a pain to deal with often.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:34   #4886
BHPian

Does anyone know how to add an additional cardholder for the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card? Their iMobile app is pretty basic and does not have any option to do this. I have been on hold with them for ages on the phone. Don't really want to go to a branch either.
Old 6th October 2021, 14:30   #4887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4ch View Post
Does anyone know how to add an additional cardholder for the Amazon Pay ICICI credit card? Their iMobile app is pretty basic and does not have any option to do this. I have been on hold with them for ages on the phone. Don't really want to go to a branch either.
Unfortunately, one cannot apply for a add-on card for ICICI APay CC. Reference can be found in their FAQ link.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 14:34   #4888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Unfortunately, one cannot apply for a add-on card for ICICI APay CC. Reference can be found in their FAQ link.
Thanks! Somehow missed this.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple credit card for my wife, with cashback and 2 priority pass cards complimentary, if possible? I'm swinging towards HDFC as see a lot of websites seem to run promo's with HDFC. I already have the ICICI Amazon card and an Axis Bank card.

Also, any thoughts on Bank of Baroda's credit card offerings?

EDIT: HDFC Regalia seems to fit the bill, thoughts on this? Regalia or Regalia First? Not able to work out the differences between these 2.

Last edited by s4ch : 6th October 2021 at 14:37.
Old 6th October 2021, 23:39   #4889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Turns out the Amex Amazon Gift Card Offer of 25k and 10k spends is not for Everyone. I just got off a Call with the Amex Rep. and they said it is different for different Customers sent by their Promotion Team. Since i received the Email only for 50k spend Offer, that is the only offer eligible on my Card. If someone else can also clarify, that would be great.
Yes, it is correct and there are many other variants to that offer.

I got the 2nd or 3rd craziest one. 40K Worth Taj Vouchers on spends of 4.5 Lacs.
Old 7th October 2021, 14:58   #4890
Distinguished - BHPian

I had got a replacement SBI card recently, but online domestic transactions was not enabled by default. They said I need to login and enabled it. Not wanting to have another online account, I have been using it for PoS purchases only. Online transactions were through another card.

Today they sent a link to enable this feature, and now enabled in a matter of seconds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks