Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2019, 11:12   #3211
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Age. Less than 5 years is free.
Just to make it somewhat clear, using your Priority pass in India ( whether traveling International or Domestic, will lead to a charge of USD 27 converted.
This is very informative. Thanks. I have one priority pass from HDFC Regalia First and I will in Milan airport with wife and kid who is little less than 5. So if I understand correctly, wife and me can enter the lounge on one card and kid will also be allowed. Two visits would get deducted/ charged.

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2019 at 00:23. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 24th May 2019, 12:14   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
So if I understand correctly, wife and me can enter the lounge on one card and kid will also be allowed. Two visits would get deducted/ charged.

That should work. Visits would get deducted from your allowed quota, not charged.
Forgot to mention that alcohol is free at most of these lounges, along with food, soft drinks, water,Teas & Coffees, pastries and the works, however the best spreads are in India.
Check on PP's website for the location of lounge in Milan. Once known and noted, it is easier to trace it and plan your Airport journey.
Old 25th May 2019, 11:24   #3213
BHPian

Can anyone please tell me what are dining benefits on HDFC Infinia and how to avail these benefits?
Old 26th May 2019, 11:43   #3214
BHPian

I have been using Axis My choice credit card since 2014. Recently got an Amex rewards program credit card, though i didn't want it i was issued as I am using two corporate cards purely meant for office use. It's been two months and I find it very hard to use Amex due to the limited POS machines in the Brick and mortar outlets. Intend to cancel the card next month.
Here are my estimated monthly expenses. Request members to suggest a suitable card for me. ICICI gave me amex 2 years back and I ain't using it for the same reason as above.

1. Fuel expenses upto 5 K per month
2. Electricity bill, Internet and mobile bills upto 2.5 K
3. Misc. (Food apps, Uber and Restaurant) upto 2 K

Don't want HDFC and ICICI cards.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 27th May 2019, 09:21   #3215
BHPian

I got Diners Black yesterday. How do I get started? I mean any special spends /conditions that I have to fulfil in a time period (90 days or so), to reap the full benefit ?

I am asking as I might have missed the fine print.
Old 27th May 2019, 10:00   #3216
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The Plaza premium lounge in the Delhi T2 domestic terminal doesn't accept Regalia card. The lounge itself is pretty small, so nothing much you would miss out on.
Not to mention, the food options are very limited and average.
Old 27th May 2019, 11:25   #3217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
I have been using Axis My choice credit card since 2014. Recently got an Amex rewards program credit card, though i didn't want it i was issued as I am using two corporate cards purely meant for office use. It's been two months and I find it very hard to use Amex due to the limited POS machines in the Brick and mortar outlets. Intend to cancel the card next month.
Here are my estimated monthly expenses. Request members to suggest a suitable card for me. ICICI gave me amex 2 years back and I ain't using it for the same reason as above.

1. Fuel expenses upto 5 K per month
2. Electricity bill, Internet and mobile bills upto 2.5 K
3. Misc. (Food apps, Uber and Restaurant) upto 2 K

Don't want HDFC and ICICI cards.

Thanks in advance for your help
I have AMEX (for around 20 years), HDFC (ten years) and ICICI (fifteen years) cards, but use AMEX the most. Most online stores accept AMEX, and where they do not, then I use PAYTM which I recharge with AMEX card. AMEX also gives me a nominal cashback in HPCL Petrol pumps.

The ICICI and HDFC cards are useful when card specific promotion comes up. For example last year I bought quite a few appliances from PAYTM and got more than 5K as cashback from ICICI. Similarly there are times when AMAZON has schemes for HDFC cards and I have collected more than 5K cashback.
Old 27th May 2019, 14:17   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
I have AMEX (for around 20 years), HDFC (ten years) and ICICI (fifteen years) cards, but use AMEX the most. Most online stores accept AMEX, and where they do not, then I use PAYTM which I recharge with AMEX card. AMEX also gives me a nominal cashback in HPCL Petrol pumps.

The ICICI and HDFC cards are useful when card specific promotion comes up. For example last year I bought quite a few appliances from PAYTM and got more than 5K as cashback from ICICI. Similarly there are times when AMAZON has schemes for HDFC cards and I have collected more than 5K cashback.
So do you suggest me to keep the Amex card ? How is standard chartered and HSBC ?
Old 27th May 2019, 14:55   #3219
BHPian

For those who are using HDFC Diners Black, please guide me on how to use its SmartBUY offer.
As per the instructions given in the website, I went to this link, https://www.amazon.in/b?node=1570536...9OBxsrIw%3D%3D.
But when I search for any item in this page, the ‘HDFC SmartBUY Offer’ option goes off.
Any idea how to search for a product under this option?
I spend lot of money buying stuff from Amazon. So, I would definitely like to use this offer.
Old 27th May 2019, 16:03   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
For those who are using HDFC Diners Black, please guide me on how to use its SmartBUY offer.
As per the instructions given in the website, I went to this link, https://www.amazon.in/b?node=1570536...9OBxsrIw%3D%3D.
But when I search for any item in this page, the ‘HDFC SmartBUY Offer’ option goes off.
Any idea how to search for a product under this option?
I spend lot of money buying stuff from Amazon. So, I would definitely like to use this offer.
I think you need to go to https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/ and then select Amazon and enter the details. It will re-direct to Amazon.in where you can complete your order. Don't pre-add stuff in your cart, keep it in your wishlist. Reach Amazon via Smartbuy and then add things to your cart and complete your order.
Old 28th May 2019, 09:26   #3221
BHPian

Quote:
So do you suggest me to keep the Amex card ? How is standard chartered and HSBC ?
I have never used Amex, so can't comment on it.

I prefer using Standard Chartered (Titanium SuperValue) for all my Fuel and Utilities Spend. It gives 5% flat cashback on all of these (for fuel subtract the surcharge).

Over last year and half, I got myself HSBC. They had a 3K cashback on joining. They have a BookMyShow BoGo on Saturdays (and works much better than any other cards). However, their rewards catalog is rather limited (doesn't have Amazon / FK Vouchers).

Other than that I use ICICI Cards and their Payback rewards catalogue is pretty solid.
Old 28th May 2019, 11:05   #3222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It depends on the usage.

Most large establishments, Airlines and Hotels accept it. Many small shops do not.

HP Petrol pumps accept AMEX and you get a small cashback. Some pumps may not accept AMEX or will add a surcharge.

I have no experience of either Standard Chartered or HSBC.
Old 28th May 2019, 12:12   #3223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
The Plaza premium lounge in the Delhi T2 domestic terminal doesn't accept Regalia card. The lounge itself is pretty small, so nothing much you would miss out on.
That's strange because Plaza Premium in T3 accepts regalia card.
Old 28th May 2019, 17:25   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I think you need to go to https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/ and then select Amazon and enter the details. It will re-direct to Amazon.in where you can complete your order.
This is what exactly I did and the link that I had shared in my earlier post is after I entered the details.
When I am in this page (where HDFC SmartBUY Offer is selected) and try to search for any product or even when i click wishlist, that option goes off!
Has anyone used this option? If so, request you to send the steps to avail this offer.
Old 29th May 2019, 00:11   #3225
Senior - BHPian

My HDFC All Miles got upgraded to Regalia a couple of months ago. Now, I am getting an SMS asking me to Switch on new Credit feature on my new card along with a link to know more. Any idea what this new credit feature is? Even though I am getting the SMS from the same number from which I get the card swipe and OTP alerts, I am wary of clicking on the link provided.

PS: "HDFC New credit feature" is too generic of a term for google to bring up anything relavant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks