Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2017, 16:23   #2551
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I'm also frustrated at how hdfc is slowly diluting the rewards on the regalia card. They've decreased the point value, removed a lot of the 2x and 5x points offers, made redemption chargeable (as per above post).
Time to look at other options for me too.
I have already moved on to another card from ICICI. I still have and use the HDFC all miles card but am not very satisfied with their portal for ticket booking which is the main USP of the card.
Old 19th May 2017, 16:26   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I will be closing my All Miles from next cycle, I am sure they will call me to offer something better, which I dont need anymore (Thanks to Yes Bank)
Go for the ICICI - Jet airways co branded cards (either a coral or a rubyx) they have good benefits and you will automatically get an AMEX card along with the ICICI one.
Old 19th May 2017, 16:29   #2553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
It is being offered for first year free at airport lounges!! Using for a month now and I don't feel it is worth the 5k annual fee. The reward points earning and burning rate is poor and airport lounge visits are restricted per year.

Already Amex cards are not accepted everywhere and to top it, many merchants want to charge a surcharge for using these cards.

Overall, Amex card is third in my priority order after Diners Rewardz and ICICI Rubyx, both of which are incidentally free!!

P.S: I would be glad to learn more about significant benefits of this Amex card, which I don't find that lucrative enough.
Being a previous AMEX user, I can totally understand where you are coming from! The low acceptability was the only reason why I terminated my membership.

As per me the USP for AMEX is their customer service which is quite premium. Another reason why people go for the AMEX is because they think of it as a status symbol - just my opinion of AMEX.
Old 19th May 2017, 16:52   #2554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
...Which card do you have? And how is it better than the AllMiles?
Mine is Yes Exclusive, I assume its equal to the Infinia offered by HDFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Go for the ICICI - Jet airways co branded cards (either a coral or a rubyx) they have good benefits and you will automatically get an AMEX card along with the ICICI one.
Never had anything from ICICI till date, right now Citibank is offering something, I am waiting to know which card from their excess choices !
Old 19th May 2017, 19:25   #2555
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
This is being charged on my Diners Club Rewardz card since a year, may be it was always there. Totally defeats the purpose if points are redeemed in small chunks. I only use these for flights or 6-month DTH recharges where the redemption fee is small fraction.
I was never charged for point redemption at their portal. Was frequently using for mobile recharge in small denominations.
This first time redemption charge added to my CC statement.
Old 19th May 2017, 19:54   #2556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
Being a previous AMEX user, I can totally understand where you are coming from! The low acceptability was the only reason why I terminated my membership.

As per me the USP for AMEX is their customer service which is quite premium. Another reason why people go for the AMEX is because they think of it as a status symbol - just my opinion of AMEX.
AMEX should have free car rental insurance abroad (loss damage waiver) , which would help if you are renting a car abroad.

I am planning on getting a third card apart from HDFC allmiles and SBI Signature.

I am not so keen on ICICI even though I have a savings account with them.

PS: I am only interested in cards that do not have annual charges / or the option to waive them off. I would be OK with the charges, if the privileges that they offer are value for money.

Last edited by govigov : 19th May 2017 at 20:01.
Old 25th May 2017, 12:57   #2557
Senior - BHPian

Planning to apply for another credit card - presently have a Regalia from hdfc.
I was surprised to find that amex issues cards only for residents of select cities.
Which credit card is easy to get without needing a bank account in the particular bank. Any pointers? Some kind of rewards and possibly free is desirable. Need a low limit only.
Old 25th May 2017, 13:07   #2558
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to apply for another credit card - presently have a Regalia from hdfc.
I was surprised to find that amex issues cards only for residents of select cities.
Which credit card is easy to get without needing a bank account in the particular bank. Any pointers? Some kind of rewards and possibly free is desirable. Need a low limit only.
Yes Bank is aggressive now. They will issue a card for you based on your current Regalia.

Also saw similar campaign from SBI in petrol pumps.
Old 25th May 2017, 13:07   #2559
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to apply for another credit card - presently have a Regalia from hdfc. .
How was your experience with Regalia? I wanted a Diners Club card but my BM suggested Regalia over it. I'm not sure if I need travel miles or lounge access, would be happier with 1+1 movie tickets and shopping vouchers once in a while.
Old 25th May 2017, 14:41   #2560
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
How was your experience with Regalia? I wanted a Diners Club card but my BM suggested Regalia over it. I'm not sure if I need travel miles or lounge access, would be happier with 1+1 movie tickets and shopping vouchers once in a while.
Go for Diners Black. Thats way better than Regalia.
Old 25th May 2017, 15:07   #2561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Agree Diners is way better Regalia. In fact, Regalia was recently downgraded by HDFC.
But do keep in mind that benefits on Diners too are on a decline. At the present moment, the benefits of Diners are way way better than any other card in the market, but I think the benefits will be chopped off gradually and it will be brought in line with other cards. Make hay while the sun shines.

Keep in mind, Diners acceptability is still an issue so if this is going to be your only credit card, look elsewhere.
Old 25th May 2017, 15:38   #2562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Keep in mind, Diners acceptability is still an issue so if this is going to be your only credit card, look elsewhere.
Thanks I've other cards too but I find Citibank the most user-friendly. Only if they provided some benefits too ...
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:32   #2563
BHPian

I am using Credit Cards heavily for last 12 years and always paid the bills online. I have few queries regarding credit card bill payment by cheque.

1. Can some body else (my dad or wife) issue a cheque for my credit card bills?
2. If the cheque is of x bank and credit card of y bank, will there be any additional charges?
3. How to use the cheque for credit card bills. Just write credit card number in 'Pay' column, amount and signature. Anything else needs to be written?

Thanks.
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:46   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_chd View Post
I am using Credit Cards heavily for last 12 years and always paid the bills online. I have few queries regarding credit card bill payment by cheque.

1. Can some body else (my dad or wife) issue a cheque for my credit card bills?
2. If the cheque is of x bank and credit card of y bank, will there be any additional charges?
3. How to use the cheque for credit card bills. Just write credit card number in 'Pay' column, amount and signature. Anything else needs to be written?

Thanks.
Why don't you pay be NEFT? Much simpler. I schedule a payment to the day before the last payment due date as soon as I receive my CC bill.
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:50   #2565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Why don't you pay be NEFT? Much simpler. I schedule a payment to the day before the last payment due date as soon as I receive my CC bill.
This is for a one off payment I need to make by cheque. Otherwise I stick to online payment mode only. No issues so far in last 12 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks