Old 14th February 2017, 16:16   #2431
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
PS : You can check you CIBIL score free once in a year - do check it out:

https://www.cibil.com/freecreditscore/
Thanks for the link. Just checked my cibil score. I had applied for AMEX card in december 2016. I could get the score information from AMEX. I am supposed to lose some points for the hard pull of my cibil score by AMEX. Isn't it so. But the current score is more than what it was in December 2016.

Another query for experts here, the CIBIL lists my old rented residential address ( vacated almost 11 years back) along with current one. How to get the old address removed form their system?

Last edited by Aditya : 5th April 2017 at 07:52. Reason: Typo
Old 14th February 2017, 20:51   #2432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Thanks for the link. Just checked my cibil score. I had applied for AMEX card in december 2016. I could get the score information from AMEX. Iam supposed to loose some points for the hard pull of my cibil score by AMEX. Isn't it so. But the current score is more than what it was in December 2016.

Another query for experts here, the CIBIL lists my old rented residential address ( vacated almost 11 years back) along with current one. How to get the old address removed form their system?
You are partially correct in that the hard pull does affect score by around 3-5 points.
However, if you subsequently get approved, then your credit utilization ratio decreases assuming your spending habits don't change.
This lowering of credit utilization ratio affects the score in a more positive way so as to negate the hard pull.
35% of score is determined by credit utilization ratio, so getting more credit will almost always better your score despite the enquiry.

I've never seen addresses removed by request, you can only add a new address upon KYC completion. I guess they keep old ones around to safeguard their credit in the very unlikely event that you could be found on your old address.
Old 19th February 2017, 20:37   #2433
Senior - BHPian

I have 2 credit cards from ICICI Bank - Platinum & Coral.

When I check the status of these cards on my icici net banking portal, I see the same amount of expenditure, total balance and credit limit is same for both cards even if I have made payment from one of the two cards.

For Example - If I have paid Rs. 1000 bill from my Platinum card, the same amount will be deducted from Coral effective balance as well?

Am I missing something or unable to understand how ICICI cards works?
Old 19th February 2017, 21:13   #2434
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
When I check the status of these cards on my icici net banking portal, I see the same amount of expenditure, total balance and credit limit is same for both cards even if I have made payment from one of the two cards.

Am I missing something or unable to understand how ICICI cards works?
Is it the same account ?
How do the expenses tally ? combined ?
Old 19th February 2017, 21:23   #2435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is it the same account ?
How do the expenses tally ? combined ?
Yes both card shows same expenses, even if I have used only one. Though If I make payment to one, the other card's figures also resets.

For ex - please see the sample illustration as on the portal.

The Credit Card Thread-capture111.jpg

Now I have made payments of Rs. 15,942 using Coral card, but it is showing in Platinum as well. If I do payment using Platinum, it reflects in Coral again!

When I pay the credit card bill of the card, both of them resets to initial amount.
Old 19th February 2017, 21:27   #2436
Distinguished - BHPian

So looks like the payment & expenses are shown for your account as a whole - irrespective of which card is used.
Old 19th February 2017, 22:26   #2437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
So looks like the payment & expenses are shown for your account as a whole - irrespective of which card is used.
Exactly.

So is this normal? Is it like this only? Or I should contact the bank?
Old 19th February 2017, 23:08   #2438
BHPian

Guys any idea on the SBI simplysave card ? Thus would be my first credit card ever. So just wanted to know views on it.

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 20th February 2017, 00:40   #2439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Exactly.

So is this normal? Is it like this only? Or I should contact the bank?
With ICICI bank, your first credit card# is also your CC account#, and it stays the same no matter how many cards you upgrade, and your credit limit is cumulative.

I moved from Gold>Platinum>Coral cancelling the previous card with each upgrade (they offered to let me keep them if I chose to).

Some account level transactions (annual fee waivers, reward points redemptions etc.) are still shown under a separate section that bears my original Gold card# on my CC statement.

If you aren't getting two separate accounts and credit limits, what's the point retaining both cards? Why not cancel the Platinum and use the Coral? If you prefer multiple credit cards for redundancy, get one from another provider.
Old 20th February 2017, 08:27   #2440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have an excellent history. Never ever delayed my payment in the last 3years. Let's see then.

Another query: I applied for a SCB card and the bank rep asked me to send the credit card statement and card front side photo for faster approval of any other card I have . Is it advisable to send such details over mail or even in person.?

Guys, HDFC has finally reversed the charges. I had sent them a mail for the 2nd time and they seemed to acknowledge the fact that my payment history is good. I sent the mail to customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com and it seemed to work. So for now I am not cancelling the card.
Old 28th February 2017, 16:36   #2441
Senior - BHPian

So my friend in Canada just woke up to see his card being used in Kerala thrice to withdraw cash!

He has not visited Kerala after he got this card. 30K in three 10k lots. He's speaking to the bank and the bank is investigating and my friend is figuring out where and how his card could have been skimmed.

:(
Old 10th March 2017, 09:58   #2442
BHPian

Thats sad to hear. Has he got any resolution from the bank yet?
Old 4th April 2017, 17:05   #2443
BHPian

Today i got a message from ICICI saying the my "credit card is proactively blocked due alter from network partner to prevent misuse...and a new card will reach to me within couple of days". When i called the call center, they said, it is blocked by the issuer (master card) as there are possible duplication of cards created by miscreants which is detected by them ...".

Is anyone got similar incidents in the past and recently? It is a Rubyx card.
Old 4th April 2017, 17:41   #2444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
Today i got a message from ICICI saying the my "credit card is proactively blocked due alter from network partner to prevent misuse...and a new card will reach to me within couple of days". When i called the call center, they said, it is blocked by the issuer (master card) as there are possible duplication of cards created by miscreants which is detected by them ...".

Is anyone got similar incidents in the past and recently? It is a Rubyx card.
Got similar message on CityBank in Jan. But they did not block instead left option with me to get it blocked or not.
Old 4th April 2017, 18:11   #2445
BHPian

For those looking for a fresh life-time free card, HSBC is providing one. I do not know how good or bad this card is, and this is the 1st time I am applying for a HSBC card.

I have a few life-time free cards from other banks with whom the relationship exceeds a decade, and the credit limit also been increased. So I wanted a card which would be used in the Kirana shops, and other small expense areas. Hence after all searching found the HSBC is lifetime free while a few other banks/cards waive off the first year fees, with the fine print stating that, from second year there would be annual charges.

I am in no way related to HSBC, and putting the same, as it took some effort to figure out which is a lifetime free card. Also would like to know if there is anything I need to be careful regarding HSBC or their cards...

Most Viewed