Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 10:15   #2581
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
In any case I will try it out at Heathrow as I have a 4 hr transit.
You need Priority pass for Lounge access outside india. Within India Maser card/Visa card is enough for respective lounges.
As per HDF recent changes in rules, if a card customer accesses PP lounge with in India, $27 charge will be levied
Old 16th June 2017, 10:37   #2582
BHPian

Guys,

Which is best credit card available in India for fuel benefits?
I am presently using Citi Bank IndianOil Card which serves me well with fuel redemption rewards points.
With use of 30k a month, you will get around 400 rupees worth of fuel.
Is there any better alternative available?
Old 16th June 2017, 14:05   #2583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
How do the people at the lounge entry desk come to know whether you have exhausted your quota of visits or not? As far as I know, they just swipe your card and charge you a nominal fee right?
She told me clearly you have used 3 complimentary lounge access, you will be charged Rs 580, if you want to use now. Previous 3 times they charged Rs 2.

Does anybody use Citibank Corporate card here, and knows how many complimentary lounge access per quarter/year is allowed?

Last edited by shamanth : 16th June 2017 at 14:09.
Old 16th June 2017, 14:56   #2584
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a HDFC Times credit card. I will be traveling to Thailand for a few days later this month and plan to use this card for daily expenses. Should I be concerned about anything?

The other option is an AMEX corporate green card. Will this be a better bet?
Old 16th June 2017, 14:59   #2585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
...With use of 30k a month, you will get around 400 rupees worth of fuel.....
How often you spend 30k in a month through the card ? I would rather save that 30k and pay in full for the fuel
I am using an Yes Exclusive right now, they claim to waive the fuel surcharge but its limited to Rs.1000 a month. Even to reach that limit, I must be an OLA or UBER driver !

Last edited by shajufx : 16th June 2017 at 15:01.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:02   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have a HDFC Times credit card. I will be traveling to Thailand for a few days later this month and plan to use this card for daily expenses. Should I be concerned about anything?

The other option is an AMEX corporate green card. Will this be a better bet?
There will be a forex transaction charge if you use hdfc. Get a prepaid forex card instead. I recently used Bookmyforex for my hong kong/singapore trip-was pretty impressed with their service.
Old 16th June 2017, 15:49   #2587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathish81 View Post
I recently used Bookmyforex for my hong kong/singapore trip-was pretty impressed with their service.
Thanks for the recommendation. The card is what type (visa/mastercard etc.) and issued by which bank? What are the reload options? Do they support chip and pin?
Old 16th June 2017, 19:17   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Thanks for the recommendation. The card is what type (visa/mastercard etc.) and issued by which bank? What are the reload options? Do they support chip and pin?
Friends of mine have used BookMyForex and it's a great option. The rates offered are very competitive (about a rupee or two lower than what I got with ICICI for EUR), and these are standard cards that work everywhere.

It is chip-and-pin card, but I don't know the other details. There is some reload option available, but how long does it take to be processed is something you should probably ask the customer care. Mastercard and Visa - I think they offer both, but shouldn't matter since both are equally accepted, right?
Old 16th June 2017, 20:22   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am presently using Citi Bank IndianOil Card which serves me well with fuel redemption rewards points.
Not sure if this is the best or not but I am using AMEX card since the last 4 months. In addition to the 0.75% normal cashback, I get 3% cashback and that too in the same month when the fuel is purchased.

The best I have used till now.
Old 16th June 2017, 20:41   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Check out the Standard Chartered Titanium Card. They give 5% cash back for fuel purchases. (1% surcharge waiver + 4% cash back). Had been using it for 8+ years and initially it was 2.5% surcharge waiver + 2.5% cash back. With the current 4% cash back, I guess this is one of the best cards for fuel.

Citibank Indian Oil card is good if you frequently use Indian Oil fuel station. Outside of Indian Oil, the card benefits is not that great for fuel purchase.
Old 16th June 2017, 22:25   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
Check out the Standard Chartered Titanium Card. They give 5% cash back for fuel purchases. (1% surcharge waiver + 4% cash back). Had been using it for 8+ years and initially it was 2.5% surcharge waiver + 2.5% cash back. With the current 4% cash back, I guess this is one of the best cards for fuel.

Agreed. Even I have been using it for about 7-8 years and it's pretty good. Good thing is that the cash back applies in all outlets and not limited to any particular outlet like - Indian Oil or HP or BPCL.
Old 17th June 2017, 08:51   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
The card is a visa issued by axis bank (I believe they also have tie up with hdfc). The main advantage of Bookmyforex is reloading is very simple- you need to sign and send a scanned copy of reload form, then tranfer INR through NEFT for the required forex ( they send u a quote/neft link).Reload is supposed to take 24 hrs, but in my case it happened by EOB IST (8pm)
Old 18th June 2017, 21:19   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Are you sure about this? I read the follwoing somewhere. But may have changed with all the other changes Regalia is doing

Priority Pass membership is on request. Customer has to complete 4 transactions in a statement within the first 90 days to be eligible for Priority Pass membership. Upon completing the 4 transactions in a statement, a link on which Priority Pass could be applied will be sent to customer post the statement is generated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
This is only for within India. For lounges outside India, one needs Priority Pass to enter the lounge.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear before. The Priority pass is not needed for lounge access, only if you are in India.

I can confirm this as I tried it last week at Bangalore and they charged me just Rs. 2 for Lounge access. I will probably be trying it again tomorrow as well, so I can update if anything has changed since then .
Old 18th June 2017, 22:10   #2594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have the HDFC Regalia and have never used it for lounge access.
Is this Regalia an upgrade from the Signature? Mine's due renewal in September so might want to ask them for a change. Fuel surcharge waiver is my primary use-case but wouldn't mind the occasional lounge access now that Citibank has withdrawn that.
Old 18th June 2017, 23:23   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Is this Regalia an upgrade from the Signature?
This is my first HDFC card and I have not had their signature in the past, so cannot answer. However this card was declined on all my transactions in London and in Chicago. Have to figure out why they have not enabled international usage, when I spoke to the customer care guy prior to departure as well. Also it has only a 2% surcharge vs normal 3.5% for currency exchange.

Most Viewed