Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2017, 12:27   #2566
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

@Gupta_chd :
I am using Credit Cards heavily for last 12 years and always paid the bills online. I have few queries regarding credit card bill payment by cheque.

1. Can some body else (my dad or wife) issue a cheque for my credit card bills?
Yes.I have done this n number of times.
2. If the cheque is of x bank and credit card of y bank, will there be any additional charges?
No.I have done this n number of times.
3. How to use the cheque for credit card bills. Just write credit card number in 'Pay' column, amount and signature. Anything else needs to be written?
Yes,in addition make it account payee and write your contact no.
Thanks.
Old 5th June 2017, 16:59   #2567
BHPian

@Inder, thanks for the useful information.
Old 10th June 2017, 16:50   #2568
BHPian

Ok, the cutting of reward points continue!
Received this mail from HDFC about my Diners Credit Card. This is just sad that EMI of any sort attracts no points. I got a good amount of points in that manner.

The Credit Card Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1497093585.194052.jpg
Old 12th June 2017, 09:46   #2569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Ok, the cutting of reward points continue!
I suppose the promotions have achieved their purpose of pushing Diners Club card to the masses. Diners Club card acceptance rate has come a long way in past 2-3 years from around 60% to over 90% now (based on my personal experience). As such, there does not seem any need to still promote Diners Club. I won't be surprised if the unlimited lounge visits also go very soon. That is probably the only saving grace now. Moment that goes, I will also bid goodbye to the card!
Old 13th June 2017, 14:54   #2570
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how many complimentary lounge access is there for Citibank Corporate card ?

When i tried to access lounge for 4th time, i was told i have exhausted 3 complimentary usage. Not sure if its for year or quarter ? I did not get proper information from citibank customer care. They asked me to call corporate card customer care, no one lifts the phone there.
Old 14th June 2017, 17:58   #2571
BHPian

I have the HDFC Regalia and have never used it for lounge access. Do I need a separate priority pass card or will the credit card give me access?
Old 14th June 2017, 19:55   #2572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Does anyone know how many complimentary lounge access is there for Citibank Corporate card ?

When i tried to access lounge for 4th time, i was told i have exhausted 3 complimentary usage. Not sure if its for year or quarter ? I did not get proper information from citibank customer care. They asked me to call corporate card customer care, no one lifts the phone there.
How do the people at the lounge entry desk come to know whether you have exhausted your quota of visits or not? As far as I know, they just swipe your card and charge you a nominal fee right?
Old 14th June 2017, 20:21   #2573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have the HDFC Regalia and have never used it for lounge access. Do I need a separate priority pass card or will the credit card give me access?
You don't need the priority pass card to use the Lounge access. You just present the Regalia card and they will charge around Rs. 2/- for the lounge access. That's it .
Old 14th June 2017, 20:47   #2574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
You don't need the priority pass card to use the Lounge access. You just present the Regalia card and they will charge around Rs. 2/- for the lounge access .
Thank you for the reply. I actually tried with my Axis card a few years back and it was not accepted though the literature said I have access. I now spoke to Hdfc customer care and he says I do need the priority pass card which they will ship to me but it won't reach me in time. My colleague did get the priority pass from HDFC btw. In any case I will try it out at Heathrow as I have a 4 hr transit.
Old 14th June 2017, 23:02   #2575
Senior - BHPian

HDFC credit cards have further reduced their points earning.
"EasyEMI and e-wallet loading transactions will not accrue Reward points."
This essentially means that any payments via pay, mobikwik, freecharge, mpesa etc will not get points for my regalia card.
Old 14th June 2017, 23:08   #2576
BHPian

Quote:
You don't need the priority pass card to use the Lounge access. You just present the Regalia card and they will charge around Rs. 2/- for the lounge access. That's it .
Are you sure about this? I read the follwoing somewhere. But may have changed with all the other changes Regalia is doing

Priority Pass membership is on request. Customer has to complete 4 transactions in a statement within the first 90 days to be eligible for Priority Pass membership. Upon completing the 4 transactions in a statement, a link on which Priority Pass could be applied will be sent to customer post the statement is generated.
Old 14th June 2017, 23:58   #2577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Thank you for the reply. I actually tried with my Axis card a few years back and it was not accepted though the literature said I have access. I now spoke to Hdfc customer care and he says I do need the priority pass card which they will ship to me but it won't reach me in time. My colleague did get the priority pass from HDFC btw. In any case I will try it out at Heathrow as I have a 4 hr transit.

The Priority Pass for my All Miles card arrived in record time (less than a week). Drop the form at your nearest HDFC ATM Dropbox. The lounge at Heathrow T5 had a long waiting the last time I went. The lounge itself was not impressive compared to the one at Bangalore and doesn't even have a toilet inside. So you wouldn't be missing much even if you don't manage to get the priority pass on time.
Old 15th June 2017, 10:29   #2578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I doubt this; I've seen people being refused entry because they don't have their PP card with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
The lounge itself was not impressive compared to the one at Bangalore and doesn't even have a toilet inside. So you wouldn't be missing much even if you don't manage to get the priority pass on time.
The same with Mumbai; I was so disappointed with the lounge!

The one in Delhi though is actually worth the effort.
Old 15th June 2017, 10:29   #2579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomson13 View Post
How do the people at the lounge entry desk come to know whether you have exhausted your quota of visits or not? As far as I know, they just swipe your card and charge you a nominal fee right?
When they swipe the card the response on swipe machine shows the charge which will be made for the visit. For free visits, a charge of 2rs is made. If the quota of free visits has expired, full amount for visit will be shown which needs to be then authorized.
Old 15th June 2017, 12:29   #2580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is only for within India. For lounges outside India, one needs Priority Pass to enter the lounge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks