Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2020, 17:14   #3991
AZT
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
upon calling customer care I was informed that gold purchase is not eligible for cashback even if brought from offline store.
I have a strong feeling gold purchase from offline stores will be exempt from all cash back schemes.
Old 18th November 2020, 17:35   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Learnt a lesson to read the TnC of credit cards very carefully before deciding which card to use for what! Sharing it here for the benefit of other users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
I have a strong feeling gold purchase from offline stores will be exempt from all cash back schemes.
I've used ICICI Amazon pay at Tanishq. Received 1% back.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 17:58   #3993
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Thanks. I couldn't find a list of offline stores where Amazon Pay 1% is applicable. Is it available every where, I have this card and wanted to start using it more.
Old 18th November 2020, 18:07   #3994
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I couldn't find a list of offline stores where Amazon Pay 1% is applicable. Is it available every where, I have this card and wanted to start using it more.
Yeah there isn't, but, going by my usage history, except fuel, most offline ones were covered. Few days ago, Amazon plugged that gap as well. They now offer 5% back(max INR 100) for the 1st transaction only.

They are really losing out by not allowing add-on cards.
Old 18th November 2020, 18:26   #3995
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I believe this depends upon the CC. I went through the terms & conditions for ICICI Amazon Pay CC and saw the below point.

Quote:
"12. Purchase of fuel and gold coins will not be eligible for Reward Points."
There should be such conditions listed down for all credit cards if it is not applicable.

Quote:
Few days ago, Amazon plugged that gap as well. They now offer 5% back(max INR 100) for the 1st transaction only.
Oh, that's a surprise. I don't use it much at offline stores but I always thought I would be receiving 1% flat reward for offline purchases.

That brings me to the question, aren't they supposed to adhere to the terms & conditions listed at the time when the customer agreed to it? I believe they cannot change the T&Cs without letting their customer know about it.
Old 18th November 2020, 21:24   #3996
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Few days ago, Amazon plugged that gap as well. They now offer 5% back(max INR 100) for the 1st transaction only.
I don't understand this. For every store you use this you get cashback only the first time ? or You only get cashback the first time you use it offline ?
Old 19th November 2020, 00:26   #3997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand this. For every store you use this you get cashback only the first time ? or You only get cashback the first time you use it offline ?

No. This is for fuel purchase. Once a month you get 5% cash back up to 100 bucks.
Old 19th November 2020, 00:55   #3998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
No. This is for fuel purchase. Once a month you get 5% cash back up to 100 bucks.
Could you share the source link for this information?
Old 19th November 2020, 07:53   #3999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx14 View Post
Could you share the source link for this information?
This is a limited period offer.
This offer is for Fuel purchases only. Once per month and max 100/month cashback.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-screenshot_20201119075143_amazon-shopping.jpg  

Old 19th November 2020, 09:13   #4000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I believe this depends upon the CC. I went through the terms & conditions for ICICI Amazon Pay CC and saw the below point.
I do not know how to show you the points awarded portion that's listed against the Tanishq transaction now, because that happened in Sep. Here's an image(screenshot from iMobile) of a one that happened this month. In summary, I received 1% back for Tanishq swipe. Perhaps coins aren't covered but jewellery are.

If someone how to reduce the size of the posted image, let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
The Credit Card Thread-one-percent.jpg  

Old 19th November 2020, 11:38   #4001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
When someone comes to pick up the docs, you can authenticate them via an ID card.

When you email the docs you can authenticate the recipient by their email domain.

When you upload it to a website you can authenticate it through certificate and other domain authentication methods.

With WhatsApp, nothing.
I agree wit email and website there is some element of authentication.
But an 'office boy' coming to collect document from home, most of the time, he won't be an employee of the bank, they will be from an outsourced 3rd party and may not have a bank ID card.

When the same person gives you a whatsapp number or sends a boy to collect the docs - i feel the risk is same.
Old 19th November 2020, 14:31   #4002
Senior - BHPian

I have been offered the ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card which is supposedly life time free from annual fees (no minimum spend annually either) and no joining fee.

Could you please advice if someone has this card and is it worth accepting.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 19th November 2020 at 14:33.
Old 19th November 2020, 16:06   #4003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
But an 'office boy' coming to collect document from home, most of the time, he won't be an employee of the bank, they will be from an outsourced 3rd party and may not have a bank ID card.
If a bank does that - you have to raise a stink. You have the freedom to raise a stink.

I routinely deal with Citibank this way - they send people they call "runners" to my office/home to pick up or to get me to sign documents. They all carry bank ID cards and they show it to me without asking.

The other day I booked a home pickup/dropoff for my car for service (still not comfortable with booking an Uber in these troubled times). The driver was from an outsourced agency; and I got SMS after SMS at every step of the process - handover from VW to the agency, agency's driver assignment, driver started, driver dropped vehicle, SA accepted etc. They had a map link too, on which I could track progress. Today's tech makes all this possible.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 16:25   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I routinely deal with Citibank this way - they send people they call "runners" to my office/home to pick up or to get me to sign documents. They all carry bank ID cards and they show it to me without asking.

Good if they are doing it. I have used these service few times, but never asked for ID.
Old 19th November 2020, 16:39   #4005
BHPian

I want to share recent experience of difference between ICICI and HDFC net banking.

I had an opportunity to save some money by taking an Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card, which I took. I already have an ICICI Bank savings salary account. I have setup a mobile phone app with this as primary account and already linked another ICICI Bank credit card. When this new Amazon card was issued it was automatically linked in this app. I don't know whether there is any risk but it is extremely convenient.

There was also an Amazon transaction on the original ICICI card, which I canceled. Refund mail also came from ICICI on this. However they had generated EMI schedule (my choice) on this transaction. So I sent e-mail asking how can EMI be charged on cancelled and refunded transaction. It was resolved after a few mails.

HDFC is the opposite. I have not operated the app and netbanking for a long time. So by now I have forgotten my credentials. I needed to check status of a refund.

On their netbanking login page, clicking "forgot my user ID" would not resolve: it would return error something to the effect "service not available at this time. Please try later". The app also keeps stone walling. Their call centres would take calls only for credit card fraud. That was about two weeks ago. So I sent an e-mail. Still waiting for their response.

This morning I was able to reset netbanking and login. However there was no credit card to choose under existing accounts. So I tried linking my card by entering all card details. It said this card is already linked. Already linked but does not display. Beats me!

Next I tried the app using the credentials set just a few minutes prior. Still no go. Still unable to check status of refund, waiting for statement which will be generated in two days from now.

In conclusion: ICICI Bank just happens, HDFC does not, even with best of efforts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks