Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2017, 19:42   #2491
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Kotak has been the worst bank I have dealt with , loans, mutual funds, savings bank, have had issues with all of them.
Ha. I see your Kotak Mahindra and raise you with ICICI Bank. I had cut ALL contacts with them (to the extent of exiting all ICICI Prudential mutual funds); unfortunately now this Fastag has put in in their web once again. :-(
Old 26th April 2017, 08:51   #2492
Senior - BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

The problem got sorted. It seems they sent me wrong SMS and mail alert. What worries me is how I would be able to block my car immediately if I ever lose it. Their response time was more than 18 hours
Old 26th April 2017, 09:53   #2493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The problem got sorted. It seems they sent me wrong SMS and mail alert. What worries me is how I would be able to block my car immediately if I ever lose it. Their response time was more than 18 hours
Even if you lose it, every transaction is done via a pin (offline) and a one time password online. Both very secure to ensure no fraudulent transactions.

Would someone be able to use your card without your authorization?
Old 26th April 2017, 10:37   #2494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Even if you lose it, every transaction is done via a pin (offline) and a one time password online. Both very secure to ensure no fraudulent transactions.

Would someone be able to use your card without your authorization?

I am not sure but I travel abroad a lot and many a times they don't require the pin. Moreover there could be many hypothetical situations where I may lose my phone and card together. Then I am a goner.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:55   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure but I travel abroad a lot and many a times they don't require the pin... Then I am a goner.
I am sure you know the other precautions about disabling international purchases (enabling when you want) and setting limits etc but want to mention that you can consider insurance for lost card cover. That should give you peace of mind.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:34   #2496
BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Does any one here have a Jetprivilege card here?
I got an ICICI bank Rubyx Jetprivilege card with more than 25,000 JPmiles however I am unable to link it to my Jetprivilege account. I tried calling both customer care service people (i.e. Jetprivilege as well as ICICI Bank) they both keep saying that it is the other persons job.
How do I link these accounts ?

Last edited by dean5545 : 26th April 2017 at 11:35.
Old 4th May 2017, 13:07   #2497
BHPian

I was using the virtual credit card feature of Axis bank till last year. It was particularly beneficial for my purchases on Aliexpress or any other sites that I felt could be compromised. The feature was called eshop and one could login to that site of Axis Bank and generate a one time use credit card that would expire in 48 hrs. This feature has now been disabled as per phone banking folks. My credit card had expired and the renewed one I tried to register on the eshop site and it does not accept this anymore. Phone banking support says since visa now has 3D secure they have stopped this. I am skeptical as 3D Secure was there earlier as well. Just wanted to check if anyone else is using this feature of axis bank and if this continues to work for you?
I have now applied for a HDFC credit card so I can get this virtual card capability.
Old 4th May 2017, 14:31   #2498
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have now applied for a HDFC credit card so I can get this virtual card capability.
HDFC also removed this option few years back
Old 4th May 2017, 14:42   #2499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
As of today, I think the only bank that has the "1 time use only" virtual card feature is SBI (might be wrong though).
Old 9th May 2017, 00:13   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Kotak Mahindra bank seems to have the worst service in terms of wrong/fraudulent transactions. I bought petrol worth 700 bucks an hour back and now I see it got charged twice in my card. I punched the pin only once. I don't how it was charged twice. And there is no one in the customer service desk to answer my call. Any idea guys how to get this sorted. This is my first time with wrong/fraudulent transactions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Most probably the amount should get reversed in a day or so. If that doesn't happen,
keep trying the desk, drop a couple of emails too if there is any Id shared. Atleast you will have some record.
Kotak has been the worst bank I have dealt with , loans, mutual funds, savings bank, have had issues with all of them.
Stay away once this is sorted.
One time it took a week to two weeks for me to get my refund back to my debit card for the transaction that hasn't gone through. So be patient, I think it will come around. Either way, keep a copy of the transaction and the dates for your future references in case you have to go through the customer service for a refund.
Old 9th May 2017, 21:33   #2501
Oxy
BHPian

Some news about HDFC Diners Club cards:

1. They now work on Amazon.

2. The 10x rewards feature has been removed from Flipkart and Makemytrip, instead Amazon has it now.

3. HDFC has devalued these cards too. Max reward points that can be earned in a month now are 25000, 5000 and 2000 for Black, Premium and Rewardz cards respectively as compared to 50000, 10000 and 2500 till last month.
Old 9th May 2017, 22:09   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Does any one here have a Jetprivilege card here?
I got an ICICI bank Rubyx Jetprivilege card with more than 25,000 JPmiles however I am unable to link it to my Jetprivilege account. I tried calling both customer care service people (i.e. Jetprivilege as well as ICICI Bank) they both keep saying that it is the other persons job.
How do I link these accounts ?
Dean,

If your Jetprivilege account has JPmiles in it and you want to link the Jetprivilege number associated with the credit card, I believe you should create a login with the JP number and then write to Jetprivilege to combine the two accounts. This, I believe should work.

I had a similar issue where I had unknowingly created two different Jetprivilege accounts. They combined the accounts after a few mails being exchanged.

Hope this helps.
Old 10th May 2017, 01:29   #2503
BHPian

The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

2. The 10x rewards feature has been removed from Flipkart and Makemytrip, instead Amazon has it now.

3. HDFC has devalued these cards too. Max reward points that can be earned in a month now are 25000, 5000 and 2000 for Black, Premium and Rewardz cards respectively as compared to 50000, 10000 and 2500 till last month.

Well I hate that they've removed the 10x from those sites, was pretty useful to be honest.
Also, about the reward points, are you sure? I've been using this card and been pitching it to everyone cause of the rewards. Seems like one of the best out there. Anyway, good that I've booked my air tickets, paid my bill and made good use of the movie vouchers on the card.

They've updated some new 10x merchants. Sad about the capping of points!

Attachment 1637453

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 10th May 2017 at 01:32.
Old 10th May 2017, 12:56   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post

Can you please let me know how can we redeem these points. I think 1 point = 1 Rupee. Can that be adjusted against the outstanding amount or they have a reward catalogue or something for redeeming the points.
Old 10th May 2017, 22:57   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post
Can you please let me know how can we redeem these points. I think 1 point = 1 Rupee. Can that be adjusted against the outstanding amount or they have a reward catalogue or something for redeeming the points.
using here hdfcbankdinersclub.in

Most Viewed