Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2020, 09:02   #4021
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Has anyone here added their credit card on Google Pay? Even after adding it shows my bank account as "Primary". Tried removing the bank account but that didn't help. How do I make all my payments on Google Pay using credit card by default instead of my bank account?
"Only Axis Visa cards and SBI Visa credit cards can be added to your payment methods. International cards aren’t supported by Google Pay at this time."
Source
Funny is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 09:42   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Is there a way to check the reward points for each individual transaction in Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card?
Refer THIS (The Credit Card Thread). I believe insurance payments are classified as bills, so eligible for 2% cash back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Has anyone got a clue how to generate Virtual Credit Card in ICICI Bank ?
ICICI has published an FAQ, so they must have it in their portfolio. I did a quick scan, could not find one though.

Quote:
Has anyone here added their credit card on Google Pay? Even after adding it shows my bank account as "Primary". Tried removing the bank account but that didn't help. How do I make all my payments on Google Pay using credit card by default instead of my bank account?
My Axis ACE credit card is tagged to Gpay. Can only be used to pay bills via Gpay and at EDC machines that support contactless. QR code/UPI payments can only happen via bank accounts.

I don't have to carry cash or any physical bank cards anymore. I can tag my phone as lost when it happens and that'll erase GPay as well, so love it. Contactless EDC's aren't everywhere, end up doing UPI thereby losing out on 2% cash back. Hoping Google releases the new in India soon.
vinu_h is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 11:08   #4023
Distinguished - BHPian

Being a 100% credit card user, I am irritated by the disappearing credit card (Paytm) QR codes most merchants used to have earlier in the pre-BHIM world. I dislike paying with a debit to my bank account.

Is there any way to ask merchants about a credit card code? The bigger merchants typically still have a Paytm code but others have moved to the debit codes.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 13:24   #4024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Being a 100% credit card user, I am irritated by the disappearing credit card (Paytm) QR codes most merchants used to have earlier in the pre-BHIM world. I dislike paying with a debit to my bank account.

Is there any way to ask merchants about a credit card code? The bigger merchants typically still have a Paytm code but others have moved to the debit codes.
I have stopped using Paytm for the same reason - they have moved from credit card to debit cards and UPI, both are as good as using cash (which most merchants prefer). By the way Paytm has started charging 2% for credit card topup to the balance.
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 00:52   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Is there a way to check the reward points for each individual transaction in Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card? Pardon me if this was posted earlier as I am not able to find any related post.
Also I am trying to figure out if I will get reward points for paying my LIC premium through Amazon using the APay ICICI Card. I read the FAQ and T&C for the card but there is no mention of any restriction for paying insurance premiums, in which case I should be eligible for 1% cashback. Should be a good option to pay using APay CC if the premium amount is big (50K+) to earn flat 1% reward points.
If you use ICICI netbanking, you can download an excel copy of your last bill from there. It shows cash back received on every transaction.

You can even pay LIC premium through Amazon app. I did that last month and received a cool 5% cash back!
fazayal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 12:22   #4026
Oxy
BHPian

Absolutely horrendous experience with Axis Bank.

Got an Ace credit card, tried to use it on Big Basket daily to recharge wallet, transaction fails. Contact the customer care and learn that you actually need to enable online transactions exclusively.

Installed mobile app to do that, but you need to authenticate your card to use the mobile app. Generated both card pin and TPIN on IVR to do that.

Back to the mobile app, and it won't accept my pin when I try to authenticate. Call customer care again, end up speaking to 10 different people, none of whom has a clue, keep getting transferred to IVR.

Finally someone tells me to visit the nearest branch to authenticate my card. I give her a piece of my mind. Then she tries to divert me to the IVR again. I ask to speak to her superior. She keeps me on hold for 10 minutes and then says all superiors are busy and she is checking for availability.

Then asks me to press option 2 on IVR. When I point out that is for savings bank account, she asks did you download the app from play store? When I said yes then she's like ok that's the reason. Please uninstall it and I will send you a link in 5 minutes. It's been half an hour and counting, no link received yet. Also asked for a feedback link on email, none received.

Why do you even have to enable an option to use your card? Absolutely pathetic disgrace in the name of support.

EDIT: Now after uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app (no link sent still btw), I cannot even login.

Please stay away from this joke of a bank.

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th November 2020 at 13:35. Reason: typo
Old 28th November 2020, 13:33   #4027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why do you even have to enable an option to use your card?
It is an RBI requirement. To have an explicit enabling action by the card owner for a card to be allowed to be used for online transactions.

Quote:
she asks did you download the app from play store? When I said yes then she's like ok that's the reason. Please uninstall it and I will send you a link in 5 minutes. It's been half an hour and counting, no link received yet.
I hope you know that sideloading and logging in to an off-store app purported to be from your bank is probably the worst damage that you can do to your bank balance.
Old 28th November 2020, 14:52   #4028
BHPian

Quote:
Back to the mobile app, and it won't accept my pin when I try to authenticate.
Make a transaction on amazon, buy something and see if the order goes through. If it does you are good to go. You can cancel the order for a full refund. Normally Amazon's authentication processes are smooth but so is bigbasket. Also the enablement etc are normal and some new rules from rbi due to increased threats from cyberattacks and hackers.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 18:21   #4029
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely horrendous experience with Axis Bank.

Got an Ace credit card, tried to use it on Big Basket daily to recharge wallet, transaction fails. Contact the customer care and learn that you actually need to enable online transactions exclusively.
Wow, I am in the same boat with this Ace credit card. Went through a similar ordeal without any solution in sight. Sent an email to the support address in the back of the card. Received an automated response, through which I found a link for their chat support who has sought 2 days time to resolve. Maybe you can try this? Nonetheless, please update if you make headway!

Too many hoops to jump through just to authenticate a card!

Last edited by vaibzi : 28th November 2020 at 18:22.
Old 28th November 2020, 18:27   #4030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post

You can even pay LIC premium through Amazon app. I did that last month and received a cool 5% cash back!
I just saw on Amazon app and it's showing only 2%. Where is this 5% offer mentioned.
Old 28th November 2020, 19:03   #4031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I just saw on Amazon app and it's showing only 2%. Where is this 5% offer mentioned.
2% is for bill payments. It used to be 5% before. 😞

However, for LIC premium payment its still 5%.

Last month I paid LIC premium and received 5% cash back in my statement. For all bill payments it was 2% though.
fazayal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2020, 20:09   #4032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
I can confirm that the cashback is 5% for LIC premium payment. I had paid a premium of 14k and got 700 cashback in my current statement. Usually you won't get any benefit in any portal for premium payments, so this 5% cashback is a great deal IMO.
Funny is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2020, 11:09   #4033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Has anyone got a clue how to generate Virtual Credit Card in ICICI Bank ? My infinea card had few attempts from Japan recently and since then I have blocked international transactions on all my cards. However few websites charge only by saving card details for subscriptions and I wish to use a Virtual Card with a very low limit.

There are US sites like https://privacy.com/ that provide disposable credit cards with low predefined limits. Any idea about similar products for India?
Check if you are able to see a Virtual card listed by navigating "Credit Cards-> Virtual Credit Cards" on the left panel in your account portal.
In my ICICI back account, there is a Virtual credit card listed (with the option to set a limit), but this does not seem to be a disposable number. But a fixed number like a supplementary card. Although this has been available for some years now, I have forgotten if I ever used it.

Alternately have you considered taking a lifetime free card and set a low limit on it? Or use paytm debit card (with 0 or no balance in the linked patym bank account?).
Old 30th November 2020, 10:44   #4034
BHPian

Update on Amazon Pay CC:
It seems, they have changed the cashback from 5% to 1% for Insurance Premium payment.
In September month, I had got 5% cashback, but this month I got only 1% cashback. When I raised the query, they told me that it is 1% now.
Request others to confirm this.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2020, 14:12   #4035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Update on Amazon Pay CC:
It seems, they have changed the cashback from 5% to 1% for Insurance Premium payment.
In September month, I had got 5% cashback, but this month I got only 1% cashback. When I raised the query, they told me that it is 1% now.
Request others to confirm this.
I did another LIC premium payment of around 70k on 28th Nov and today I can see ~3500 points have been credited against that transaction on the ICICI iMobile app. Maybe someone who did a payment after 28th Nov can confirm if they have got the 5% points credited.

Most Viewed