Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2022, 16:36   #5551
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
Thats the first thing that comes to my mind. If you are using a gmail id with a "." and the other persons email id is without a ".", that email still might land in your mail box. I have been receiving Vodafone bill emails for someone with a similar name. (abc.def@gmail.com and abcdef@gmail.com)
This is exactly the same thing happening with me as well. My email ID has '.' where the email ID mentioned in the emails that I receive does not have '.' I even checked with google and they did clarify that google does not allow users to create email IDs like this. As per them, xxx.yyy@gmail.com and xxxyyy@gmail.com, both belongs to the same person.
I sent them multiple emails even after receiving this clarification from them, but they are not able to give any definitive answer to my query. It looks like, may be google allowed creation of 2 different emails in the initial days and now it must have been stopped?
Old 6th July 2022, 17:15   #5552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiker View Post
If you are using a gmail id with a "." and the other persons email id is without a ".",
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
, may be google allowed creation of 2 different emails in the initial days and now it must have been stopped?
Right since the beginning, when gmail was invite only, they had a policy that you can create email id with or without . but it would still be treated as one id. So there is no question of allowing two people to create similar ids, one with . and other without it.

The emails coming to you is simply about the service providers inputting wrong id.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2022, 00:38   #5553
BHPian

I think Axis Magnus right now is much better card compared to HDFC Infinia. It every 2-3 months gets 20x Reward Points on Amazon or 10x on Flipkart. With standard rate of return at 1.2%, those 20x Reward Points makes is a whooping 24% point back**. To top it all of, if you spend 1 Lakh in a calendar month*, you get 5% backs as bonus points making effective return 6.2%.

Not to mention the return of fees with 10000 worth Tata Cliq Voucher, 8 VIP Airport Concierge service per year for domestic airports, and 5 Bookmyshow Buy 1 get 1 at Rs. 500 per month.

They also have direct tie ups with various online brands directly offering from 5x to 45x points. Also, 5x points on their Travel Edge portal with no convince fees on flight booking.

Only issue is that point tracking can be a bit of a mess and their service is as bad as HDFC.

Also, if you fly Vistara regularly, I don't think anything can beat Axis Vistara Infinite at 7.5 lakhs spend per annum.

*This is post 1 or 2 month of issuance of your card.
** This can be capped. Before last time, it was unlimited. Last time it was capped at 20000 points worth INR 4000.
anti21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 13:33   #5554
ZMG
BHPian

Hi
Recently got a Diners Black card.
Wanted to know if I have to do something specific to get priority pass card.

Thanks in advance
ZMG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 18:31   #5555
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi
Recently got a Diners Black card.
Wanted to know if I have to do something specific to get priority pass card.

Thanks in advance
No priority pass with Diners. DCB card itself to be swiped to get lounge access.
Old 10th July 2022, 19:04   #5556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Quoting for attention.

I need some help please. Out of the blue, I got an email from SBI credit card with a statement attached (amount payable = Rs 0). However, I do not have an SBI card, and neither have I applied for one recently. In fact, I have not applied for ANY card recently.

The email id - Statements@sbicard.com - looks genuine enough.

The customer care ID mentioned in the email is incorrect and my mail to them bounced with the following message

I tried calling the helpline numbers, but all of them need the credit card number to proceed which I do not have obviously.

What should I do next?
I too received a e-statement from Sbi card. Using few random guess of first 2 numbers of last 4 digit I managed to open e-statement, it was for a SBI Gold cc last I used in 2009 and closed. It had Credit balance of 44 INR, perhaps the reason why statement was received. However I have never received it earlier.
CIBIL report states that Card is closed.
sshekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 13:03   #5557
BHPian

I had a very interesting episode with SBI credit cards recently, Me and my dad both hold SBI credit cards (Prime as well as simplysave) , however despite having international transactions enabled we were unable to use them for a payment for a visa application on one of the consulate website. The transactions were straight away declined.

I had to them enable international transaction on my Axis debit card to go through with the payment.
Old 13th July 2022, 12:34   #5558
BHPian

Hello,

I have been using a Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium CC since 2015. The benefits and cashback offers have been watered down. My primary usage is for fuel, travel (air and train tickets) and some online shopping.

As per my usage, kindly suggest a good alternative (with good cashback and other offers). Thank you very much.
Old 14th July 2022, 03:44   #5559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hello,

I have been using a Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium CC since 2015. The benefits and cashback offers have been watered down. My primary usage is for fuel, travel (air and train tickets) and some online shopping.

As per my usage, kindly suggest a good alternative (with good cashback and other offers). Thank you very much.
I would suggest HDFC Infinia for travel and shopping on Flipkart. It gives the best value I feel.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 10:31   #5560
BHPian

I have an Ultimate card and Std Chartered has applied late payment charges(sizable number) with the head "A4 interest charges + GST".

My primary started off the month with a credit balance, so I paid the difference alone. Most of the transactions happened on the supplementary. SC says only incoming payments are transferred automatically to the supplementary to offset, while credit in primary is not automated and this allowed an overdue to happen in the supplementary. Apparently it is the customer's responsibility to call and ask for this to be moved to the supplementary. Obviously I stood firm and asked for it to be waived. They've asked 2 days to work on it.
Old 14th July 2022, 10:50   #5561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have an Ultimate card and Std Chartered has applied late payment charges(sizable number) with the head "A4 interest charges + GST".
I have had similar issues with them. I then started to make separate transfers to the primary and supplementary cards respectively to avoid any such problems. These are basic things which they used to take care of, but when they hit me with the late payment charges, I decided not to relay on them.
Old 14th July 2022, 11:25   #5562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have an Ultimate card...
I am holding a SC Super Value Titanium CC for the past 5-6 yrs. I am in the process of evaluating various credit cards before putting in my application.

How are the offers and cashback on the SC Ultimate Card? How has been your experience across fuel, travel and shopping categories? Thanks!
Old 14th July 2022, 11:36   #5563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
How are the offers and cashback on the SC Ultimate Card? How has been your experience across fuel, travel and shopping categories? Thanks!
What I like about the SC Ultimate is that the cashback is 3.3% no matter where you swipe(except Int'l) and no other strings attached. Much like ICICI, their website & mobile app are easy to use, call center folks are also good. The gift voucher options in their rewards site are quite diverse and that makes the 5000 annual worth it.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2022, 11:47   #5564
Distinguished - BHPian

(Reposting from a different thread) Has anyone heard about the OneCard credit card? Pune based firm seemingly seeing a lot of VC funds investment. Can't see any breakthrough innovation/capability that would support this firm to be successful. They have tieups with 5 banks (Federal, BoB, etc.)

https://getonecard.app/

https://techcrunch.com/2022/07/13/in...fresh-funding/
Old 14th July 2022, 12:00   #5565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti21 View Post
Also, if you fly Vistara regularly, I don't think anything can beat Axis Vistara Infinite at 7.5 lakhs spend per annum.
I fly Vistara regularly and I am on the Platinum tier. Should I go for Axis Infinite?

I do have HDFC Infinia, btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks