Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 09:51   #781
BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Hello,

I’m based out of Mumbai. I am looking to purchase a pre owned Vespa from Perinthalmanna, Kerala.

Wanted inputs if it is feasible or advisable to do so? The scooter I am looking at is one I’ve wanted since quite some time, and unfortunately isn’t on sale anymore.

I’ve seen inter state car purchases be an hassle. I’m sure purchasing a scooter will be no less! But I am still determined to get it.

Also, I would appreciate it if a member based our of the location can help in any way to check the scooter out in person!
Old 20th March 2021, 11:09   #782
BHPian

I am based out of Bangalore and interested in buying second hand Z650 (BS6 From 2020 March) or CBR650R (BS4 2019/20). Few reliable z650s (BS4 2018/19) come in OLX (2020 BS6 is yet to come, Not seen one). I am still waiting; First preference is CBR650R but have not seen anything on OLX.

I wish to know if there are any reliable contacts or owners of machines, Please do let me know.

Last edited by katsumoto : 20th March 2021 at 11:23. Reason: Adding specifics.
Old 6th April 2021, 13:54   #783
BHPian

I am based out of Chennai. Looking to buy a scooter. Anybody has any leads please let me know.
Old 13th July 2021, 11:12   #784
BHPian

I have my eyes on Gixer SF -2020 Model 10000 Kms run. Owner is quoting 165000. I have not had a look at the bike yet, I plan to do it soon. If everything seems in place, what should be the ideal price for this bike? This looks like pre BSIV and in Pune.
Old 13th July 2021, 11:18   #785
Senior - BHPian

What would be a good price for a 6k run 2011 Honda Activa in good condition in Bangalore.
Looking to help someone I know in selling one that is unused.
Old 13th July 2021, 17:44   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
What would be a good price for a 6k run 2011 Honda Activa in good condition in Bangalore.
Looking to help someone I know in selling one that is unused.
I'm assuming this is a 2G variant? Well, max 20k but ideally 15-16k should be good price for it.
creative420 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 13:50   #787
BHPian

I am looking to buy a used 150cc bike (mostly Unicorn or FZ) in Chennai to be used as a local runabout. How do I go about it? I have informed my friends to let me know if they come to know if any bike sale in their circle. I also plan to check in OLX, but i hear that most dealer bikes will have tampered odometers. What would be other sources? Is there any seller like Spinny selling certified used bikes? Also any suggestions on how old an bike i should buy (say < 7 years) from reliability and maintenance perspective.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 29th September 2021, 15:25   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
I am looking to buy a used 150cc bike (mostly Unicorn or FZ) in Chennai to be used as a local runabout. How do I go about it? I have informed my friends to let me know if they come to know if any bike sale in their circle. I also plan to check in OLX, but i hear that most dealer bikes will have tampered odometers. What would be other sources? Is there any seller like Spinny selling certified used bikes? Also any suggestions on how old an bike i should buy (say < 7 years) from reliability and maintenance perspective.
Thanks in Advance.
Not sure how much you can stretch your budget, I can see this bike in Team-bhp's classifieds section. https://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy...i/Gixxer.html/

OLX sellers are quite a pain to deal with in my experience, dealers are much worse. Finding a machine in your circle would be the best bet, helps reduce the hassle and the risk.
RiderZone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 23:00   #789
BHPian

Hello there! I am a 18y/o student currently in the market for an used CI Enfield. I plan to hold on to the ride for 3 to 5 years and then move on to something bigger. Till now I have come across the following offers. I am unable to judge whether the asking prices are too exorbitant or am I getting a good deal.
1. 1989 RE Machismo 350:
Asking Price: INR 50000
Condition: Seems fairly decent and engine sounds good. No sort of tappet or other sounds.
My only concern is whether a 33y/o machine will be reliable enough to last 5 more years without any major repairs or overhaul. Also, is it even remotely viable to spend half a lakh on a 32y/o machine?

2. 1995/1998/2003 RE Standard 350
Asking Price: INR 25000[2003] to 30000[1995 & 1998]
Condition: Being Police disposal vehicles, there are a lot of cosmetic issues but the engines seem to be in better running condition. I have allocated a budget of INR 5000 for potential repairs to get in into proper mechanical condition.
So far, these seemed to me as the perfect balance between price and quality [1998 needs a repaint though] and I was almost going to go along with this one until the arrival of option number 3

3. 2006 RE Electra 5s with ES and Disk Brakes (Anniversary Edition)
Electras have always occupied a special place in my heart. Two years ago, when I was in the market for a new Enfield, the Electra appealed to me the most because it has some of that old-school charm and traits of a "Bullet" that the Classic sorely lacks. Moreover, it stands out in the sea of C350s around me [No Offence intended].
However, this Electra, being priced at INR 50000, makes me wonder if it will make financial sense to buy and sell it back after 3 years or so. How much do I stand to lose in the process? Also, going by the arguments of the purists, are 5s ES CI engines as reliable as 4s engines of the Standards? Are there any significant extra costs involved in maintenance and FE?
Any help will be deeply appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.13-pm-1.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.13-pm-2.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.13-pm.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.14-pm-1.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.14-pm.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.50.14-pm-2.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.52.32-pm-2.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.52.33-pm-1.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.52.33-pm.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.52.32-pm-1.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.52.34-pm.jpeg  

The "Used Bike Price Thread"-whatsapp-image-20220126-10.53.51-pm.jpeg  

SgtGAWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2022, 23:37   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGAWD View Post
Hello there! I am a 18y/o student currently in the market for an used CI Enfield. I plan to hold on to the ride for 3 to 5 years and then move on to something bigger. Till now I have come across the following offers. I am unable to judge whether the asking prices are too exorbitant or am I getting a good deal.
It is heartwarming that you're looking for an Enfield from yesteryears for college use!

However, all the pictures you have put up are of motorcycles which haven't been in use for years! These old machines run well when run regularly and maintained properly, but these machines don't look that way.

I'm assuming the prices you've been quoted are for "as is" condition. I honestly don't think you'll be able to restore these to good running condition with a 5k budget. You should be looking at least at a 25-30k balllpark figure for full restoration, for which you'll need to invest a lot of time as well. Most importantly, you'll need a reliable mechanic who can work on old Enfields.

So my advice would be to get an old Enfield only if you're prepared to spend some good money and time on it, after you find a nice reliable mechanic.

Please go through this Enfield restoration thread by senior BHPian Arun:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...71-bullet.html (Stolen & found after 25 years - Dad's 1971 Bullet!)

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 26th January 2022 at 23:40.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 08:06   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
It is heartwarming that you're looking for an Enfield from yesteryears for college use!

However, all the pictures you have put up are of motorcycles which haven't been in use for years! These old machines run well when run regularly and maintained properly, but these machines don't look that way.

I'm assuming the prices you've been quoted are for "as is" condition. I honestly don't think you'll be able to restore these to good running condition with a 5k budget. You should be looking at least at a 25-30k balllpark figure for full restoration, for which you'll need to invest a lot of time as well. Most importantly, you'll need a reliable mechanic who can work on old Enfields.

So my advice would be to get an old Enfield only if you're prepared to spend some good money and time on it, after you find a nice reliable mechanic.

Please go through this Enfield restoration thread by senior BHPian Arun:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...71-bullet.html (Stolen & found after 25 years - Dad's 1971 Bullet!)
Thank you for your response Geo_Ipe!
I do understand that a proper restoration requires quite some time and budget and may not be the most plausible course of action for me now. The most I may do with any of these bikes would be a thorough service and do not plan to dive into cosmetic restoration. Also, I plan to proceed slowly with the restoration after that over a longer period of time. Thankfully, I have been lucky enough to get in touch with a good mechanic who charges reasonably and specializes in older Enfields.

I've read thoroughly through senior BHPian Arun's thread and it surely stands as one of my favourites in the forum along with theqca's G2 story and tharian's review of his 100,000 kms+ Electra. Honestly, these are the threads that inspired me to delve into the world of older Enfields and led me to explore every Enfield thread on TBHP {including 100 pages of the TBHP RE Owners thread}. As an enthusiast who is yet to lay his hands on his first RE, it never gets tiresome ogling at photos of these machines lovingly cared for by their owners.
Cheers
SgtGAWD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 10:13   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtGAWD View Post
1. 1989 RE Machismo 350:
Condition: Seems fairly decent and engine sounds good. No sort of tappet or other sounds.
My only concern is whether a 33y/o machine will be reliable enough to last 5 more years without any major repairs or overhaul. Also, is it even remotely viable to spend half a lakh on a 32y/o machine?

2. 1995/1998/2003 RE Standard 350
Asking Price: INR 25000[2003] to 30000[1995 & 1998]
Condition: Being Police disposal vehicles, there are a lot of cosmetic issues but the engines seem to be in better running condition. I have allocated a budget of INR 5000 for potential repairs to get in into proper mechanical condition.
So far, these seemed to me as the perfect balance between price and quality [1998 needs a repaint though] and I was almost going to go along with this one until the arrival of option number 3

3. 2006 RE Electra 5s with ES and Disk Brakes (Anniversary Edition)
Electras have always occupied a special place in my heart. Two years ago, when I was in the market for a new Enfield, the Electra appealed to me the most because it has some of that old-school charm and traits of a "Bullet" that the Classic sorely lacks. Moreover, it stands out in the sea of C350s around me [No Offence intended].
However, this Electra, being priced at INR 50000, makes me wonder if it will make financial sense to buy and sell it back after 3 years or so. How much do I stand to lose in the process? Also, going by the arguments of the purists, are 5s ES CI engines as reliable as 4s engines of the Standards? Are there any significant extra costs involved in maintenance and FE?
Any help will be deeply appreciated
My suggestion son, as a multiple Bullet owner of over 20 years, is to find a Bullet that runs, and without smoke. And shifts through all 4 gears (shifts, and does not slip back in any gear, or make horrible sounds). That is the absolute bare minimum.

Once you find a Bullet like that in your budget, and it runs on the road (which means mechanically sound and not patched up and about to fall apart with regard to tank, chassis and wheels) then the rest (including perpetually troublesome electricals) can be patched up basis money available on an as and when needed basis. The Bullet will keep running even without.

Forget the looks and cosmetics (barring big obvious dents. bends, etc) and don't care about the paint (barring obvious and deeper than superficial rusting). This is a college bike, and the worse it looks, the better chance you have of friends not borrowing (and abusing) it.

All the best. You are well on your way to becoming a man. A rite of passage not unlike any other warrior tribe in history.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited by ebonho : 27th January 2022 at 10:24.
ebonho is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 11:39   #793
BHPian

Hi Everyone

I recently Sold my Honda X-Blade. I wasn't really happy with its dynamics and it felt overall flimsy to me. I don't know, maybe its because of my bias for Bajaj Bikes.

Anyway, now that my Xblade is gone, I'm on the market for a Pulsar. Budget is 15,000-22,000. I'm also looking for Non-pulsar options as well. Here's what I have below, want to know your thoughts on them.

1: 2007 Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTS-I

Highlights:

> Single Owner - Black
> Done 45,000 KM
> Photos show that paint's in good shape, though the Pulsar Monogram isn't on the tank and it looks faded.
> In the photos, its shows that the Indicators, Speedo and everything works.

Asking price: 20,000

2: 2012 Bajaj Pulsar 150

Highlights

> Third Owner - Black and Red
> Done 67,000 KM
> Photos show that its missing the "150" Monogram on the rear cowl and it looks faded.
> Indicators, Tail lights and speedo works. It shows 66,787KM on the ODO

Asking price: 14,000

3: 2011 Yamaha FZS

Highlights

> Second Owner - White and Red
> Done 77,670 KM
> Its decent, all the badges are there, minimal scratches. No Dents
> Indicators are missing, some are hanging by the wire. Taillights don't work and the speedometer backlight also doesn't work, but it powers on.

Asking price: 30,000 But negotiable.

I'm leaning heavily towards the P200. and the FZ seems to be in good shape and needs some work. So that was an option and says its negotiable. If you have any suggestions for a good powerful Commuter, i'd consider it. Thanks.
Old 30th March 2022, 10:08   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDrago56 View Post
Hi Everyone

3: 2011 Yamaha FZS

I'm leaning heavily towards the P200. and the FZ seems to be in good shape and needs some work. So that was an option and says its negotiable. If you have any suggestions for a good powerful Commuter, i'd consider it. Thanks.
I have used FZ-S from 2009 to 2013, it a very good motorcycle. Very reliable and refined. The asking price is VERY high in your case. The bike is 11 year old, if its well maintained, 20k is the Max you should offer.

P.S. Just a small suggestion. Stay away from decade old pulsars. Go for the Japanese brands.
Mach_1590 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 11:41   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach_1590 View Post
I have used FZ-S from 2009 to 2013, it a very good motorcycle. Very reliable and refined. The asking price is VERY high in your case. The bike is 11 year old, if its well maintained, 20k is the Max you should offer.

P.S. Just a small suggestion. Stay away from decade old pulsars. Go for the Japanese brands.
I was actually considering seeing Other Yamaha Bikes as well. Pulsars are a fad for me and I've long been a Pulsar Boy - I owned an NS from 2014-19 and It was bar none the best Bike I ever owned. I went for an X-blade because it was a Honda and it gave better FE than My NS for office commute. But in the long run, it was extremely flimsy and was not comfortable for pillions. Surprisingly, the NS had better Pillion comfort.

Any suggestions on Japense bikes I can go for apart from an FZ? I've also been looking at Yamaha SZ's and Honda Unicorns. I also saw a few P180's from 2012-13 going for about 16-19,000. I also was looking into the "Beast" version Apache RTR's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks