Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 16:36   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civic Rear Ended!

@mdsaab - Congrats. Car looks new and its a job well done by Honda guys.

What is that STP bottle used for mainly? And is that Rajnikant's picture on the bottle.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 16:40   #62
Senior - BHPian

@mdsaab, you should be one calm guy today that you got your Chiccs back.

Work is quite decent and she looks perfectly fine.

One question - normally those replaced things are taken by the insurance guys. How come they gave it back to you?
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 16:49   #63
BHPian

@mdsaab: Phew!!!! peace at last. Family member returns home

OT: Was it raining when you took chicca home? From the pictures, I could see droplets of water. Chicca looked like a fresh flower in the morning dew.
adg_andy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 16:55   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

The finish at the boot lid and left quaterpanel is uneven. Also, I see lot of 'putty' on the hidden part of left quarterpanel Pic No: 13 - IMG_0297.JPG, or is it the pics?.

With the kind of traffic we have today, you can keep the other tail lamp as spare.

Last edited by dhanushs : 13th June 2011 at 16:56.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 17:07   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hi mdsaab,
And so finally Chicca comes home. Thank God and congratulations. The boot lid, tail lamps etc look very nice indeed.

Though some portion/s of the work - near the left side upper portion where the lid rests - looks a little unfinished or slightly unsmoothened. May be you would like to raise it with the HASS chaps.
Over a period of time such portions start rusting if left unattended.

But all in all a grand welcome home !

We missed you on Saturday evening at Sunny-d-D.

And thanks for that S.o.G snap.
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 17:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Mdsaab, isnt that a sight for sore eyes! Good to know that the car is back and how!
Even i would like to point out, what @Guderian has pointed. Get that part checked with HASS again. With wear and tear, that part would rust in the future.

All said and done- You must be a happy man now!
Drive safe, and be safe!

P.S: The sticker offer is still valid. Especially after the Sunny meet. Thanks to Rehaan, I have a few extra stickers now .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2011, 20:28   #67
dot
Senior - BHPian

It was really good to see Chicca in prime condition on Saturday evening. Glad the the ordeal is over. And after all this, the man didnt forget to bring the new left wiper for Scorponok, what a guy.

Last edited by dot : 13th June 2011 at 20:30.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 16:28   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
I wish we all had fathers like yours !

Great to know your car is back with you. What are you planning to do with the parts taken out?
Tell me about it.
So here's the deal.
If someone needs help getting a better deal at the Showroom ~ Talk to me.
If someone needs help getting things sorted out at the workshop ~ Speak to my Dad.

The damaged parts will be sold off to scrap. I don't know what else to do with them. any ideas anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Great!!!
Chicca with renewed vigour looks smashingly hot.
Nice job by Deccan Honda, perfect finish.
The panel gaps from the pics look even and consistant.
Wish you the very best and many more trouble free miles.
Thanks buddy! I really was impressed myself with the finish.
BTW i checked out your white beauty, immaculate. Shall speak to you about her more soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@mdsaab - Congrats. Car looks new and its a job well done by Honda guys.

What is that STP bottle used for mainly? And is that Rajnikant's picture on the bottle.
LOL! No it's not Rajnikant, but hey close enough.
It's some sort of paint protectant that shines too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
@mdsaab, you should be one calm guy today that you got your Chiccs back.

Work is quite decent and she looks perfectly fine.

One question - normally those replaced things are taken by the insurance guys. How come they gave it back to you?
I sure am!
I actually wanted it that way too, but according to the ASA. My policy says i have to take the salvaged parts compulsorily and even pay 10% for them. But on second thought, he probably wanted it that way, insurance claim being the money making racket that it so clearly is today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
@mdsaab: Phew!!!! peace at last. Family member returns home

OT: Was it raining when you took chicca home? From the pictures, I could see droplets of water. Chicca looked like a fresh flower in the morning dew.
You bet, i had a horrible headache while driving back home. We even had dinner plans with some folks. Which my wife promptly cancelled, handed me a blanket, switched on the AC and said Sweet dreams. No it was not the mega meet dinner. And yes i was actually so relieved that i didn't eat any dinner that night.
Yes it was raining, and i loved the OT part if your post. A fresh flower in the morning dew indeed. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
The finish at the boot lid and left quaterpanel is uneven. Also, I see lot of 'putty' on the hidden part of left quarterpanel Pic No: 13 - IMG_0297.JPG, or is it the pics?.

With the kind of traffic we have today, you can keep the other tail lamp as spare.
now that you mention it, as well as @Guderian and @Swanand Inamdar. Here is what i am going to do, especially since i ain't an expert on such things. I will post 2 pics, of both the left and right quarter panel and if you folks think it looks fishy then i will drive off to Honda to get it sorted.
Yes those tail lights are going to be kept as spare, but i sincerely hope that i would never have to use them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
Hi mdsaab,
And so finally Chicca comes home. Thank God and congratulations. The boot lid, tail lamps etc look very nice indeed.

Though some portion/s of the work - near the left side upper portion where the lid rests - looks a little unfinished or slightly unsmoothened. May be you would like to raise it with the HASS chaps.
Over a period of time such portions start rusting if left unattended.

But all in all a grand welcome home !

We missed you on Saturday evening at Sunny-d-D.

And thanks for that S.o.G snap.
Thanks @Guderian.
as mentioned above i am going to post pics of both quarter panel for your perusal and what appreciate your valuable comments on the same.
I really would have loved to be present at the mega meet. at the next one promise. Till then, we shall have our own little meets to enjoy.
I knew you would like it, it let us all have a hearty laugh and reduce the tension floating in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Mdsaab, isnt that a sight for sore eyes! Good to know that the car is back and how!
Even i would like to point out, what @Guderian has pointed. Get that part checked with HASS again. With wear and tear, that part would rust in the future.

All said and done- You must be a happy man now!
Drive safe, and be safe!

P.S: The sticker offer is still valid. Especially after the Sunny meet. Thanks to Rehaan, I have a few extra stickers now .
thanks @Swanand Inamdar It sure is a sight for sore eyes.
After the comparo pic and your valuable feedback. If indeed it is an issue. I will be off to Honda to get it fixed.

I am ready for your generous offer, and you can chalk me up for the same stickers on the ol' bootlid.
1 X LTD
1 X Drive Safe
Thanks once again, look forward to meeting up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
It was really good to see Chicca in prime condition on Saturday evening. Glad the the ordeal is over. And after all this, the man didnt forget to bring the new left wiper for Scorponok, what a guy.
With the way it was raining Saturday. I am glad that i picked up the left wiper for Scorpo. Especially since you were heading on the expressway for the mega meet. Hey that's what friends are for, right?

So now we not only have to meet up for Scorpo TD.
You need to check out the left QP of Chicca and comment too.
So let's plan it for sometime soon.

Last edited by mdsaab : 14th June 2011 at 16:31.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Oh no! I was thinking that your 10% salvation charges were waived if you handled the replaced parts. Now I am totally confused as to why is that charge there if you have to even dispose the scrap?

I had a claim on my esteem with a nationalized insurer. I do not remember any such stuffs then (2006). Car was around 3+years then.

I need to update myself now with all fine prints of my current insurances.
Old 14th June 2011, 18:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post

The damaged parts will be sold off to scrap. I don't know what else to do with them. any ideas anyone?
OT: Some ideas for the boot lid:
- The shape lends itself to be recycled as a floor settee. Turn it upside down and throw a few cushions. A floor settee with a tall back rest.

- Fully repair it and keep it ready for future eventualities.

- As a security equipment. At nights use it to block your main door.

- Get a nifty stand, cushions and few chain links, drill at appropriate places - hook up with links and voila - a living room Jhoola !

- Paint fancy hippie designs on it using paint cans and place it in the corner of the living room as an avant garde object d'art.

- Take it to a foundry, melt it and...oh forget it.....!
Guderian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 20:29   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Instead of taking it to a scrap dealer who will only give you the price of the 'weight' of the metal, take it to a used parts dealer. Considering the damage, you might get a decent price for the bootlid and bumper. Keep the tail light.. though, lets hope you never use it again.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 23:55   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Instead of taking it to a scrap dealer who will only give you the price of the 'weight' of the metal, take it to a used parts dealer. Considering the damage, you might get a decent price for the bootlid and bumper. Keep the tail light.. though, lets hope you never use it again.
I will definately consider this too. Get some moolah back in the pocket, if you know what i mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
OT: Some ideas for the boot lid:
- The shape lends itself to be recycled as a floor settee. Turn it upside down and throw a few cushions. A floor settee with a tall back rest.

- Fully repair it and keep it ready for future eventualities.

- As a security equipment. At nights use it to block your main door.

- Get a nifty stand, cushions and few chain links, drill at appropriate places - hook up with links and voila - a living room Jhoola !

- Paint fancy hippie designs on it using paint cans and place it in the corner of the living room as an avant garde object d'art.

- Take it to a foundry, melt it and...oh forget it.....!
@Guderian ~ my wife is gonna love your ideas, she likes to put old things to good use, refurbishing them and giving them a new look. (Yes it's possible with this post of mine too, but please let it slide this time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Oh no! I was thinking that your 10% salvation charges were waived if you handled the replaced parts. Now I am totally confused as to why is that charge there if you have to even dispose the scrap?

I had a claim on my esteem with a nationalized insurer. I do not remember any such stuffs then (2006). Car was around 3+years then.

I need to update myself now with all fine prints of my current insurances.
Tell me about it, i have to pay 10% and take the stuff home too. But the option is mine. I can just leave it there and they will do whatever they need to with it. But i would still have to pay 10% and since i have a tempo at my disposal, might as well bring the damaged parts home. Some great ideas floating around here. @dhanushs with his brilliant monetary advice and ofcourse @Guderian with his creative advice. Will keep you guys posted on what happens to the old parts.
Old 17th June 2011, 07:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

~Small Update~

Sorry Team for not being able to post the rear QP pics as yet.
Will post them today or latest by tomorrow at all costs.

One thing which i wanted to share is the feel of the new bootlid.
It feels a lot lighter than the older one. I have a feeling that Honda has reduced their quality just a wee bit.
To a new car buyer it isn't to obvious, but if you have touched and felt an older pre-facelift Civic then you can make out the subtle differences. Such as the doorpads. the three chrome buttons for selecting AM FM etc are no longer of chrome finish.

What i feel is that when Honda adds a few features it takes some others away.

Like the facelift model, got cruise control, USB port etc.
But lost out on a 6 CD changer, Spare wheel is no longer alloy. etc

Why Honda had to skimp on things which were present in the pre-facelift model is really beyond me.
In an age where Manufacturers are adding more and more features to their cars, it is rather strange that Honda adds a few but then takes some away at the same time too.
Old 17th June 2011, 15:12   #74
Senior - BHPian

Seems like an attempt to keep costs under check. Honda are no longer 'snob value', as I read it elsewhere, and have to now differentiate themselves to survive in the market. These measures, a lighter bootlid or missing chrome or a non-alloy spare wheel, probably indicate where Honda is trying to save money and retain margins.
Old 17th June 2011, 16:06   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey mash, great to know Chicca is back where she belongs! The pics seem to indicate Honda has done a great job. All said and done, 20K is not bad. Hope Mrs. D has recovered fully now.

BTW, can I borrow your Dad when I take my car to the shop?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks