Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2011, 16:40   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Civic Rear Ended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
thanks @Swanand Inamdar It sure is a sight for sore eyes.
After the comparo pic and your valuable feedback. If indeed it is an issue. I will be off to Honda to get it fixed.

I am ready for your generous offer, and you can chalk me up for the same stickers on the ol' bootlid.
1 X LTD
1 X Drive Safe
Thanks once again, look forward to meeting up soon.
Mdsaab: Sorry for the late reply. You are most welcome to take the stickers. Whenever we meet next (not IF We Meet!), remind me of the same. The sticker set is always in my car!

Also, do update us on the rear QP part.

@Noop: Congrats on the 1,000th post man! Senior BHPian and all .
Old 17th June 2011, 16:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Mdsaab: Sorry for the late reply. You are most welcome to take the stickers. Whenever we meet next (not IF We Meet!), remind me of the same. The sticker set is always in my car!

Also, do update us on the rear QP part.

@Noop: Congrats on the 1,000th post man! Senior BHPian and all .
mdsaab; Congrats on bringing Chicca back home. She looks splendid, wish you many a safe mile together!
I have some stickers too except the LTD one; feel free to take any that Swanand doesnt have/ has already used

Noop; congrats again, party?
Old 18th June 2011, 09:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

~UPDATE~

Went down to Honda yesterday within the 8 day period to collect the damaged parts.
Was a simple job, took the Tempo down to Honda, a quick call to the friendly SA and he made sure everything was ready as soon as we arrived,

Now here is the NDTV type breaking news. The LTD sticker was flicked. only the Drive Safe sticker was intact. Actually if you come to think of it i did spot a Nano which had a pimpri number plate, with a LTD sticker which looked like it was flicked, i mean it definately did not look like a fresh sticker. I can't say for sure though. But what is done is done.

Civic Rear Ended!-img2011061700066.jpg

Civic Rear Ended!-img2011061700067.jpg

Civic Rear Ended!-img2011061700069.jpg

Can't believe it but i actually forgot my camera. so here are a few snaps that were clicked from my phone.
and to top it all i have not clicked one of the missing LTD sticker. God knows whats up with me, very unlike me to miss out on such things. maybe i do need some rest as @noopster and some of other friends suggest.

So i am sorry once again, will click of the missing sticker as well as the left and right QP today itself no ifs and buts.

@honeybee ~ tell me about it. Not a move you expect from Honda, i mean we do pay a premium for their products you know.

@noopster ~ Senior Saab, first of all congratulations and thanks for stopping by. Mrs D is much better thank you. Sure you can ask my Dad the next time you go to the shop, he always was active in Social Service. But ever since he retired 2 years ago his is into Social Service Big Time! So i am sure he would be glad to help.

@Swanand Inamdar ~ Sure will remind you when we meet next, and thanks for the generous offer. And i promise to click and post those QP snaps today itself. would really appreciate your views on the same. Look forward to meeting up sometime soon.

@selfdrive ~ Thanks for your wishes. If i need anymore stickers, i will definately take you up on your generous offer. Hope to meet up with you sometime soon too.

Back to the man in the spot light ~ @Noopster.

^UPDATE^

I have booked a table for around 30 odd, extendable ofcourse. at a nice swanky suburban joint. Do come along @noospter and please don't forget your platinum credit card. Hope everyone knows where the party is this weekend. See you all there
Old 18th June 2011, 10:20   #79
Team-BHP Support

@mdsaab : I don't know why I didn't ask earlier. The new tail-lamps that you've got fixed, they are the same design as before, right?

On the recent, minor facelift that Civic had (sunroof et al), the tail-lamps' design was changed to a slightly trapezoidal layout of LEDs, isn't it? Is the shape diff. from the earlier one? For some reason, I was anticipating to see the new design since you changed the tail-lamps.

And, did you get the unevenness of the boot flush with the rear panel sorted out?
Old 18th June 2011, 21:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Libran,

point 1 - he only changed left side (it would be funny to have acircle on the right and some other mathematical shape on the left )

point 2 - they are not directly replaceable.
Old 18th June 2011, 23:48   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
Libran,

point 1 - he only changed left side (it would be funny to have acircle on the right and some other mathematical shape on the left )

point 2 - they are not directly replaceable.
Ah, I overlooked point 1.

Point 2 : Seriously? So, the minor facelift Civic has panels/tail-lights of diff. dimension? I've seen quite a few old model Wagon-Rs with new style headlights and old Altos with new prism tail-lights (not K10). Or do you mean to say, Honda will not fit the newer type on the old model (assuming both were to be replaced).

Last edited by libranof1987 : 18th June 2011 at 23:49.
Old 19th June 2011, 08:38   #82
Senior - BHPian

as @laluks correctly pointed out, since only the left side was changed, i did not consider the new type lights. and personally i prefer the older ones anyway.

But regarding point fitting them onto the pre-facelift model. I think they are of the same design and should be able to fit into the existing slot. But i could be wrong though. Will confirm the next time i am at the workshop.

Pics of both QP's to be uploaded today. I had taken my camera down but due to the poor light yesterday i did not get any good shots.

Last edited by mdsaab : 19th June 2011 at 08:48.
Old 19th June 2011, 11:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

regarding point 2, in one of the civic thread a gentleman wanted to replace with the new design, and ended up realising it was not so direct.

Finding that post in all our civic threads is almost like trying to find a needle in haystack now :-(

EDIT : found it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
@manavecplan, I called Honda Spares part folks to enquire about this. They said that the new headlamp and taillamp does not fit the older positions directly. The bumper and internal fitments needs to be replaced. So changing the headlamp and tail lamp clusters will be pretty expensive.

Last edited by laluks : 19th June 2011 at 11:07.
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 20:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

The octagonal tail lamps were part of the earlier facelift in 2009 and not the one that happened recently which included the sun-roof.

Quote:
But regarding point fitting them onto the pre-facelift model. I think they are of the same design and should be able to fit into the existing slot. But i could be wrong though. Will confirm the next time i am at the workshop.
Quote:
Libran,
It would be not exactly but something like this.

I spotted this in the Honda showroom the last time I had been there for service. Quite strange to see this on a new car.
Attached Thumbnails
Civic Rear Ended!-18122010483.jpg  

Civic Rear Ended!-18122010482.jpg  

rr_zen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 22:18   #85
Senior - BHPian

@rr_zen, Hilarious .
Answers many questions though
Old 20th June 2011, 07:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rr_zen, Hilarious .
Answers many questions though
Yeah you are absolutely right. This is the proof of the pudding !
Old 20th June 2011, 09:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Actually i quite like the combination of the right side tail lights.
Although i needed to change both on the left, so it would have looked weird.
So i guess it is possible to change the inner one at least or is it the outer one? confusing!
Old 20th June 2011, 13:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Team
Here are the pics of both left and right QP for comparison purposes.
Please give me your views, suggestions, inputs on whether i need to go back to Honda for the same.

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0301.jpg
Left

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0302.jpg
Left

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0303.jpg
Left

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0304.jpg
Right

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0305.jpg
Right

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0306.jpg
Left, did not remove the twig so you can see the gap difference

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0307.jpg
Right

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0308.jpg
Left

Civic Rear Ended!-img_0309.jpg
Right

Hey that sounded like a boxing match what with the left left right right.

Thanks once again.
Drive Safe!
Old 20th June 2011, 13:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team
Here are the pics of both left and right QP for comparison purposes.
Please give me your views, suggestions, inputs on whether i need to go back to Honda for the same.
Hey that sounded like a boxing match what with the left left right right.
Short & quick answer: yes you should go back to them about this
Objective: Try and get it fixed. If not, at least inform them about this concern you have/ QC issues

Boxing match? yes, if you mentioned right hook, etc. Just dont go for the sucker punch (expected answer: Saar, its normal!)
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 14:04   #90
BANNED

I forgot to mention one thing. One tempo wallah reversed into the rear bumper when my car was brand new (one day old). I was despondent it was really pushed in on one side. My mechanics (lab variety) were able to just push it out in about five minutes The material is pretty resilient.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks