Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2015, 13:42   #916
Senior - BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Zoom used to have reverse parking sensors in their cars a year or so back, besides providing some cheap phone or tab of their own as a navigation aid.

Now I can use my own phone, but I'm afraid I am sort of spoiled by how easy and convenient reverse parking sensors make it to back your car into in narrow parking spaces. I wish they'd reintroduce at least that, other accessories are optional.

The other thing is that their phone cables are antiquated - the multi pin cable they have supports nokia, android and the older iphones (30 pin connector, not the thunderbolt required for newer models). So it'd be ideal to carry your own phone cable, and possibly also a windshield phone mount, which too they don't provide, when you rent a zoomcar.
Old 11th December 2015, 15:27   #917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
...yellow on black reg plates....
The Figo I got was a yellow plate with black letters, like any normal taxi and camouflaged in the hordes of taxis headed to Agra on that day 😊. But yes, someone please post where is the tax counter on YEW to Agra?

-BJ
Old 11th December 2015, 16:08   #918
BHPian

Why would there be a tax counter on YEW. It starts in UP and terminates in UP . Just wondering ?
Old 11th December 2015, 21:21   #919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Why would there be a tax counter on YEW. It starts in UP and terminates in UP...
Do not be nitpicking... I meant between Delhi and Agra via YEW :-)

-BJ
Old 12th December 2015, 10:54   #920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Do not be nitpicking... I meant between Delhi and Agra via YEW :-)

-BJ
I believe you can even pay it online. Anyone tried that yet?

https://vahan.up.nic.in/upcheckpost/
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 20:25   #921
BHPian

Hello team,

I have booked a Scorpio from ZoomCar for the weekend , will be traveling to Chiplun from Pune and back. Just wanted to ask how clean are the cars, and whats the variant provided. Is there ICE in the car?

And any precautionary measures I should follow while taking delivery and also returning the car.
Old 14th December 2015, 21:38   #922
BHPian

Seems like zoom now offers drop pick up ? Has anyone tried ?Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-image.jpeg
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 13:28   #923
BHPian

Zoom cars in Chandigarh

I got this message today from Zoomcars:

Spread the Joy of Self Drive in Chandigarh!

Dear Zoomcar Member,

We are soon going to start operating in Chandigarh, India's most planned city and gateway to the Himalayas!

We're counting on you to spread this exciting news and invite your friends in the beautiful city to Zoom! Refer them by sharing your unique link (provided below) and they will get Rs 300 driving credits on signing up. Good deeds are always rewarded and we will award you the same Rs 300 in credits once they complete their first booking.

We can't wait to see self-drivers plying the streets of Chandigarh very soon. Happy Zooming!

Best,
Zoomcar Team

Last edited by tsk1979 : 15th December 2015 at 14:21. Reason: Please do not share referral codes
Old 15th December 2015, 14:26   #924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaandBaaz View Post
Hello team,

I have booked a Scorpio from ZoomCar for the weekend , will be traveling to Chiplun from Pune and back. Just wanted to ask how clean are the cars, and whats the variant provided. Is there ICE in the car?

And any precautionary measures I should follow while taking delivery and also returning the car.
There usually is a stereo - but the vehicles are the basic model so unless the model has bluetooth etc features don't expect it. They usually have aux in and will supply an aux cable that you can use to plug in your device's audio jack.

Precautions are straightforward enough - do a full walkthrough of the vehicle and inspect it for scratches, damage etc besides dirty exterior / interior conditions. Pay attention to that when the zoomcar rep walks you through the process (or when you use the app to do the walkthrough), don't rush. Also try the accelerator / brake / clutch to ensure that they work for you, seat is adjusted to your height etc, before you drive off.

During the journey keep track of any scratches you incur, and any diesel that you fill, or taxes that you pay (diesel and any annual road tax such as AP tax are reimbursed by zoomcar).
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2015, 17:31   #925
BHPian

I have a trip planned from Bangalore airport around end of Jan. How are the zoomcars in Bangalore? Anyone used their airport services? Will book one if the general feedback is positive.
Old 15th December 2015, 17:53   #926
Senior - BHPian

I routinely hire a figo or swift at blr airport (or if I come in by train, mantri square mall at malleshwaram, 5 minutes from the city railway station), drive it to my destination and back for day trips.

Reasonably new vehicles, but book well in advance as the airport zoomcar tends to sell out quite fast.

Beats taking uber at surge pricing hollow, if you can conquer an allergy to bangalore traffic, and don't mind budgeting double what google maps claims for your journey to your destination and back.
Old 16th December 2015, 09:35   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
I have a trip planned from Bangalore airport around end of Jan. How are the zoomcars in Bangalore? Anyone used their airport services? Will book one if the general feedback is positive.
I booked a Ford Ecosport with them last month. They will pick you up at the airport (pickup counter #2) in the allotted vehicle itself, drive you to their location, and then hand over the vehicle to you after the necessary formalities. Both pickup and return went smoothly for me. The vehicle provided had 27K on the odo, was acceptably clean, but the stepney had a small sidewall bulge. Thankfully, I didn't have to use it.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2015, 17:20   #928
BHPian

Booked an Amaze from 12th till today with 1600 free kms. Dropped off the car this morning & the refundable deposit has been refunded.

Pick up process - 5/5
Pick up process was effortless. Unlocked it using the app, filled the check list, inspected the damages, took pics of the damages and zoomed away. There was a zoomcar personnel who assisted me & dusted the car inside out before I drove off.

Car - 4.5/5
The car had so many scratches & dents.
It sounded like a lorry when I cranked it up for the first time. The Zoomcar guy told me that this particular vehicle didn't belong to this particular location (Nelson Manickam road) and that he had driven it all the way from Bangalore the previous night cos the Amaze in NM road branch met with an accident & was being serviced. Good move by Zoomcar , instead of cancelling my booking or asking me to pick the car up from another location, they brought down a car from Bangalore!
The car had 50k on the Odo, it sounded like a lorry but it was mechanically good. AC was bone chilling & the performance was AMAZING with 4 people on board with luggage & AC on at all times. The engine was punchy from 3rd gear on the highways, 100bhp in a car so light is no joke! Was in a constant fear of driving an unknown car in remote areas in Kerala but, a part of me trusted the Japanese reliability blindly and it never let me down Japanese FTW!

Drop off process: 5/5

Drop off was very easy too. Just had to park the car at the drop off point & hand over the fuel bills along with the keys before filling in the check list.

Refund: 5/5
I received the refundable deposit in 5 hours. I rang up zoom & asked about the fuel refund , they told it was a manual process and will get refunded by tomorrow!

The alarm inside the car went off when I touched 120 on the speedo(GPS reading was 112kmph) but , I wasn't fined for that!

I can easily say I bonded big time with the Amaze! 1500kms, 3 days & 3 states! easily the best weekend of this year! Zoomcar FTW

Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-1450266593960.jpg

Last edited by saadat1992 : 16th December 2015 at 17:22.
Old 17th December 2015, 11:36   #929
BHPian

I took the Merc GLA for a quick trip to Mysore yesterday. Pickup spot was close to my home and the experience was smooth, checked the car and was on my way in 10 mins.
Car was in a mostly good condition given that it had run 46000kms. Only issue was the TPMS (tyre sensors) was not working and a warning was popping up periodically in the console.
Had a great drive through the Kunigal-Bellur cross-Nagamangala-Srirangapatna route. Fully worth the 7k spent for the rent + extra kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-img_20151216_073557.jpg  

Last edited by nma83 : 17th December 2015 at 11:38. Reason: pic
Old 22nd December 2015, 15:58   #930
Senior - BHPian

My first experience with Zoomcar has turned out to be sour.
Booked a Scorpio on Dec 9th 2015 from 24-12-15 :1600hrs to 26-12-15:1000hrs, without any coupon or discount.
Booking was confirmed instantly.
Based on it I did hotel booking at my destination place.

Today, almost at the last moment I get a call from ZOOMCAR saying that there are no cars available and your booking will be cancelled.
I asked them to arrange for an alternative car, they say none available.
CCE kept on saying some of the cars have broken down and we will not be able to help you.
We are 6 pepole, so booked scorpio.
Booking has been cancelled by them
Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India-zoomcar.jpg

What kind of service is this ?

Checked other self drive car services (most of them are booked fully carsonrent, myles,justride etc)

Zoom, you just lost it. I'll never ever use your services.
Good bye
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks