Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2015, 19:44   #571
BHPian

re: Zoom Car Reviews - Self Drive Rentals in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_the_virus View Post
Where did you pick it up from? The one I got for Brigade Metropolis last month was in spotless condition!
I got one from brigade millennium. Also noticed the cla is now available

Last edited by Caramba : 31st May 2015 at 19:44. Reason: Spelling
Old 1st June 2015, 07:35   #572
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
Finished my Zoomcar drive yesterday. It was very good. I picked up the EcoSport in Gachibowli Nissan.
Good to read the first hand experience. I have a doubt here. I have seen many Zoom cars which are KA registered around Gachibowli and Hitec city area. Did ZOOM cars Hyderabad aquire new vehicles or are they using cars which are registered elsewhere?
Old 1st June 2015, 09:25   #573
BHPian

Re: Zoom Car: Self Drive rentals in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Gurgaon & Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
Hi, the option is available on the booking summary page. Right under the tariff it says 'Apply Promo code.'
Thanks for the info.
Somehow missed noticing that option during the booking. So I was charged the full amount. But then after reading your post and reading on the zoomcar site that there is no cancellation charge, decided to cancel the first booking and make a fresh booking once again. This time I noticed the Promo code option and utilized it.
Was slightly worried about the refund of the first booking amount. But then in just over an hour received the mail that my booking amount has been refunded to the Citrusmoney account. That was the fastest refund for me so far.
Looking forward to experiencing the cheetah over a long drive.
Old 1st June 2015, 09:46   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Did ZOOM cars Hyderabad aquire new vehicles or are they using cars which are registered elsewhere?
Yes, all KA vehicles with NOC certificates. In the glove box, along with the usual registration and insurance, I found the permits for Telangana. Unable to recall the name of that form.

The vehicle I drove had just done 9600 kms. Very new cars.
SyncNest is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 10:57   #575
BHPian

Good to see Zoom cars come to Hyderabad

My wish list would be to have them start their hub/centre at the airport as well as the secunderabad railway station(platform 10 has ample space)

Also would be best if they introduce a flexi drop model (rather than coming back to the pick up point )
Old 7th June 2015, 00:04   #576
BHPian

First ZoomCar experience:

Booked a Figo for 5 hours. Later saw that another figo was available 3 hours before that. Called up the CC, got to speak to the executive without having to wait and the booking was rescheduled in 20 seconds. Half an hour prior to the pick up time, get a message saying the car (with reg no) is available and SMS unlock instructions. Go up to the site and it's empty. I thought maybe it would reach the site only at the pickup time and waited. A couple of mins to the (Re)scheduled pick up time and no signs of the car. Called the CC, once again, reached the person from the IVRS without any wait and told him the car hasn't arrived yet. Was told the car must've gone to tank up and was asked to wait for a couple of minutes.

Waited for 5 minutes and still no signs of the car. Called the CC again. Had to listen to some painful sounds while waiting for a person to pick up after the IVRS. He gave me the phone number of the person in charge at the site. Called him and he said the car had gone to service and won't be available for another couple of hours. Asked me to call CC and arrange another car. Took another 5 minutes to reach a human voice and the lady said she'd call back in 5 minutes and hung up. Wasn't sure how that was possible as I hadn't given my booking ID or phone number. Another 5 minutes, same lady picked up and started giving my booking ID and before I could complete, she cut me off asking what the issue was and I said the car is unavailable. Once again she hung up saying will get a call back in 5. Thought they might have a caller ID and decided to wait. Another 10 minutes and no signs of a call. Took yet another 5 minutes to reach a human voice on the CC. Thankfully a different person this time, a guy. Mentioned the issue and the guy then asked me for the booking ID/phone number. I asked him to use the same that the caller ID shows and he said they don't have a caller ID. I gave him the number and he guaranteed a call back in 5 minutes and apologized on behalf of the lady who picked up the call the last couple of times.

No call back for another 5 minutes and it took an eternity to talk to a human on the CC. Insisted him not to hang up the call and do it parallel while I'm listening. He said they don't have a facility to do that. After some heated arguments, he agreed to call some other field agent using his personal phone. He put my call on hold though and had to listen to another painful sound track. He then resumes and says that they've arranged for a car from a nearby site. A couple of minutes later an XUV pulls up to the site and a ZoomCar representative was driving it. Thought they could get only an XUV instead of a Figo and was delighted but he stepped out and repeated what the CC guy had said; another Figo was on the way.

10 minutes and a heavily dented and bruised Figo arrived (not deep dents, but a number of small dents). Different registration from the one that was alloted to me. Asked about the checklist and he said it's not available as the particular car was still not alloted to me. Asked him for a physical checklist and he said he knows all the stuff and he'd be present at the site when I get back and that there's nothing to worry. He also joked that unless I've a headon collision with someone/something, i don't have to worry about anything. It's already due for a large repair and any minor/medium dents will be forgiven.
Already an hour late, I was frustrated and decided to take the car without the checklist. The car was horrible to drive too. Tight gears, unaligned wheels and a funnily squeaking horn. Odometer read almost 18k.

I got back in 5 hours without any extra dents and any extra km from the alloted. The guy who brought the car and 'knew every inch of the car' wasn't present. The guy who teased me with the XUV was present though. Asked him for the checklist and he said according to the system, the car has still not been alloted to me. Asked me if I had hit anything/anyone and I said no. He said I had nothing to worry then. 3 days now and still waiting for the caution deposit refund. How much time does it take? (I haven't signed up with citrus)

Last edited by ampere : 7th June 2015 at 00:11. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 7th June 2015, 03:22   #577
BHPian

Re: Tata Nano AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
(Check out http://www.zoomcar.com/ - for under a thousand rupees for 4 hours, this is anyday better than spending that same amount in an upmarket eatout.
Thanks for that link zoomcar.com . It is very similar to Zipcar.com that we have here in the US. Even the site layout is similar including the background color. Guess, it was inspired by zipcar.com. That word - inspired - most often used by Indian music composers and movie directors !! Nonetheless, it is a very good concept especially for congested urban Indian cities.

Did you have any problems using it ? And in case of an accident - do you have info as to hassle free or a big headache it is with zoomcar. Unfortunately, they dont have any Tata Nanos to rent though in Hyderabad !

Last edited by deltheking : 7th June 2015 at 03:23.
Old 7th June 2015, 08:17   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltheking View Post
Thanks for that link zoomcar.com . It is very similar to Zipcar.com that we have here in the US. Even the site layout is similar including the background color. Guess, it was inspired by zipcar.com. That word - inspired - most often used by Indian music composers and movie directors !! Nonetheless, it is a very good concept especially for congested urban Indian cities.

Did you have any problems using it ? And in case of an accident - do you have info as to hassle free or a big headache it is with zoomcar. Unfortunately, they dont have any Tata Nanos to rent though in Hyderabad !
The experience was quite pleasant at zoomcar and the car was in very good condition too.However you have to pick up and drop the vehicle back at the same point - hope it will eventually change once they get the numbers. They have a fleet of Nanos (Twist I believe)as well here in Bangalore. It will come to Hyd as well soon enough.
Here is the TBhp article : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...als-india.html
mail2sekh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2015, 10:24   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The biggest advantage of zipcar in US is that you can leave it in any of their assigned parking spots. However, in case of zoomcar, you have to return it to the same outlet you rented it from. That makes zoomcar closer to the offerings from Avis or Hertz more than zipcar.
Old 7th June 2015, 17:50   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sekh View Post
The experience was quite pleasant at zoomcar and the car was in very good condition too.However you have to pick up and drop the vehicle back at the same point -
Here is the TBhp article : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...als-india.html
Hi, Thanks for the info and teambhp link. Yes, having cars - could help the customers to basically take a long test drive and have the time to evaluate the pros and cons of a car unlike the short test drive time the dealer allows you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
The biggest advantage of zipcar in US is that you can leave it in any of their assigned parking spots. However, in case of zoomcar, you have to return it to the same outlet you rented it from. That makes zoomcar closer to the offerings from Avis or Hertz more than zipcar.
As I said above , I guess, the real advantage can be a good extended test drive if they have a car that you were planning to buy. But , even Zipcar - you have to drop it off at the same location in one of the designated multiple parking spots. They recently just last year I think allowed one way rentals. I have been a zipcar customer for along time and their customer service is really good ! But , I read somewhere that Zipcar has not made a profit till now but one day it hopes to do so - maybe that has changed !!

Having an option like Zoomcar in India could really be helpful especially if you need a car for short periods of time !

Last edited by deltheking : 7th June 2015 at 17:57.
Old 8th June 2015, 07:33   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
10 minutes and a heavily dented and bruised Figo arrived (not deep dents, but a number of small dents). How much time does it take? (I haven't signed up with citrus)
That sounds bad. Zoomcar representative offered us lift from Gachibowli Nissan till flyover after I returned the car. He was driving a Figo and honked all along the way. He terrified the bikers with his incessant, unbearable need to break free from traffic. I was sitting in the front and that brief ten minutes ride filled me with terror, my eyes glazed with potential accident scenes. After we got down, my wife and I discussed if we should report it to zoomcar. Why was he driving like that? It was our first time at zoomcar so we let it go.

I haven't received my deposit yet. Been over a week. I think it takes ten days.

Last edited by SyncNest : 8th June 2015 at 07:40.
Old 8th June 2015, 09:53   #582
BHPian

Quote:

My friends rented an ecosport and took it down for a long drive from pune where they met with a fairly bad accident. Its been a while so i cant recall the exact damage, but repair costs shouldve been close to 40k. It was a very hassle free process, only thing that happened was that the deposit was entirely deducted.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:46   #583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
My friends rented an ecosport and took it down for a long drive from pune where they met with a fairly bad accident. Its been a while so i cant recall the exact damage, but repair costs shouldve been close to 40k. It was a very hassle free process, only thing that happened was that the deposit was entirely deducted.
The maximum damage to the customer is security deposit even for a total loss.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:14   #584
BHPian

Looks like ZOOM Car is picking up and Figo seems to be a favorite car for many. Last weekend I could see 50+ New Figo lined up on Mysore road near RV College.
Old 8th June 2015, 15:17   #585
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Looks like ZOOM Car is picking up and Figo seems to be a favorite car for many. Last weekend I could see 50+ New Figo lined up on Mysore road near RV College.
Zoomcar needs to spend its funding on assets and grow the business fast

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks