Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2017, 13:58   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Should I pay this challan?

Suggest you ask the service center guys, where did they do the test drive to reproduce the issue of steering ?

If they say, it was on this ring road location you mentioned, then, in my view, you need to pay the fine since based on your request service center guys have tried to reproduce the issue and resolve.

If it was somewhere else, then, you can ask them to provide the jobcard copy with opening date and time and invoicing date and time to prove that your car was in service center and you are not liable for this fine

Last edited by gkveda : 14th June 2017 at 14:00.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 14:06   #92
Senior - BHPian

I think in all fairness, since you had mentioned that the issue occurs above 120 kmph, the only way the service center could have checked this was by driving above 120, which they have done. Tough luck, that got caught. If I were you, I would pay the fine and forget about it.

Had it been some other situation where during regular servicing this occurred, you have every right to ask the service center to pay up, since the car is in their responsibility when it is in service.

Last edited by hrman : 14th June 2017 at 14:07.
hrman is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 17:58   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
BTW: I have already reported the lack of evidence image image with the e-challan on the website.
They will agree only if your vehicle number was wrongly mentioned. The speed cams would have captured it clearly hence the challan is uploaded in their website.

One way is to discuss with them in the Facebook page. Very responsive team.

I guess its better to pay up and move on.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 18:52   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

If they say, it was on this ring road location you mentioned, then, in my view, you need to pay the fine since based on your request service center guys have tried to reproduce the issue and resolve.
e
I agree to this. If the service personnel tried to test the issue based on your complaint, then I think you are liable to pay it.

Having said the above, do not pay if they do not have a proof of violation. I think if they have a speed camera installed in that location, they should have the proof by all means. If there is no proof, then tell them that your vehicle was in the service center and show them the invoice/bill to prove that claim.
dass is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 03:21   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
BTW: I have already reported the lack of evidence image image with the e-challan on the website.
They'll get back to you on the evidence part. If they do, just pay up. Not a large sum to go running rounds of police station and eSeva!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I agree to this.
No offence to both of you.

The customer has asked for a solution regarding a problem to be checked and addressed but it is the ASC who is to be held at fault as they have no freedom to create a traffic offence. It doesn't give them the authority to do anything they wish to.

Being a small sum, no point in fighting much but this case is sheer negligence from the ASC. They should have taken due care before over speeding on the highway or search for a stretch that is safe without traffic.

What the OP should do is (if interested) pull the job card out along with gate pass details (In time and Out time when handing the car for service and when it went for TD to justify).

Quote:
If it was somewhere else, then, you can ask them to provide the jobcard copy with opening date and time and invoicing date and time to prove that your car was in service center and you are not liable for this fine
Their ASC is located on the highway just after the Military Dairy Farm road near the Bowenpally Check post. It is surrounded by showrooms of Maruti, Hyundai, Honda and the ASC of Mercedes.

Speed gun has been installed rather the guy (police) himself stands on the divider clicking images. I stay there (0.5 kms away actually).

This over speeding I think is on the highway leading to Jeedimetla Village area or Kompally. Being the highway, the test driver would have stretched the car thinking no one would catch but bad luck.

This issue can't be at the ORR. I know the maximum limit is 100 kmph but I don't think the test driver would have gone that far. IIRC distance from the service centre to ORR would be around 18 kms one way. Plus ORR comes under the Medchal and not Trimulgherry jurisdiction.

Last edited by a4anurag : 15th June 2017 at 03:26.
Old 15th June 2017, 15:58   #96
BHPian

Re: Traffic Ticket in Bangalore

Hi Team-Bhpians, need your advice on a traffic ticket. Last weekend Sunday afternoon, I was driving back to Bangalore from Chikballapur via the usual Hyd-Blr road. Somewhere before Devanahhalli (IIRC, after crossing Avati), there were traffic cops waiting with speedgun just after the down-ramp of a small flyover. They were positioned so well that you can only spot them after you have descended the down-ramp and have gained momentum. Long story short, I was caught 'over speeding' at 90 KMPH with the official limit being 80. I did not argue at all, paid up the challan of Rs.300 at once; collected the printed receipt from the cop's handheld mobile device (Blackberry?) and left as my family was waiting inside the car. Took a total of 2 minutes. Later when I reached home and inspected the receipt for details, I found that the vehicle Reg. Number is wrongly printed. Something like 'KA51-XX-1334' instead of 'KA51-XX-1234' [just an example] i.e. one number is wrong. Now my question is: Whether I need to do anything for this misprint? Can it happen that there is an outstanding speeding ticket against my car since the fine was collected against a wrong vehicle number? Or there is no record of over speeding against my car since the receipt has wrong Reg. Number?
Old 15th June 2017, 16:23   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Hi Team-Bhpians, need your advice on a traffic ticket. Last weekend Sunday afternoon, I was driving back to Bangalore from Chikballapur via the usual Hyd-Blr road. Somewhere before Devanahhalli (IIRC, after crossing Avati), there were traffic cops waiting with speedgun just after the down-ramp of a small flyover. They were positioned so well that you can only spot them after you have descended the down-ramp and have gained momentum. Long story short, I was caught 'over speeding' at 90 KMPH with the official limit being 80. I did not argue at all, paid up the challan of Rs.300 at once; collected the printed receipt from the cop's handheld mobile device (Blackberry?) and left as my family was waiting inside the car. Took a total of 2 minutes. Later when I reached home and inspected the receipt for details, I found that the vehicle Reg. Number is wrongly printed. Something like 'KA51-XX-1334' instead of 'KA51-XX-1234' [just an example] i.e. one number is wrong. Now my question is: Whether I need to do anything for this misprint? Can it happen that there is an outstanding speeding ticket against my car since the fine was collected against a wrong vehicle number? Or there is no record of over speeding against my car since the receipt has wrong Reg. Number?
Just check the below link for any outstanding fines. If not retain the receipt just in case you are caught any time and the fine shows up on their device. Then you have got the time stamp as the proof-

http://www.bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 12:33   #98
BHPian

Is there a way and more important, worth the pain to fight/complain against Spot Fine for jumping Red Signal?

I was fined today for jumping Red at Bangalore Kudlu Gate Signal. This is big junction with service road taken in account. I am pretty sure I was already ahead of line when the lights turned Amber but a U-turn vehicle in front of me slowed me and then bikers from right were already in to the junction. I had to do a full stop before found some space before a truck to move in and the cops stopped me there. They said that there is enough delay to let people cross so I have jumped Red but were not ready to take into account that 2 wheelers just barge in even before their Signal turns green.
I waited 3 turns to cross that Signal and still ended up with a fine.
Just 100 but hard to fight without any evidence from my side. They can do whatever and it's our job to justify to get clean.
Old 9th October 2017, 13:07   #99
BHPian

An incident happened to me on 6th October in JayaNagar, which made me think that Bangalore Traffic police had turned robbers. The clause they are using , what they call No HDL330/SST/2016 Dated 20th September 2016, for towing away vehicle is something that looks illegal. First question is, if there is a vehicle at a no parking zone, who gives the traffic police the authority to tow away the vehicle and leave the owner stranded on the road, without knowing where the vehicle has gone. If it is a tow away zone, that must be shown as a signage. A vehicle, even in a no parking zone , must be asked to pay the fine and not tow away.Towing away is almost similar to snatching or stealing, as the owner is at a loss on what happened to his / her vehicle.
Second question is about the fine. The receipt comes like this. Fine for wrong parking 100 Rs, Government Charges 500 Rs and Private vehicle Towing Charges 500 Rs. Total 1100 Rs. This is for a car. For Heavy vehicles, it is 1500 Rs. Why can't they fine 600, instead of government charges?
Frankly speaking, BTP had become a money making machine for the government. In the name of law, there is lawlessness.There is no clear demarcation of parking and no parking.There are no parking spaces . To end it all , illogical fines. Is there a way to bell the cat?
Old 9th October 2017, 14:49   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Total 1100 Rs. This is for a car. For Heavy vehicles, it is 1500 Rs. Why can't they fine 600, instead of government charges?
They do not seem to be consistent. May be charges differ in different areas.
When my scooter Wego was towed as I parked in a no parking in SP Road, they charged 750/-. Traffic fine was 100/- rest was towing charge. I could not get a receipt as I would have to wait for some person from police station if and when he comes so i paid and left.

Last edited by vidyanand : 9th October 2017 at 14:50. Reason: Quote
Old 9th October 2017, 18:50   #101
BHPian

Its all there on the BTP website. 4-wheeler is Rs 1100 while 2-wheeler is Rs 750.
explorer09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 19:45   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
First question is, if there is a vehicle at a no parking zone, who gives the traffic police the authority to tow away the vehicle and leave the owner stranded on the road, without knowing where the vehicle has gone. If it is a tow away zone, that must be shown as a signage. A vehicle, even in a no parking zone , must be asked to pay the fine and not tow away.
Traffic police usually only work in the territory assigned to them. 4th block police station, might be where they towed your car to. I learnt the hard way that unless there is a sign which says parking is allowed, it is a NO parking area. Experienced this in Pondy, Mumbai and Blr.
Old 28th February 2019, 17:50   #103
BHPian

Guys, can you please help me with the correct official website of Bangalore traffic police ?? I need to pay a fine of 100 bucks for stopping my car on white line. Tried about 2-3 apps but they are not working.
Old 28th February 2019, 18:57   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Guys, can you please help me with the correct official website of Bangalore traffic police ?? I need to pay a fine of 100 bucks for stopping my car on white line. Tried about 2-3 apps but they are not working.
If you have the ticket / letter, you can go to any Bangalore One center - you can pay there.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 19:38   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.karnatakaone.gov.in/Poli...VoQlNaZVV2UT09

This link?
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks