Team-BHP - Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/167422-revv-self-drive-car-rentals-doorstep-delivery-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolkurt (Post 4172528)
So I just had a few queries:

1. Can Revv cars be taken to Leh? I know self drives are banned beyond but some companies aren't allowing their cars to be taken even till Leh.

2. How are the cars? And the service, reliability?

1. No, you cant take their cars to Leh. Same applies to zoom cars as well.

2. Booked a grand i10 last week. Car was a jan 2017 registered with 10000 kms on the odo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi (Post 4172557)
1. No, you cant take their cars to Leh. Same applies to zoom cars as well.

2. Booked a grand i10 last week. Car was a jan 2017 registered with 10000 kms on the odo.

Of course I can take them to Leh. I don't think taking a self drive to Leh is a problem. It's local sightseeing that isn't allowed..and Pangong, Nubra etc. Taking the highway to Leh is allowed.

I had a very positive rental ( door step delivery ) experience with Revv this week. I needed a seven seater for a two day trip within Maharashtra . This was the first time I had tried a self drive rental car in India . I went by reviews of all the available rental car companies in Mumbai and chose Revv. The booking experience online was quite pleasant . Reserved an Innova Crysta online . Got the vehicle , a brand new 2017 registered without any follow ups , a short while after the scheduled delivery time. Everything was as per spec . I had a checklist myself and everything was ticked off . There were a few scratches and a minor panel gap issue . I had taken photos to be safe . The car had less than 5k kms on the odo. This was the first time I had driven an Innova as well . The hydraulic steering was a very pleasant surprise and the engine ( 2 litre diesel) excellent . The car is equipped with a 125 kph speed alarm that is a useful check as the Innova's stability can lull you into over speeding on empty highways. I returned after a thankfully uneventful journey . The door step return was on time ; the staff driver was polite and courteous . I got the invoice the next day . Was pleasantly surprised to note a fuel charge discount as I had topped up the tank before returning while the tank was slightly less than full at the time of delivery . The number of hours charged was accurate.
Overall Revv exceeded my expectations. And the Innova was a delightful surprise. I must mention the steering felt as good as a Skoda Laura's and not much worse than a BMW F30's !

Had booked a Revv Ford Figo Aspire today for my regular commute to office and had a fantastic experience. I had my phone in flight mode during the night and woke up close to the booking start time (8AM) to wonder why I had not got any call from them asking for directions to my place. Then realised that phone was down so the moment I turned off flight mode, I got a missed call alert. The driver had called me 10 times starting from 7AM itself and I called him back.

Car was at my house at 8AM and it would have been there earlier if I had received the call. A friendly driver arrived with a decent looking car. It had 70k kms on the odo but exterior was really spick and span with a very few scratches which is better than an average private car of similar age.

Car was mechanically good too except for a packed off suspension. It was the mid end aspire and even the interiors were in top shape except for some wear and tear on switchgear. No dirt/mud/stains anywhere. All electricals were working fine. The car drove very well too and I had a blast with so much power on tap. The tyres were in good condition too.

Compared to zoomcar, cleanliness is top notch on the inside which I loved since the Zoomcars I had earlier rented were all soiled and I hated to operate controls. Maintenance of the car too is fantastic. Didn't expect a car abused for 70k kms to be so good. The clutch was on the harder side compared to my petrol car and I am not sure if I should call it a problem.

Overall I am happy that they have Kept up standards compared to Zoomcar who have gone down terribly. They might be getting new cars now, but the same story will repeat in a year or two.

On a side note, I had a short chat with the driver and he shared the following snippets:

On weekends all cars are booked. Some cars are idle on Tue, Wed, Thu. Since they have a single hub for the entire city, I was able to get the statistics from him.

Their Audi Q3 was totalled by a customer on Magadi Road and it ended up toppled multiple times and on its roof into a ditch. The customer was overspeeding too.

Their Audi A3 was withdrawn after customers ended up damaging the underbody every single time and it was not feasible to he rented.

Was curious about these two cars since I never got a chance to book either from a long time.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491583531.681979.jpg

Revv has started its operations in Chennai. Saw their FB post yesterday. Funny part is tried to book a car but apparently their entire fleet is booked out for the next few days. :eek:

They have 7 cars on offer as of now in Chennai XUV, Scorpio, Innova, EcoSport, Grand i10, Swift Dzire and Honda City. They also have 100% Door delivery in Chennai

A new business model from Revv - why own a car when you can rent one at 30k per annum. More over, you have the flexibility to change your car 12 times a year, not sure if it comes within the package or at an extra cost. Everything else for the car

Quote:

Planning to buy a car? Just rent it for Rs 30,000 per annum from this startup

Car rentals startup Revv is planning to launch a subscription model for renting cars, a first in the industry that will allow users to rent cars for just Rs 30,000 annual subscription.

The company has prepared a war chest for a potential duel with the market leader Zoomcar in this space, a company executive told Moneycontrol.

With an annual subscription plan of Rs 30,000, Revv will provide a user with a car at their disposal 24x7 for as long as they want, at any given instance.

Revv will also allow subscribed users to change the car model up to 12 times in a year between 12 car models currently available – including Maruti Ciaz, Mahindra XUV, Hyundai i10, Honda Amaze, and Ford Ecosport.

The company will take care of the car maintenance, give roadside assistance, and annual insurance.

The aim, says Revv co-founder Anupam Agarwal, is to replace car ownership altogether.

“Private car ownership is inefficient. First, it could be lying idle most of the time. Second, even if you own a car it’s no guarantee that you will drive it to a holiday in the mountains,” he adds.

Funded with USD 9 million from investors such as Edelweiss and Mahindra Finance, the startup has increased its car fleet from 25 to 500 cars within two years of its existence.

The company is aiming to offset the leadership position of Zoomcar in next three years, which has a fleet of over 3,000 cars.

The company might include door delivery of cars with the new subscription plan.

While Revv charges a mandatory fee of Rs 300 for car home delivery and pick-up, it offers the service on all bookings, be it for an hour. On the other hand, Zoomcar’s home delivery is optional and dependent on the availability of drivers.

Solving the one-way trip problem

The company started in 2015 when ex-McKinsey executives Anupam Agarwal and Karan Jain quit their jobs to start a car rentals business.

Zoomcar already had a first...
Source

Revv's subscription model : Rent a car for Rs. 30,000 per annum...

Is being discussed in this thread

Hello members, after going through this thread and reading the positive experience of the members as compared to the Zoomcar and likes I have decided to take the plunge and go ahead with Revv for my maiden self drive booking. Have booked an Innova as we are 6 of us traveling from Bangalore to Tirupati on the second week of September. I need your help as to what and how much additional cost will I be incurring apart from the usual cost such as fuel and toll for traveling interstate. Thanks.

After a not so good experience with Myles last time, I decided to not book with them again.
Since I needed a car for a period of one week in August, I was looking at Voler, Zoom and Revv.
Voler is the cheapest of the lot, but somehow did not get the confidence to book with them. This may due to reviews on Team BHP!
Zoom website was asking for a deposit of 5K, which was a surprise for me. Also the negative reviews and the fear of getting a damaged car put me off!
Hence booked with Revv.I have booked a Swift. I selected the option of unlimited kilometers. Now hoping for a overall positive experience.:)

A friend and her husband just took a Revv self drive across the Delhi border to Punjab. They didn't know and nobody at Revv told them about the entry tax, so a Punjab cop caught up with them.

Along with the fine for no entry tax, turns out that the car didn't have original RC either

So - friend's license seized and a challan for 4500 issued.

Had another excellent experience with Revv over the last weekend. Me and a bunch of colleagues headed to Madikeri and we were seven of us. Since my last two experiences with Revv was positive, I did not look at Zoomcar, and neither did the prices look so attractive. Hence, I booked a Revv XUV. There were cheaper options 1. Ertiga, 2 - Scorpio and there was a higher option of the Innova. Was not sure if they offered the old one or the Crysta.

Since I knew that the boot space in XUV was non existent, I requested for a roof rack. They obliged but for an extra 500 bucks which I was willing to give. Along with that I also informed them that I would be going out of station and wanted a reliable vehicle.

Brief summary of the trip:Overall, I was impressed by the service yet again and except for the communication part, I feel this is better than Zoomcar since they give superb attention towards the upkeep of the vehicles and the interiors especially. Having taken different age cars from them, none had soiled interiors or stains on the seats. I heard from the driver that they have a dedicated team for interior cleaning and they clean the interior before every trip.

This is one of the advantages of having a single hub for the whole city. You will have a collective inventory, staff and lesser cost of real estate and labour. Companies like Zoomcar cant afford to keep good number of staff at their locations. Hence, they have an all in one guy at each place who has to take care of everything. This will make the booking experience totally dependent upon the onsite team. Here, it is one bunch of guys for Bangalore who can be managed better.

Revv self-drive car rentals with doorstep delivery-img_20170709_112211417.jpg

Hope this quality of service continues over time. Until next time, I am a happy customer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4232840)
Had another excellent experience with Revv over the last weekend. Hence, I booked a Revv XUV. There were cheaper options 1. Ertiga, 2 - Scorpio and there was a higher option of the Innova. Was not sure if they offered the old one or the Crysta.

Great to know about positive feedback on Revv. I too have booked my winter trip to Coastal Karnataka. And I too have booked XUV500. I am yet to book the overhead luggage rack though. Any idea how to secure it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi (Post 4172557)

Hey @Ponbaarathi,

Can you tell me which variant of Grand i10 is available in Revv fleet? Is it Era or Magna or Sportz?
I booked one for my upcoming trip, so just curious to know (although i booked it in Bangalore).

I am pretty sure they are not going to have Asta and i will be pleasantly surprised if they send Sportz. Usually self driving car rental companies have only base variants in most of their cars.
My Last booking experience with Revv was awesome when i booked EcoSport. Of course they gave me base variant but the car was new with just 4K on ODO. No complaints at all. Their customer service is far superior.

-Ravi

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravib (Post 4256299)
Hey @Ponbaarathi,

Can you tell me which variant of Grand i10 is available in Revv fleet? Is it Era or Magna or Sportz?
I booked one for my upcoming trip, so just curious to know (although i booked it in Bangalore).

-Ravi

It was a Magna variant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCR (Post 4217024)
Now hoping for a overall positive experience.:)

Had booked a Revv Swift for a period of 1 week. Must say that it was a positive experience.
The car was delivered to my location and it was clean inside out.clap:
The delivery checklist was very detailed and the executive was prompt in pointing out the scratches which were already present. The car had run 17k KMS.
Drove the car for close to 1400 KMS and no issues at all. The return was also hassle free. The executive came home and picked up the car after a thorough inspection. Safety Deposit of Rs.2000/- returned within 2 working days to my PayTM account.

Overall impressed with Revv cars and their Service