Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 11:52   #706
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

UPDATE on FASTAG FROM CHENNAI

I got my ICICI Bank Fastag this Tuesday. My account got activated yesterday.

But, I have been advised by the Fastag representative not to use my Tag until I get a confirmation from him.

It looks like there are problems with the tags (not getting recognised) at few toll booths. So, the bank has issued an Advisory yesterday.

He said he would provide an update by next week.
Old 26th March 2017, 09:43   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Used my FASTag at KIAL (BLR airport) toll. The boom barriers were all open but the system was working it seems. Surprisingly was charged only the one-way charge coming to Rs. 80. Maybe not programmed correctly?
Old 26th March 2017, 11:15   #708
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. Yesterday I drove to Bangalore; at Thoppur toll booth the attendant said my tag was not recognized and hence I need to pay cash to get the boom gate to open. I did so (and have the receipt) but later on I discovered that my tag account also has been charged (got the SMS). So how do I claim a refund? Are they prompt in doing this?
Old 26th March 2017, 11:33   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Used my FASTag at KIAL (BLR airport) toll. The boom barriers were all open but the system was working it seems. Surprisingly was charged only the one-way charge coming to Rs. 80. Maybe not programmed correctly?
Rs.40 will get deducted after 2 or 3 days. It is the same with my tag as well.
Old 26th March 2017, 12:04   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Quick question. Yesterday I drove to Bangalore; at Thoppur toll booth the attendant said my tag was not recognized and hence I need to pay cash to get the boom gate to open. I did so (and have the receipt) but later on I discovered that my tag account also has been charged (got the SMS). So how do I claim a refund? Are they prompt in doing this?
I think there is an earlier post in the same thread where a member tried contacting the toll free number and also logged a complaint online. Last I heard, he'd not heard anything.

Having said that I'd raise the complaint anyway.

As an aside, I too drove to Coimbatore and back to Bangalore this weekend. On both instances, the Thoppur Fastag lane was claimed to be not working or they were allowing all and sundry in. I asked if they have a handheld scanner on both occasions and was told no on both. The rest of the booths were a breeze and chopped off at least 30 minutes in total from the travel time each way.
BackInTheFold is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 13:02   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Having said that I'd raise the complaint anyway.
Thanks. I was in the Tag Account Summary page (and not the Account Summary page) which was why I was unable to see the complaints page. I have raised a complaint now with a photo of the toll receipt for which I paid cash. Let us see. :-)

My past experience with ICICI Bank is that they wouldn't bother at all.
Old 26th March 2017, 19:38   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IIRC, if you have FASTag and system is not able to read it correctly, they should let you go without charging. I think it is also mentioned in ICICI FASTag website. I don't think we have to pay in order to open the barrier.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 20:13   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
IIRC, if you have FASTag and system is not able to read it correctly, they should let you go without charging. I think it is also mentioned in ICICI FASTag website. I don't think we have to pay in order to open the barrier.
Didn't know this. Thanks. Need official confirmation though (which I will check). Tough to argue with the toll booth staff without the necessary documentary backing while an 18-wheeler is screaming behind you. :-)
Old 26th March 2017, 20:53   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
I think there is an earlier post in the same thread where a member tried contacting the toll free number and also logged a complaint online. Last I heard, he'd not heard anything.
I faced this issue in Jan at Paliyekkara Toll plaza. Raising complaints, calling them, nothing has worked till date. All the customer care executive would say as well as update in the complaint is "we have escalated it but have not got any response yet".
One customer care chap was super confident that the issue would be resolved and money refunded the same day
Its been almost 4 months with no resolution.
john.gt is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 22:03   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

-Ravi
Quote:
Didn't know this. Thanks. Need official confirmation though (which I will check). Tough to argue with the toll booth staff without the necessary documentary backing while an 18-wheeler is screaming behind you. :-)
https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-B...stag-faqs.page

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 23:01   #716
Senior - BHPian

Thanks. It seems it got changed over sometime as i didn't read through latest FAQs in recent months. I received the first FASTag in Bangalore way back in Sep 2015 when many people didn't knew what it was, as the project was in pilot phase in south india. That time I remember reading it that if the toll booth cannot deduct money from FASTag vehicle for any reason, they should let go without charging. Looks like some misuse happened and the rule is changed now.

Thanks for the update @arun_josie

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 26th March 2017 at 23:04.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 16:56   #717
BHPian

From where/how do I get the customer id required to register on the ICICI FASTTag portal?
I had got my FASTTag sticker few months back; I seem to have deleted all relevant SMS I might have got along with that. Was it there in any of those messages?
Old 27th March 2017, 17:12   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
From where/how do I get the customer id required to register on the ICICI FASTTag portal?
I had got my FASTTag sticker few months back; I seem to have deleted all relevant SMS I might have got along with that. Was it there in any of those messages?
You get a Text as soon as the FASTag guy creates an account for you for the Tag.

That text has the Customer ID. I don't recollect anywhere else where I have seen the Customer ID, not on either sides of the FASTag sticker.

May be calling customer support should help and they might send you the Customer ID over SMS after few verification questions.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 18:02   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubbi View Post
I never got any SMS from ICICI when account was created, called the customer care and they ask a few questions like car number , ID number and other details. Post the verification they will give the ID on call which you can use online to generate a OTP and proceed for login.

Login ID can be of your choice once setup is done.

PS: If the OTP for the login doesn't come, call ICICI again and give a airtel phone number as main number. I have had issues with my vodafone number. Once setup is done you can change the number online.
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 18:58   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
I never got any SMS from ICICI when account was created,
Interesting. Not sure if this was a one off case or system was down or something different when you get the Tag at the POS or apply from Bank.

Here is what I had received instantly as the account was created at the POS (BIAL Toll Booth) where I got my tag.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-20170327-18.54.15.png
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks