Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2017, 23:47   #781
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Based on my experience, even Fastag (passive type) works fine when we drive at 30 kmph. Even NHAI recommended speed is 25 to 30 kmph. Actual problem lies with the automated boom operation as it may wait for the response from the server. Sometimes I've driven 30kmph + at attibele, also in kodai road toll where boom is not operational, but transaction was always successful.
smnrock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 07:22   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi.
few days back, I had send them SMS to apply for FasTag, and I got call & email explaining about the formalities.
To whom?
ICICI
Axis
IDFC?
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I haven't been successful over the last four times I have used Fastag to pass without stopping. I need to stop for a few seconds only after which the gate opens. Here is how it went at Hoskote toll booth towards Bengaluru:
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=V1SmqFpGgtg
The vehicle ahead of you does not seem to have "stopped" and waited for the barrier to have lifted, seems to have only slowed down to near 0 (5/10kmph) and then gone through. I could be wrong though.
Old 17th April 2017, 12:39   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Fingers crossed now. Hope all goes well. The Axis bank fastag stories have made me a wee bit skeptical.
A big shout out to @paragsachania for sharing contact details of Srinath and other details about the procedure
Update on my previous post. I got the tag on Saturday (15th April) from Devanahalli toll plaza POS.
Today Srinath called me by 11am and my Fastag account has been created
I then created login in ICICI bank website using the Cutomer-id that I received through SMS. Updated my contact details. Loaded Rs.1000 in the CUG Wallet through credit card. Transferred the money from CUG account to my vehcile tag. All done under 10 minutes.

Happy with the experience so far. Will be pasting the tag on the windshield tonight and test it during my Bangalore-Vellore trip coming up this weekend.
Once again - a BIG thanks to @paragsachania, @audioholic and @v&v for sharing details of contact person (Mr.Srinath) at Devanahalli Toll Plaza POS.
Old 17th April 2017, 16:46   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Next, I quickly recharged for Rs.3000, and even waited for few hours, but the online balance didnt increase. Again I called the support nu, and rep was very helpful, and made me understand that I did recharge to my "CUG Account" (its like a temporary wallet), and I will now need to 'transfer' that amount to "Tag" itself, which I did and found the balance populated on my Tag. Recharge can also done directly to "Tag", by selecting that option under Recharge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Loaded Rs.1000 in the CUG Wallet through credit card. Transferred the money from CUG account to my vehcile tag. All done under 10 minutes.
I also did initial recharge under CUG Wallet, then did CUG Balance Transfer to the Tag Account. This CUG Wallet concept will be helpful for large fleet of vehicles, wherein Admin/Owner could load lumpsum money in CUG Wallet, and then transfer to individual Tag Accounts (i.e. you could have multiple Tags under a single logon profile of CUG). I see that one could even balance transfer from one Tag to another Tag.

Below is picture of Recharge, wherein you could select those options :

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag-recharge-options.jpg

regards,
pcpranav is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 16:53   #785
BHPian

Quote:
I also did initial recharge under CUG Wallet, then did CUG Balance Transfer to the Tag Account. This CUG Wallet concept will be helpful for large fleet of vehicles, wherein Admin/Owner could load lumpsum money in CUG Wallet, and then transfer to individual Tag Accounts (i.e. you could have multiple Tags under a single logon profile of CUG). I see that one could even balance transfer from one Tag to another Tag.[/ATTACH]
Ah, I did not observe the 2 options avalable in that page : "Pay to CUG Wallet" / "Pay to Tag Accounts".
Thanks for the screenshot. Next time I will recharge the tag directly instead of going through CUG route. Seems like CUG option is the default.

I did see your earlier post about transferring money from CUG to Tag...still I missed the link to charge the tag directly
Old 17th April 2017, 18:07   #786
BHPian

Finally received the tag last Thursday from ICICI bank Bommanahalli, overall turn around time right from applying for tag has been 4 working days. It has been 1 month struggle to get into fastag bandwagon and finally could get it via ICICI.

Here is the brief summary of my experience of applying for fastag via Axis and ICICI.

Initially after seeing some of the posts about Axis Bank, I went ahead and called Sudhir of Sahaj. I was asked to send the soft copy via email. Days passed, weeks passed nothing happened. Meanwhile many of you folks raised your concerns here about bad customer service touted by both Sudhir and Axis bank. I stopped following up and started exploring other options.

During one of weekend trips to Puttur, as against the report mentioned by Parag bhai I tried my luck by casually checking about the tag in Shantigrama toll office near Hassan. As expected they were clueless about the tag and I was back to square one.

Both the options of visiting ICICI bank, Bommanahalli and Devanahalli toll plaza were out of question as my work location and timings doesn`t permit to go and visit personally and most of weekends are occupied with spending time with my daughter or visiting my hometown. Out of blue my passport renewal was due and had to take a day off. After completing my work in Passport office, I straightway visited ICICI bank with supported documents on 7th April. Lady at the desk asked if I can give ICICI cheque then I could get the tag in 3-4 days time. I had brought cheque from Citi and no way I was in position to go home and bring ICICI cheque. I submitted the application with Rs 500 cheque in favour of ICICI ETC.

On 13th morning I got an SMS stating account creation and I wasted no time to create my login id and topped up the account with Rs 1000. Since I was scheduled to leave to Mangalore in the afternoon, I was adamant of getting myself tagged and planned to visit bank in the afternoon on my way home. Before leaving I called Mohan fastag representative asking about the availability of the tag. His response was affirmative and said he will deliver it to my home by 2pm. I said I will collect the tag myself as I didn`t want to have any last minute surprises. I collected the tag and fixed it myself. On a whole I was super happy with the way things unraveled and response from ICICI is miles ahead.
Except for Nice road and Nelamangala toll booth, whole journey was cashless and fastag worked flawlessly. Anyone who doesn`t want to travel all the way to Devanahalli toll plaza and are not in a hurry to get the tag can visit ICICI bank Bommanahalli and get tagged.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 17th April 2017 at 18:10.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 12:26   #787
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am trying to get the fastag since past 2 weeks within the limited time I have. I got Sudhir's number from a friend who had got the fastag from Axis bank, however Sudhir is not picking up calls since past 2 weeks. I have filled the online form on the ICICI fastag website today. Can anyone help me with the ICICI Fastag guy's contact number for Bangalore? I have searched on this thread but did not find it. Thanks in advance!
Old 18th April 2017, 13:16   #788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Can anyone help me with the ICICI Fastag guy's contact number for Bangalore? I have searched on this thread but did not find it. Thanks in advance!
You can contact Mohan-9738386180, he can guide you with the process.
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 13:20   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Can anyone help me with the ICICI Fastag guy's contact number for Bangalore? I have searched on this thread but did not find it. Thanks in advance!
You did not search correctly.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post4175637
mjumrani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 13:28   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
You can contact Mohan-9738386180, he can guide you with the process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Thanks guys for the quick revert! I read through last 10 pages and thought its only shared via PM. The number is switched off right now. Will try again in some time. Thanks again!
Old 18th April 2017, 13:59   #791
BHPian

A few updates on my recent trip to Kodai from Bangalore.

All the booths worked well, except some glitches at Thoppur and Velanchettiyur.

The Thoppur lane (towards Bangalore) had trouble detecting the tag of a Truck and the driver was trying out back and forth. A Punto was waiting to enter and I was behind it. The boom opened for the truck finally and the Punto entered and the boom was not opened. He also tried back and forth. The security guy opened the adjacent lane for me and I was getting ready to pay cash ( do i need to?) As I approach the counter, I see the boom had opened for the Punto, just as the driver got out to check out what is happening. To my surprise, the boom opened in my Lane too... I checked out with the operator and he nodded -all good. (My tag was auto-detected here) Overall, wasted some 10 mins.

At Velanchettiyur, I was behind a truck. I entered the lane, just as the truck was half way through. The display at the middle of lane had my vehicle number and the amount displayed, but the boom did not open for me. Was stuck here for another 5 mins as the operator came to 'manually' open through their PC.

So far, the Attibelle toll is the one that is flawless of all. May be they should replicate at all locations.

At most lanes the security guy restricts the entry till the boom has opened for the leading vehicle. This is good in a way, but they should remove all the speed breakers on the lane to speed things up, especially since now there are a lot of trucks tagged.

The SMS continues to be delayed by a day or two.

To conclude, on a less crowded booth (2-3 vehicles per lane), I would have spent more than double the time on Fastag lane.

Are the discounts still on? Or was it only till March 31st?
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 17:55   #792
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
This is good in a way, but they should remove all the speed breakers on the lane to speed things up, especially since now there are a lot of trucks tagged.
Downside of removing the speed breakers is that the tags are sometimes not recognized if one drives through faster.
I think the best solution is to enable Fastag at all booths of toll plazas and do away with dedicated ones. This kind of setup is also present at some toll plazas and I have mentioned the ones from my experience in earlier posts.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 19:39   #793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think the best solution is to enable Fastag at all booths of toll plazas and do away with dedicated ones. This kind of setup is also present at some toll plazas and I have mentioned the ones from my experience in earlier posts.
But this kind of setup will not be an advantage for Fastag users, right?!

In my opinion, they should increase the dedicated lanes based on the Fastag crowd and strictly stop the non Fastag users from entering those lanes by charging penalty. Based on truck traffic, they can have one lane for trucks/bigger vehicles and the second one for cars.

Another option is to make Fastag mandatory and remove the barriers, enhance their setup to detect the tag on the run(at speeds around 20-30Kmph).

Last edited by arun_josie : 18th April 2017 at 19:43.
Old 18th April 2017, 20:04   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Downside of removing the speed breakers is that the tags are sometimes not recognized if one drives through faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Another option is to make Fastag mandatory and remove the barriers, enhance their setup to detect the tag on the run(at speeds around 20-30Kmph).
Actually, the detection is pretty quick at most places, only that the actions that follow are kind of slow. Atleast the speed breakers at the exit can definitely be removed. This would reduce the waiting time for the trailing vehicle to enter the lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
But this kind of setup will not be an advantage for Fastag users, right?!
+1
Old 20th April 2017, 15:58   #795
BHPian

Hi All,
I thought of sharing my experience of using Fasttag while travelling from Bangalore to Kochi and return.
I would say that i am quite impressed and delighted by its usage and time that i saved.
The bangalore -Kochi route consists of 10 tolls and except for 1 toll (L&T bypass toll at coimbatore), all other tolls accepted FASTAG.
Out of 9 FASTAG tolls, only 1 toll(Palliyekkara at Mannuthy,thrissur) did not have a security guard manning the FASTAG lane and hence even NON FASTAG vehicles entered the lane.
One observation was that few of the FASTAG lanes did not even have boom barriers and i assumed my account wont be deducted.But they were deducted.
The advantage of using FASTAG is reaped when there are security guards manning the lanes and allows only vehicles with FASTAG to pass thru.
I read many old posts where users have complained of NON FASTTAG vehicles entering the lanes and then it becomes just like any other lane.

Before my return trip from kochi to bangalore,I made a mistake of recharging the CUG wallet instead of TAG account and hence my account was in black list status due to negative balance.
I was not aware and i passed thru the FASTAG lanes but still, i was allowed to pass.After reaching bangalore, i checked the SMS and found my account in Blacklist status.I was surprised on how it happened as i did not realize my mistake of recharging CUG wallet.
I recharged the account again and my account was removed from Black list status.Now i have transferred the amount from CUG wallet to TAG account.

Overall , very happy with FASTAG
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks