Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2017, 17:59   #1036
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
If a vehicle with fastag passes and gate opens it will be in green and another vehicle without faatag tries to pass the gate closes and the light goes red. As long as vehicles with fastag pass it will be always in green.
Yup, am aware how it works but it was set to 'permanent' green which I could see from more than 200 metres away. Net net the FASTag sensors were probably non-operational as no deduction was made either and nor did the LCD screen flash my licence plate number.
Old 30th June 2017, 18:14   #1037
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this SMS from ICICI just now -

Dear Customer, The Government of India has announced the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is likely to be effective from July 1, 2017. Please note, the existing service tax rate of 15% for ICICI Bank ETC FASTag shall be replaced by a GST rate of 18% as applicable for banking and financial services. TnC.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 18:36   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Got this SMS from ICICI just now -

Dear Customer, The Government of India has announced the implementation of Goods and Services Tax (GST), which is likely to be effective from July 1, 2017. Please note, the existing service tax rate of 15% for ICICI Bank ETC FASTag shall be replaced by a GST rate of 18% as applicable for banking and financial services. TnC.
So much for slowtag. A friend was saying that IDFC fastag allows, paytm recharge , UPI and others. ICICI still stuck with regular banking
Old 1st July 2017, 08:36   #1039
BHPian

Applied for the FASTag on 4-Jun(tuesday) and got the tag on friday morning. ICICI Agent helped a lot in getting it faster. Did an NEFT transfer of Rs.500 to make the process faster. ICICI account he gave was a Current a/c and ICICI website didnt accept to register it as ICICI account so as workaround, i have added it as other bank customer and did NEFT transfer.

Due to some SMS issues, i havent got the SMS notifications properly. But, account was created on tuesday itself. Used it for Bangalore to Coimbatore travelling yesterday evening. Enjoyed the hassle free rides in passing the toll gates.

Some observations.
BETL - All vehicles were allowed in the FASTag lane. So it took little a minute or so to cross
Attibelle toll - Same as above.
Krishnagiri toll - Tag read was done manually.

All other tolls were passed just like that and i might have saved close to half an hour in overall trip. Returning back tomorrow.

Toll amount got debited twice for Attibelle toll and i have raised the complaint. There are some errors in the entries they made for my address and email id. :( Need to raise these after reaching Bangalore.
Old 1st July 2017, 11:03   #1040
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Just back from applying for FastTag at ICICI Bommanahalli. The process was pretty smooth. They mentioned 3 days if you have ICICI account or can transfer funds online. 7 days if we give another bank cheque. Opted for the online transfer.

They have promised to deliver it at home/office by wednesday if I transfer 500/1000 Rs today.

In wait mode now.
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:20   #1041
BHPian

Just completed a Bangalore-Chennai trip. FastTag worked absolutely perfectly in all the tolls including BETL.

It automatically calculates the 24 hour period during which the toll fee for the return trip is lesser. As mentioned in another post, only at the Krishnagiri toll the reading is done manually for now.

And for those who are wondering what the CUG wallet is and which option to choose when recharging, (probably answered somewhere else in this thread) the CUG wallet is just like a PAYTM wallet used for storing cash. The cash can be instantaneously transferred to your account when it is time to use it.
Old 3rd July 2017, 14:54   #1042
BHPian

At the risk of slightly going

No doubt that FASTag has really been helpful for the private car owner.

I wish to talk about the plight of tour operators who provide taxi services for long distance commutes. These guys aren't implementing FASTag for the hassles faced by their drivers in claiming the amount spent as tolls charges. Proof that toll charge has been deducted can be obtained in two ways: via SMS & Online FASTag account summary. The former can easily be faked and messages are delivered after a day of travel in most cases; and the latter requires some basic knowledge of how to use the internet, taking printouts and so on. Drivers don't want such hassles as they can't take a day/time-off for this chore just to get refunded. The good old way of getting reimbursed against bills is simple and trouble free.

If in some way this problem can be tackled, a lot of vehicles can come under the GST umbrella. One possible solution is that the taxi fleet owner can recharge a certain amount of money every month for all the vehicles owned. But this will hit the cash flow badly especially for large fleet owners.
Old 3rd July 2017, 18:02   #1043
BHPian

I applied for a FastTag last Saturday. I visited the ICICI Hosur Road Branch at Bommanahalli for the same. The executive has said that the tag will be activated by this weekend and that he will deliver it while he is in the vicinity of either my home or office.

The application process was easy and I just had to give the following documents:
  • Copy of RC
  • Copy of Address Proof (Aadhaar would do)
  • 1 Passport size photo
  • Cheque for Rs. 500

I will update the thread on how soon I get the tag and if any issues were faced.

In the meanwhile, this is the contact of the executive if anybody requires the tag. Rama: +918951879026
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 11:58   #1044
BHPian

On my return trip also, amount got debited twice in Attibelle toll and it got debited twice in E-City toll also. Did anyone face this recently? I'm planning to raise both of them with ICICI.

BTW, there was a typo mistake in my vehicle registration and i have asked them to update. Will get a replacement tag.

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2017 at 14:50. Reason: typo
Old 4th July 2017, 12:03   #1045
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
On my return trip also, amount got debited twice in Attibelle toll
Last Sunday evening, I too got notification of toll deduction twice from Attibele toll Plaza.

Planning to raise this with ICICI rather than NHAI.
Old 4th July 2017, 12:37   #1046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Last Sunday evening, I too got notification of toll deduction twice from Attibele toll Plaza.

My onward travel was on friday evening and return on sunday evening. In both the trips, it got debited twice.
Old 4th July 2017, 14:14   #1047
Distinguished - BHPian

Triple toll deduction at Hirebgewadi toll plaza

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-capture.jpg

I have raised a ticket with ICICI. But this is really frustrating to raise a ticket each time for such issues. Also, during my recent drive from Kolhapur to Bangalore, Fastag was closed due to technical reasons at 3-4 toll booths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post

This is a known issue and wonder why they haven't fixed this issue yet.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:44   #1048
BHPian

I have been a FASTAG user for little more than a year as I do lot many Highway drives and quite often. The main purpose or Objective is to drive through the tolls without the need to pay at each toll which helps in reducing the overall time to travel the distance.

But, off late, I have come across many tolls where there are NON FASTAG vehicles being allowed at Fastag lanes and taking considerable amount of time compared to other lanes.

When enquired at the toll management, they don't care to answer as well (though expected the kind of response). But, is there something we could bring this to notice of responsible agency? (I might be naive, but this practice of allowing vehicles in Fastag lanes is not just at one particular toll - Before this practice spreads across all other tolls)

This contradicts the sole purpose/objective of this initiative.

Many tolls don't have the Fastag at all and surprising I hear from the toll management that they neither have got any notification nor they do have FASTAG RFID equipment's.
Old 4th July 2017, 16:56   #1049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
On my return trip also, amount got debited twice in Attibelle toll and it got debited twice in E-City toll also. Did anyone faced this recently? I'm planning to raise both of them with ICICI.
I had faced this issue in March and also now in the last week of Jun.
For March got the refund by complaining through call center.
For Jun issue, raised complaint through Fasttag and waiting. Status is in progress and it almost takes 15-20 days.
Old 4th July 2017, 18:06   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Just back from applying for FastTag at ICICI Bommanahalli. The process was pretty smooth. They mentioned 3 days if you have ICICI account or can transfer funds online. 7 days if we give another bank cheque. Opted for the online transfer.

They have promised to deliver it at home/office by wednesday if I transfer 500/1000 Rs today.

In wait mode now.
Did you go there around 10.00 or so? I went there to replace my fastag and at that time a gentle man was finishing up his application - the agent was asking him to do a NEFT transfer.

I had to get my tag replaced since I changed my front glass recently - the process was painless. The agent took my customer ID, and returned with a new tag in 10 minutes. I got message that my old tag is now blacklisted and new tag is active. Will try it possibly next week.

--Anoop

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks