Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 21:48   #1666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Finally, the incorrectly debited amounts have been credited to the Tag account.

I had started from NHAI. They passed the ball to IHMCL. IHMCL wrote to ICICI. ICICI claimed that the toll operator uses SBIPSPL as the provider for the Fastag toll recovery system, and they have to refund the amounts first. After making a couple of phone calls, SBIPSPL have asked Hitachi Payment Services Pvt Ltd, who handles the system for this particular toll booth, to initiate a charge-back.

What really gets my goat is, an incorrect debit doesn't go through all these many hoops. But the moment a charge-back is requested for such a reason as simple as this one, these nincompoops keep sitting on it for eons until someone decides to offer their posteriors an application of force with our lower appendages. I hope mine is an isolated incident and NHAI does ensure quality of service.
I also faced this incorrect debit. I had only raised a dispute in the ICICI portal. The resolution did take its own sweet time but it was resolved in my favour without any further follow up or pressure.
Old 11th October 2017, 17:13   #1667
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Hi Guys,
I filled up and applied online thru HDFC for a Fast Tag. This was on 07/10, and today 09/10, I got a sms from HDFC stating that my Fast Tag account has been successfully charged for Rs 1000/-, which was the amount I had asked to be charged. What I would like to know is if the Fast Tag sticker will be sent to me by HDFC by courier, which I hope. This query because there is no mail as such from HDFC, and their help line is useless.
Thanks.
Hi there!

I have a similar plight with them. I applied on the 29th Sep and come 11th Oct. I have absolutely no updates from them.

Here's the timeline

On the 29th of Sep, I made the payment of 1200 INR for an HDFC tag. All documents including the RC, DL, Passport were updated but I am yet to get an update from HDFC.

I call the customer care number -

1800-120-1243 - Rings and IVR says the number is busy.
9910410669 - No response
9910410166 - Gets disconnected

I have sent emails to - hdfc.fastag@sahaj.co.in - I got an automated response that someone will get back to me in 48 hours. It's been more than 2 days now and I have received no updates.

I am not sure if I am going to get the tag or I should go and get the same from some other service provider.:
ashwinmanuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 09:54   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Here is a video of my first tag use, day before at Devanahalli Toll Plaza.
I am not sure if this is the design at other Toll Gates also but I like this approach. When a vehicle enters a Fastag lane, it has an option to get out of the left lane when the Bar does not open (due to insufficient balance or cash paying customers) rather than blocking everybody behind.
Old 12th October 2017, 09:57   #1669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I am not sure if this is the design at other Toll Gates also but I like this approach. When a vehicle enters a Fastag lane, it has an option to get out of the left lane when the Bar does not open (due to insufficient balance or cash paying customers) rather than blocking everybody behind.
Many many toll booths with FASTag option have such an arrangement where you can merge with the cash lane in case of issues for whatsoever reason that you cant take the FASTag lane.

However, I had once seen a Jetta in one of the toll booths in MH that comes out of the cash lane and get onto the FASTag lane just because he presumed that the lane (FASTag) that was earlier barricaded is now open for all because a truck just passed by - And I was waiting behind the truck when I saw this as I had a FASTag too.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:24   #1670
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I am not sure if this is the design at other Toll Gates also but I like this approach. When a vehicle enters a Fastag lane, it has an option to get out of the left lane when the Bar does not open
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Many many toll booths with FASTag option have such an arrangement where you can merge with the cash lane in case of issues for whatsoever reason that you cant take the FASTag lane...
I must say its not the same design in many booths I have travelled between BLR-Salem-Coimbatore-Cochin routes. Last October I was badly stuck at the entry point of the fastag lane at the Elevated Highway from Electronic city towards city. I had no tags then, I entered the fastag lane by mistake due to trucks blocking my view to read the signages. Lane boy recognised me without a tag, asked me to reverse, I had 3 other cars behind me. All of them had to reverse, then the truck on the cash lane did not allow me to enter there. It was such a frustrating situation, fastag cars honking behind me, truck guy inching ahead blocking me completely. The concrete structure is so huge, it can easily dent your car if you do not enter in the right angle. Those few minutes felt like hours, finally someone screaming at the truck guy to give way for me, because I had no space to reverse anymore. I will never forget those moments.

Every toll lane must be made to this design (as in Devanahalli/Airport toll). Its a breeze to change to the cash lane in case of any technical issues !
shajufx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:44   #1671
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Many many toll booths with FASTag option have such an arrangement where you can merge with the cash lane in case of issues for whatsoever reason that you cant take the FASTag lane.
Its not the same towards south. Especially crowded tolls like Krishnagiri, Thoppur, Omalur doesn't have the option to merge with the cash lane. I think its the same with attibele toll as well.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 12:15   #1672
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Its not the same towards south. Especially crowded tolls like Krishnagiri, Thoppur, Omalur doesn't have the option to merge with the cash lane. I think its the same with attibele toll as well.
Yes Arun but many booths I have noticed have this system, especially those towards North.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 19:12   #1673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
Paytm shipped me someone else's fasttag 😤
The packing is addressed to me. But the contents bear another individuals fast tag.
I have not opened it and hopefully the person who received my tag has not opened it.

Paytm as usual is taking their sweet time to resolve this.
Been close to 15 days since I raised my complaint. Paytm support is literally non existent.

Not even a single acknowledgement from their team.

Don't even try calling their support team. A minimum wait time of 30 minutes is expected followed by an un informed support agent who asks to repeat your query everytime.

Stick to other vendors (Hdfc/icici) to procure your fastag.
Paytm is utterly unreliable.
Old 12th October 2017, 19:29   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Hi Guys,
What I would like to know is if the Fast Tag sticker will be sent to me by HDFC by courier, which I hope.
They will courier the tag to your provided address. I got the tags around a week and half, after the tags were activated.

I think wait for 4-5 days more, before starting to try and prod them.
Aiel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:24   #1675
BHPian

Recently I had obtained the tags from ICICI. But later I noticed that HDFC is also providing FasTag service and its cheaper! ICICI charges 500 for the cars, whereas HDFC just 200.
https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/comm...escharges.html
Old 13th October 2017, 00:23   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genopv View Post
Recently I had obtained the tags from ICICI. But later I noticed that HDFC is also providing FasTag service and its cheaper! ICICI charges 500 for the cars, whereas HDFC just 200.
https://www.hdfcbank.com/htdocs/comm...escharges.html
ICICI's 500 includes Tag Joining Fee, Refundable Deposit and usable balance of ~₹100. It should be the same for HDFC also when these are added.
Old 13th October 2017, 08:41   #1677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetSC View Post
ICICI's 500 includes Tag Joining Fee, Refundable Deposit and usable balance of ~₹100. It should be the same for HDFC also when these are added.
HDFC charges only ₹300 - ₹200 refundable deposit and ₹100 initial recharge.
Old 13th October 2017, 10:41   #1678
BHPian

I used ICICI fastag for 2 trips since August 2017. BLR - GOA and BLR - Tirupati.
My experience is actually quite good although there are few nuances :-

a) Manual removing of barricade, sometimes the person goes missing if it rains. In one case, I got down and removed myself

b) In very busy tolls, non-fastag vehicles blocked the lane

c) For manual scanning, they lean over the windscreen and leave back hand marks etc on the windscreen

Hoping that the experience will be more seamless with time

Rajat
Old 13th October 2017, 11:04   #1679
Senior - BHPian

RFID tagging is an ID system that uses small radio frequency identification devices for identification and tracking purposes. An RFID tagging system includes the tag itself, a read/write device, and a host system application for data collection, processing, and transmission.
RFID methods utilize radio waves to accomplish this. At a simple level, RFID systems consist of three components: an RFID tag or smart label, an RFID reader, and an antenna. RFID tags contain an integrated circuit and an antenna, which are used to transmit data to the RFID reader (also called an interrogator).

Now comes my question. Take a look at the picture. What I understand is that the actual RFID Tag is the Dog Bone shaped part (in the red box). Suppose you cut the tag along the red lines, will there be any problem? The rest of the tag appears to be just a sticker which looks quite ugly.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-fastag.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 11:08   #1680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

Now comes my question. Take a look at the picture. What I understand is that the actual RFID Tag is the Dog Bone shaped part (in the red box). Suppose you cut the tag along the red lines, will there be any problem? The rest of the tag appears to be just a sticker which looks quite ugly.
Technically you could do this. Thats why the earlier tags were smaller as the one Parag or itwasntme has got. The dog bone shaped area is the antenna, while the black dot is the transponder. If I remove the white background sheet from the tag, only these two will be remaining while the rest of the area will become transparent. I am shortly going to do this for my Celerio. You can peel the white background containing all the logos out and restick it somewhere to the side.
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed