Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 11:11   #1681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
HDFC charges only ₹300 - ₹200 refundable deposit and ₹100 initial recharge.
Yeah, they have some offer now wherein they have waived off the Tag Joining Fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

Now comes my question. Take a look at the picture. What I understand is that the actual RFID Tag is the Dog Bone shaped part (in the red box). Suppose you cut the tag along the red lines, will there be any problem? The rest of the tag appears to be just a sticker which looks quite ugly.
You can do this and the tag would work perfectly. But, the problem would arise when you have to encounter a toll where the manual barrier has to be removed by some person and they look for the FasTag logo or something of that colour. You will have a tough time arguing or halting to convince him that you indeed have a FasTag.

Last edited by Samurai : 13th October 2017 at 12:45.
MeetSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 11:18   #1682
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Technically you could do this. Thats why the earlier tags were smaller as the one Parag or itwasntme has got. The dog bone shaped area is the antenna, while the black dot is the transponder. If I remove the white background sheet from the tag, only these two will be remaining while the rest of the area will become transparent. I am shortly going to do this for my Celerio. You can peel the white background containing all the logos out and restick it somewhere to the side.
But can you actually peel them apart like that? Thought they were tamper-proof and designed to stop working if fiddled with.
Old 13th October 2017, 11:24   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
But can you actually peel them apart like that? Thought they were tamper-proof and designed to stop working if fiddled with.
The tag is multi-layered. I cant give an illustration but the tag is pasted like this:

Windshield -> Tamper proof adhesive -> Antenna and chip -> Transparent backing -> Regular sticker adhesive -> White vinyl backing with Logos.

The last layer can be removed easily in my ICICI tag and I have already done it and repasted it once since the glue is reusable and the glue sticks to the white backing. Effectively, you can remove it and stick it anywhere else without having to use a separate gum or tape. The transparent backing and RFID antenna stays back on the windshield since the tamper proof gum is quite strong compared to the sticker adhesive used on the white backing. The white backing is custom made per service provider while the antenna remains the same. The respective logo is printed and then stuck to the antenna layer. WIll post a picture of the same in the evening.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th October 2017 at 11:25.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 12:34   #1684
BHPian

Hi,

Applied for Equitas Fastag, today it shows up as active , I downloaded the Myfastag app as well, but when I click on recharge and select Equitas, the login credentials dont work

What is the use of this Myfastag app? Anyone using it, please help.

Regards
Shailesh
Old 13th October 2017, 13:04   #1685
Senior - BHPian

How is the coverage of Fastag lanes (where the Fastag scanners are in operational condition) across NH-65 and NH-16?
Old 13th October 2017, 16:26   #1686
BHPian

All,

Have few silly questions to ask.

I applied for Fastag via Paytm and got the same delivered and activated. No issues so far with that.

Questions i have are

1. Should the tag need to be neccasrily fixed on to the windsheild. the reason i ask is because my windshield has a crack and am looking at replacing the same in the near future. So if i fix this tag now what would be the procedure to get a replacement or can i just remove the tag and stick it to the new windshield when i replace.

2. Cant the tag be kept handy in car and shown when i approach the toll until the windshield is replaced and then i stick this?

Needless to say, thank you so much for helping!!
Old 13th October 2017, 16:38   #1687
BHPian

Use cello tape and fix the tape. It will be easy to remove.
Old 13th October 2017, 17:13   #1688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Use cello tape and fix the tape. It will be easy to remove.
Should i not need to remove the adhesive that comes on the tag? will the reader read the tag with the adhesive sticker on
Old 13th October 2017, 17:36   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Should i not need to remove the adhesive that comes on the tag? will the reader read the tag with the adhesive sticker on
No problem. The RFID readers even read tags kept in the glovebox or in the adjoining lane so the adhesive sticker is no issue at all.
Old 13th October 2017, 18:19   #1690
BHPian

Had a very funny "first" experience using my new equitas FASTag. Traveling from Mumbai to Vapi, I had to go through 3 tolls and this is how it went -

1. FASTag lane was quite busy so took another less populated lane. Pointed towards my Tag and the guy just asked me to go (I later realised he perhaps thought I had a pass?)

2. I missed the FASTag lane and went to a normal one and asked for them to scan. Someone came out with the scanner and tried a few times not really sure what was happening. Then suddenly the toll gate opened and I just went through thinking the scan was successful but later I realised Tag balance is still intact.

3. I missed the lane again for the 2nd time and this time guy says "no scanner". So I had to pay cash.

So, all in all, my tag is still unused :P Will try to be more careful wrt lane selection on my return journey
Old 13th October 2017, 21:43   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Here is a temporary placement right on top of driver side. The windshield extends for a little bit more to the top, so more than half of the tag is invisible for me from the drivers seat. The tag is kept with the wrong side facing outside, with the customer care numbers and logo facing away from the driver.

I think this placement should be OK, as it is much closer to the side from which they scan, still be somewhere in the middle for the overhead readers kept on the left side of the lane detect the fastag.

Giving this position a trial for a few weeks. Is there anything wrong with this location, apart from some loss of vision to the top of the windshield. I will try and post a photo from within the car later some time.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20171013_212851.jpg
Old 14th October 2017, 10:21   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the strip down of the Fastag as promised

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507956538.412205.jpg

Only the chip and antenna.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507956560.381023.jpg

Some of the ink has got bonded to the transparent backing layer which was not thebcase earlier when I peeled it off. This is mainly due to heat and since the original print itself is heat transfered and not dyed.

The white backing on which each provider prints their set of logos.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507956580.999468.jpg
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 10:42   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
At Pullur, they don't want Fastag at all. They told me tag not working. refused to bring hand scanner stating supervisor not present. I have refused to vacate the lane until it is scanned. Then supervisor came argued the same. They gave me NHAI official number to call and check. I had called the given number(NHAI hyderabad office) The lady officer told me " these guys are creating lot of problems" . Because of her, they brought hand held scanner in power off position. When it was powered on , it asked for password. Toll supervisor said no pasword and scanned the tag. Scanner could not read the tag. Finally had to pay and leave
Maybe these people are worried about losing jobs when fastags outnumber cash payers and thus working against the new system. It is obvious that once its seamless and widespread it will replace operators.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2017, 13:32   #1694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Maybe these people are worried about losing jobs when fastags outnumber cash payers and thus working against the new system. It is obvious that once its seamless and widespread it will replace operators.
It is more than losing jobs. I think the operators are behind it, since a widespread usage will leave them little scope for underreporting the actual numbers. I'm frustrated that the highways minister who has otherwise made a name as one of the high performing ministers in the cabinet has turned a blind eye on this.
Old 15th October 2017, 19:53   #1695
BHPian

Hi -If I need the fast-tag urgently, can I carry all required documents to the offline center (Devanahalli toll plaza is listed) procure and use instantly ? Thanks very much in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks