Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2018, 11:23   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: High Court wants separate toll booth lanes for VIPs & Judges

The next demand should be not just separate toll lane, but fully separate lane on all highways. The netas and their chelas can use that lane, and suddenly the remaining lanes will become traffic free.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:26   #17
BHPian

I'm just wondering on what official work do the "your honours" need to travel the expressways? Because all their official work is confined to the vaunted holy buildings of the Court only and the pedestal. So, can't see what's the hurry to zip though the toll plaza and get embarrassed.

And if its related to their pleasure travel on the 2-3 months a year long summer, winter breaks that they enjoy... Huh, give me a break. We the white collars get break for only 10-12 days a year, and rather we need a dedicated lane to whiz through the tolls. Sorry, M'lord... You still have 1 month left of the summer vacation, I only have the weekend.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 30th August 2018 at 11:46.
wanderer4x4 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 11:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

Very nice.

The Judges who make the citizens wait and spend 3/4 of their lives in court by just adjourning the case and delaying the judgement for NO reasons and waste the lives of the public, asks for separate Toll just because their 10-15 mins is wasted

I recommend a separate National Highway for judges instead of just separate Tolls. Else, Adjournments will further increase and 90% of the lives of pubic have to be spent in the Court only

Last edited by gkveda : 30th August 2018 at 11:57.
gkveda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 12:33   #19
BHPian

Hope the media takes it up tonight in prime and show to these guys, how angry the people are with this and let them retreat from this directive. (Every online News article i read today on this, people are bashing with their comments) Let this blow out for good.

Shame on them.

Swami
swami69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:01   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I am already contemplating on putting this sticker on my windscreen :

High Court wants separate toll booth lanes for VIPs & Judges-download.jpeg
paragsachania is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:06   #21
BHPian

A nicely put up mini editorial by TOI. Very well said.

https://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...as/?source=app
wanderer4x4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Why is this even being discussed.
Without these folks the country cannot run. They save so many lives and do so much charity. Their blessings have made trillions of Indians joyful. Their words of wisdom are the gold standard of living wonderfully. They have placed everyone else and everything else ahead of them in the discharge of their duties. Why not let them ahead in toll booths. This is the least we Indians can do for them.
Ahem.... I reread my post. Something seems amiss, but I'll post it anyway. Correct me if a few words seem out of place.
BenjiRoss is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why does anyone, and I do mean anyone, need any preference, priority or exclusive access to any common, shared facilities or infrastructure? This includes heads of state/judiciary/bureaucracy/executive etc.

Why can't everyone simply queue up and wait their turn?

The only exceptions that need be made are for those who have been made exceptional by nature herself.

Last edited by roy_libran : 30th August 2018 at 13:51.
roy_libran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 13:51   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Jokers and arrogant fools of the worst kind. I am pretty sure it will land up in the SCI and hope their noses are rubbed in.
Realistically, who can challenge this nonsensical 'order' ? Should it take a PIL route?
Old 30th August 2018, 13:58   #25
BHPian

I may have missed this on the article or elsewhere:
They are not directing NHAI to upgrade their system to ensure quicker movement? At-the-least in FASTAG lanes?
FASTAG lanes can be called SLOWAG lanes, in some places.

They are not directing the toll owners to make the roads bump free? Although the toll rates are ascending frequently and quietly.

The toll roads are not banked appropriately although we pay toll for them.

But yes, the big boys are authorized for a free ride, should not wait, etc.

But then, if one precious lane is lost to them, so what? What does a common man have to go anywhere and do anything? Instead wait in the queue peacefully burning fuel, productive time, and then pay-up to use the facility in addition to the road tax, etc.

Finally, there could be a law wherein only VIPs and big boys should use the NHAI and common man should use the rural road?

I am not sure if what I have stated is absolutely correct. If I am wrong then, I accept the mistake humbly.

Last edited by deadguy25 : 30th August 2018 at 13:59.
deadguy25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:01   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear honourable wise and exalted judges since when have you acquired executive authority and that too to line your own nests with additional perks. First show us, the paying public, that you work 12 months a year and are sincere about clearing the back log of cases wilting under your noses then come to the court of the people to lay forth your arrogance. - signed, voting, tax paying and queue forming citizen whose taxes pay your salary your exalted honour.
V.Narayan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:27   #27
BHPian

I disagree. Judges in India are the ones holding up the constitution, dispensing speedy justice and providing succour to millions of innocents, never being swayed by power or pelf.

As any reasonable person will agree, a delay of 15-30 min at tollbooths can lead to lakhs of cases pending in courts, judgements swinging from one end to the other despite a plethora of laws, and a complete breakdown of law & order, not to mention delays of decades in deciding simplest of matter.

So should the judges should spend 15-30 min more hearing Aadhar Card cases after 10 years of its existence and withhold judgement, make caustic remarks on why Ganga isnt clean after 25 years of start of the mission? Reason dictates that honorable judges should. In fact, they must get seperate roads so they can spend even more of their time protecting and serving us.
MBstoTBs is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
Dear honourable wise and exalted judges since when have you acquired executive authority and that too to line your own nests with additional perks. First show us, the paying public, that you work 12 months a year and are sincere about clearing the back log of cases wilting under your noses then come to the court of the people to lay forth your arrogance. - signed, voting, tax paying and queue forming citizen whose taxes pay your salary your exalted honour.
We live in an era where the employee enjoys significantly higher benefits than the employer! I pay wages(may not be entirely) to all these ministers,govt. officials and ironically that many of my employees are richer than me!. Even the poorer one's have much higher priority/advantages than me. Its high time these jobs too are treated as any other private sector job and an individual works for just the salary he gets paid. There are some really good officials out there but majority still equate these jobs to that of an erstwhile ruler.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 14:38   #29
Senior - BHPian

Unbelievable. How is this even part of the constitution? Who are these VIPs? They are basically public servants whether they are ruling politician or judges or bureaucrats. So, we masters will have to wait in a queue while these "servants" get preferred treatment. Judges are not able to tolerate 4 to 10 minutes waiting at the toll plaza and they keep us waiting for judgments for years.
SJM1214 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2018, 15:10   #30
Senior - BHPian

I am confused about the role of the judiciary. At best they should direct the government to set up a panel which looks in to the matter and comes up with a suggestion backed by data and impact. And why only judges along with other VIPs? Why not doctors or teachers?
Guna is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks