Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2019, 12:35   #91
BHPian

Re: Weird things you've seen people do while driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
While I do agree it could be used as and when required, bird droppings don't dry up in a couple of minutes while one can use it without hindrance. While the nozzle may be spraying correctly, the wipers do splash outside the windscreen.
Yes, I have personally been at the receiving end of this. once while sitting in my car with the windows open and a few times on a bike.

It would be quite insensitive to use the spray after bird droppings fall on one's windscreen with a person riding beside them, ruining their clothes. Maybe the splashee had an important meeting/ interview to attend.

Old 9th April 2019, 16:01   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp_dominator View Post
But the weirdest thing I saw was a few of them driving cars with the same protection from the sun as they do atop a two wheeler. And the funny thing was, I spotted a few not running their ACs so I think for them such protection is justified!
The gloves do work. I have allergy to heat and direct sunlight. I suffer skin irritation when my hand is exposed to constant sunlight. This happens when I'm not moving my hand at all, like during highway drives and my hands are at 10:10 position, skin on my right hand becomes irritable.
Old 12th April 2019, 22:35   #93
BHPian

I once saw a M800 driving at about 10ish kmph on the right most lane. This was early morning, and when I looked closely while overtaking, I saw a lady reading a newspaper while driving. She had the newspaper spread over the steering wheel.
Sunil2307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2019, 21:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

On a recent family trip with Bhpian Funkykar, on the NH 48, we found a Swift guy driving recklessly. On noticing closely by the ladies in the car, we found that the Swift driver was driving with the seat backrest bent fully towards the back and moreover, both his hands were rested behind his head! Wonder how he was managing such high speeds without holding the steering and with such less visibility!!

Relaxed position!
Weird things you've seen people do while driving-img20190324wa0065.jpg

Overtaking the lorry from the left!
Weird things you've seen people do while driving-img20190324wa0064.jpg

Weird things you've seen people do while driving-img20190324wa0061.jpg

The drive continues..!
Weird things you've seen people do while driving-img20190324wa0060.jpg
arun1100 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 17th June 2019, 17:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
we found that the Swift driver was driving with the seat backrest bent fully towards the back and moreover, both his hands were rested behind his head! Wonder how he was managing such high speeds without holding the steering and with such less visibility!!
There is a guy on facebook who does the exact same in an Innova.
He was getting really aggressive in the comments when people were criticising his "driving style" and was quite arrogantly claiming "I've been perfecting this technique for over 15 years and nothing has happened, so y'all can all F - off."

Incidentally he had a coorgi name and had KA plates. Maybe it is indeed him whom you've spotted in a second car. I will look for a link to that post and update here when I find it.
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 16:47   #96
Senior - BHPian

This was done by a cab passenger and not the driver and may not be a complete fit in this thread.

I was driving behind a cab on NICE road and we both would have been doing 80 to 90 kmph. Suddenly passenger in the backseat of the cab rolled down the window and started emptying a water bottle that was almost full. At that speed, water was all over the place and there were unfortunate folks on two-wheeler's around. I honked continuously to get the passenger's attention but she just proceeded with the act. Fortunately the cab driver realized what is happening by then and I could see him talking to the passenger and stopped the act midway and gave me an apologetic smile.
Old 6th September 2019, 13:37   #97
BHPian

This happened near Sandal Soap factory metro station near Yeshwantpur. I saw a Honda City in front of me with a Hare Krishna (followers of Iskcon) addict sticker. He was continuously chanting with his chanting beads in one hand and driving with the other. Poor guy, he did not notice the police waiting ahead. Got pulled over I wish I had my phone ready to capture the moment
We had a great laughter.

Last edited by Abhinav V : 6th September 2019 at 13:49.
Abhinav V is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 23:15   #98
BHPian

Mumbai Kaali-Peeli jockey trying to find his trail of aces 😂

Weird things you've seen people do while driving-whatsapp-image-20230325-20.56.02.jpeg
Old 27th March 2023, 13:06   #99
BHPian

1. The "opening-the-door-to-spit-pan-masala" is definitely top of my list.

2. Drying wet clothes from the windows, with them flapping about like a ghosts' arms are weird to me. You could spread it out on the hat track if not better

3. Liplocks and getting touch-feely inside the car in traffic signals - has become pretty common in Bangalore. I don't mind people doing whatever they do wherever they can without bothering others, but it becomes a bit of a shock to me when my kids are around in my vehicle and the occupants of the vehicle in just in front of me do their thing and it's all visible in the nightly light. My 4 year old can't sense much, but I get embarrassed when my 9 year old is in the front seat next to me. These are all rich folks with expensive rides.

4. Like the lyrics of the song by Mungo Jerry "when the sun goes down you can make it make it good in a lay-bye", a few times I have noticed couples parking cars in dark corners and continuing their act. This is right in the middle of Whitefield, just a dark corner ( the road that connects Nagondanahalli to Hopefarm via the sports academy ); other similar times I have just seen cars parked on the roadside (western ghats or Kanakapura/Bheemeshwari/hills around ) with the couple in the front seat drawing a cloth/dupatta over their heads and getting on with their priority. I suppose love can't wait or perhaps money makes you feel like everything is acceptable in public.

Again, I'm not moral policing, and I have already said that I don't care myself, but it becomes difficult for me when the kids are around. It's like that "Ae Chotu, get me a glass of water please" moment when something is about to happen on TV that you don't want your kids to witness, except that that trope won't work on the road when driving

Last edited by airguitar : 27th March 2023 at 13:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks