Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:36   #421
BHPian

Re: Short Fueling Tricks At Petrol Stations

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Wow! Now that is something. Does this work for BPCL pumps only or does everyone have to keep this complaint book and is every pump so scared of even getting even one complaint in the book?

I still wonder though if the audit mechanism is so strong that they would want to refrain so badly from getting any complaints in the book. I'm sure they can settle it with the auditors also, what say?
The complaints cant be settled with the auditors. But now with most pumps being Automated and al transactions recorded if the Pump is correct they wont give 2 hoots to anyone filing a complaint and if they desist that means they have done something wrong for sure! In which case the customer should and must take there Happiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Works for most Govt owned pumps - no idea about Essar/Shell/Reliance etc. From what I understand, it is pretty serious to have a customer enter a complaint about cheating on price/quantity, which is the deterrent for the pump owners.
Its Pretty Serious if the complaint is genuine and also looking at the past history of complaints. Also now to get around this problem 90% Bunks are automated so all transactions are recorded hence proof of being cheated or vice versa is always at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
I had got a 250Rs fuel filled in my ANHC sometime back at HPCL pump at Jasola,New Delhi.
The DTE showed around 85 kms and the fuel meter had one point over red mark. That was the time before the recent fuel hike. After the guy filled in the fuel i started my car and went for a few metre or so to realise no change in DTE and fuel meter. Straightaway went back to the pump and asked an explanation. He said this is a common problem in ANHC. I got a clue of their intentions, asked for their manager and gave him what he deserved. He apologised and said that you drive for few kms and let us know if the issue is still there.I went till my office and the DTE kept decreasing and to my horror i got the low fuel warning withing 10 kms of mine refuelling. This was too much for me.Straightaway wrote an online complaint and went back to the pump in the evening. The manager said that this happened with another ANHC today again, maybe trying to convince me. I just raised my voice so that everyone there could hear that this pump cheats. The manager willingly offers me fuel for Rs 250 which i gladly accept and go.Few days later i get a call from HP and to my surprise even that guy was convincing me that this cannot happen at HPCL pump. I just ignore him and say that i would not advise anyone to fill from that bunk.To me it seems even the inspector of these pumps and all those at complaint cell have their palms greased and don't care about complaints.
With corruption all around us, i fear that my suspicion could very well be true.
I have seen this happened in My Fiesta as well sometimes the DTE just doesnt change however The fuel needle definately moves to indicate that something has gone in, howver next day the DTE was normal showing correct range. I guess You are talking About R.D motors at jasola its on the left hand side after taking a left turn from under the flyover. Like I said earliar this Pump is also automated and if the manager offered you fuel worth 250 that means they did swindle you, coz otherwise they would have simply shown you the transaction for 250 on the System from the nozzle you used. However Did you check the meter at 0 And then at 250?
Ironically if it is the pump that i am talking about he is the 2nd highest seller in Delhi .
Just for the rcord there is no more palm greasing in Delhi as of now! those days are bygone now and they very much care about complaints.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 3rd February 2011 at 11:38. Reason: missing text.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:25   #422
BHPian

Yeah its the same one. I get down of the car while getting refueled to ensure that the meter is 0 and the vendor doesn't start stop the fuel more than once.
Old 3rd February 2011, 15:44   #423
Senior - BHPian

Time: 11:50 PM
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Went to this pump at 11:50 in the night for fuel for my motorcycle since this is a 24 hour pump. The attendant was fully drunk. Here is the scenario that transpired:
I asked for 300 Rs. fuel to be filled. The drunk guy calls another fellow and whispers something in his ear. He blocks my view of the pump when the first guy is entering the amount. Thankfully, i had not opened the fuel tank lid yet. I sternly told the guy blocking my view to move. To my horror the guy has input Rs. 50. I did not open the lid and asked the drunk guy if he had not heard me right. He immediately changed it to Rs. 300 without even me telling him a second time and filled the fuel. Not sure if this is a company owned pump or not.
Old 4th February 2011, 14:53   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Time: 11:50 PM
Vehicle: Motorcycle

Went to this pump at 11:50 in the night for fuel for my motorcycle since this is a 24 hour pump. The attendant was fully drunk. Here is the scenario that transpired:
I asked for 300 Rs. fuel to be filled. The drunk guy calls another fellow and whispers something in his ear. He blocks my view of the pump when the first guy is entering the amount. Thankfully, i had not opened the fuel tank lid yet. I sternly told the guy blocking my view to move. To my horror the guy has input Rs. 50. I did not open the lid and asked the drunk guy if he had not heard me right. He immediately changed it to Rs. 300 without even me telling him a second time and filled the fuel. Not sure if this is a company owned pump or not.
Nope,this isnt a company owned or operated one.I have had a couple of run ins with these guys.They are unreliable and I've noticed quite a few instances where customers have had arguements with the staff here
Old 4th February 2011, 15:22   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Nope,this isnt a company owned or operated one.I have had a couple of run ins with these guys.They are unreliable and I've noticed quite a few instances where customers have had arguements with the staff here
I have not seen other customers fighting as I only visit this bunk if i need fuel for my bike and shell is not open during that time of the night. I think company owned pumps are better in this regard that the staff are atleast not drunk to the hilt during the night times. One that comes to mind is the Indian Oil pump on the BTM -Jayadeva Hospital road, near the water tank. Have always had a good experience with them.
Old 6th February 2011, 02:05   #426
Senior - BHPian

I had few odd experiences with fuel stations in Pune.

First was with the one situated on Paud Road, Pune. Its next to Krishna Hospital while going towards Chandni Chowk. I suppose it is IOCL but not sure. I was on my bike and a middle-aged man in front of me in the queue. That fellow asked for Rs. 100 refill, the attendant asked him to take out money quickly as the queue was long. While this man was taking out money, the attendant started dispensing without resetting the meter and stopped at Rs. 100. But I had seen that the meter was initially at Rs. 30. I literally shouted and told the man about the mischief. The attendant immediately apologized and continued till Rs. 130. After the man left, attendant brought a smile on his face and got ready to refill my bike. The stern look on my face was enough to tell that shameless fellow that I don't see any fun in that.

The other experience was last month at the IOCL bunk next to Nal Stop while going towards Deccan. This was on the day the price hike was announced. All petroleum companies didn't increase the price on the same day and by same amount to avoid the allegation of Cartelisation . BPCL had increased the price effective the previous night and IOCL was to announce the hike on the following night. When I went to get my bike refueled, I found the staff at the IOCL station sitting idle and when inquired they bluntly told me to go to the next bunk (BPCL). The plan : They got the fuel on a lesser price and planned to sell next day at higher price.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:35   #427
BHPian

Visited the Indian Oil petrol pump on ORR.This is the one near to the BMTC depot(HSR Layout)
I am sure I got ripped.I asked the attendent to fill in Rs 1000 worth diesel and whilst I was removing the cash,he said a quick "Sir,zero" and started to fill.
Within the next 2 seconds,I saw that the pump had dispensed fuel worth Rs 100.Questioned the guy about how the meter dashed from 0 to 100 in 2 seconds.He had no answer.Since it was a sunday,there were hardly 2 or 3 of them in the bunk.
Left the petrol pump after telling myself that I'd never ever visit again
Old 8th February 2011, 15:53   #428
BANNED

The more I read the duping stories the more I think the public filling their vehicles is to be blamed.

I had a small incident. The Bunk outside Manyata Tech Park, Bangalore.

There were 2 queues for 2 wheelers. I got in one.

When I reached the dispensing point I asked for Rs 200. He set the meter to zero and inserted the nozzle in the tank. Before he could start I again requested rs 200.

He said yes. I said no. Key in the amount first. Then start.

He said go to next dispenser. I said ok. There he keyed in the amount.

But I saw people using the previous dispenser too. The guy dispensing the liquid gold stopped at a few paisa's short of the amount mentioned by the customers.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:45   #429
Senior - BHPian

^^ Incident on Saturday morning en-route to Nandi Hills ride. It was around 6:30 AM.

Went to HPCL pump (again!!) just after Columbia Asia hospital on the left hand side. Same trick but different execution. I asked the guy for Rs. 300 worth fuel. Attendant closed the display when entering the amount with his left hand and entered Rs 100. Closed the fuel lid and repeated that I asked for Rs. 300 and not 100. He then changed the amount and started filling.

Petrol pump attendants are waiting to rip off customers.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 8th February 2011 at 17:47.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:09   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallik9 View Post
Visited the Indian Oil petrol pump on ORR.This is the one near to the BMTC depot(HSR Layout)
Hey there were some good review about this pump on TBHP hence I am using it (used it for 4 times in the last 2 months)

I did not face any issue. Quality also ok. They give prompt receipt printed by the dispensing station.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:19   #431
BANNED

Quote:
Guys immediately lodge a complain at the fuel station against the operator along with his name.

If not you some other poor soul will get duped.
Old 8th February 2011, 20:47   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked the guy for Rs. 300 worth fuel. Attendant closed the display when entering the amount with his left hand and entered Rs 100. Closed the fuel lid and repeated that I asked for Rs. 300 and not 100. He then changed the amount and started filling.ti
but when you get the bill it will show the # of liters right? You can argue using that..
Old 8th February 2011, 20:52   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Perhaps their remuneration also is fixed after adjusting what they can make off the customers, same as restaurant waiters!
Old 8th February 2011, 21:09   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Perhaps their remuneration also is fixed after adjusting what they can make off the customers, same as restaurant waiters!
No matter what they are paid they Will rip customers Off!! sadly that is the truth and something that can never be controlled a 100%. They get chucked out off one bunk they go to the next.
Old 8th February 2011, 22:35   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Guys immediately lodge a complain at the fuel station against the operator along with his name.
If not you some other poor soul will get duped.
Good advise. Will ensure if anything similar happens next time, will enter a complaint in the fuel station book. Not sure if I can complain even though they have not cheated me as they were caught even before they could cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
but when you get the bill it will show the # of liters right? You can argue using that..
The HPCL pump does not have automated bill. At least the 2 places where they tried to rip me off did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
No matter what they are paid they Will rip customers Off!! sadly that is the truth and something that can never be controlled a 100%. They get chucked out off one bunk they go to the next.
Couldn't agree more.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks