Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 13:28   #91
BHPian

Re: I'm thinking about quitting driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnutfrombanga View Post
I have driven about 115,000 km in 5 years
First of all, compared to you, I've very less driving experience (around 20k kms).
But, I enjoy driving (even on our roads).

I haven't driven on foreign roads. But, I consider that there are idiots everywhere. Only thing to consider is, how cautious we are.

Say, in super smooth 6 lane expressways, we can cruise at 120+km/h speed, while on normal 4 lane highways, we have to limit to 100km/h, and on 2 lane smooth undivided highways, better to limit to 90km/h.

I know you might be aware of all these things (silly me). But, just trying to put my view on driving.

I personally would love to drive as long as I live .
I've a lot of explore (both in India and around the world).

I know it's too soon. But, may be, after my retirement, I'll do a trip throughout our country. I've no intentions of letting other's driving affect my personal driving goals.

For legal matters (in case of accidents), I think a dashcam should do the job.

There are a lot of people in our country who are getting license just like that (with a S turn and a U turn).
Not everyone will be in Tbhp.
Not everyone will read Tbhp forums.
Not everyone will take a left turn or right turn within their lane.
Not everyone is capable of handling a 1+ ton car.
Not everyone will be attentive while crossing road.

The list is endless. But, I keep myself ready for such things during driving.

Lastly, there will be some things like a dog/some other animal jumping in front of the car out of no where (from the trees). In these situations, we just have to try our best not to hit it, and at the same time, not to swerve our car too much such that it topples.
Such things happening with people/cyclists/motorcyclists is negligible, as they might cross the road w/o sense, but not without warning.
rajendra2278 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks