Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 15:55   #46
BHPian

Had been to Indiranagar RTO office today to submit an application for Duplicate Registration Certificate. I submitted the docs and was told to get a Envelope with 15 rupees stamp and also to post my picture to the application.
Did that and was given an acknowledgment. Was asked to come and follow up after 1 week.
May be i will have to go there and only then will they process my application.
Any idea what will happen after 1 week? Will it be ready or will they make be run from pillar to post?
The fees to be paid for Duplication Registration Certificate is 100 as per the official RTO website. How much extra for the smart card?
Old 8th September 2010, 16:26   #47
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Jayanagar RTO - Agent

There is a guy who calls himself 'Bellary'. Thats his name!! He is 5 foot, in his late 40's, always seen around the 2 floors of the RTO and the 1 below it (the xerox shop). He charges a BOMB - but can even get your humble Bajaj Chetak registered 'as' a Merc owned by Obama - no kidding, And the best part, you can have a tea and ciggy and not even Step inside the RTO. He can walk directly into the Inspector's office and get your work done - I have seen it!!

I have used his services twice, need to visit him in near future to pay KA life tax for my TN vehicle.

Disclaimer - Morally, I dont accept greasing is the way out of things, but what to do!!
Old 8th September 2010, 16:33   #48
BHPian

I was literally mobbed today by agents, inside as well as outside the RTO. But since i knew exactly what needed to be done, i didn't entertain any of them. But i saw many taking their 'service'.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:31   #49

Re: My experience at Indira Nagar RTO

Dear Members

Indiranagar RTO in Bangalore is the worst you can find. I have been trying to get a NOC for sale of my Mercedes 1984 model and they have totally lost the file. I am the second owner and they are asking me for the Bill of Lading from Bahrain which I do not have as that was something I did not get from the original owner. They do not have any paper with them and they refuse to issue the NOC. I am totally lost as to what is to be done. I even tried to get it through the AA an d the Manager told me that even his papers submitted in Dec 2010 are lost. I really don't see what the officials there are doing. I have to renew my FC in April and do not know if that is going to be possible when they do not even have record of my vehicle..Most pathetic state of affairs. Anybody have any ideas? Is it of any use approaching the Transport Commssioners office?
Old 10th March 2011, 13:09   #50
BANNED

I plan to go next week to update my changed address at IN RTO. Will there be a penalty for not doing it within one month?

--R
Old 26th June 2011, 16:24   #51
BHPian

Hey guys ive just called Phillips Driving School - hope everything works out fine for me . Love you TeamBHP - you'll are a wealth of imformation !!
Old 20th July 2011, 13:04   #52
BHPian

Ok guys it been sometime now since ive enrolled at Phillips driving school - and my experience has been pathetic to say the least. I enrolled around a month back and as per my schedule then gave them a mid morning timing of 830 . I wanted a driving school that would be convenient for me and asked whether they provide a home pickup and drop. The answer was yes. Everything was agreed and the answer was YES to all queries on the phone. I went there, confirmed and paid my money. There they said it will take 2 days which was fine, then they call to inform that it will begin in 1 week, after 1 week they called again to inform me that there will an extention of 2 more weeks ( 1+ 2 ) !! The days I was free were over and I was no availabe at that time anymore - but these people are completely inflexible and will make me wait for another month or so for a reschedule. The pick up facility has also turned out to be a lie, first they refused to pick me up saying that it is against driving school rules , then after me reminding them of their false promise, they agree to pick me up from a land mark on MG Road, these are the kind of money making lairs phillips driving school is . I got so fed up , I even gave the owner's son a piece of my mind - but it was of no use now that my money was paid - I hence decided to go to the RTO itself to get classes by hook or by crook . But that was not to be the end of my troubles.

Imagine my surprise when even the driver starts asking for "Guru Dakshina" and is more interested in extracting more money out of me than teaching !! Seems like this organization which has had a long relationship with govt. officials (RTO) is run just like any other Indian govt. organizations - always delays , regional preference and rampant palm greasing / corruption . Im sure that if i was a Keralite i would have been given better preference. Very bad experience for me, I went with very high expectations from what I read here but I am very saddened by what I have experienced. Please avoid and go anywhere else, smaller organizations are far better and are eager to please - these guys have so many customers that you do not matter.

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 20th July 2011 at 13:11.
Old 26th September 2011, 14:41   #53
BHPian

Everything went on very smoth for me at Indiranagar RTO
i had to go there for ownership transfer of my Lancer. All that i did was to check online for the list of documents needed for a smooth transaction.
I went there by 10:30, submitted the documents at counter 10 for verification, he then sent me to a lady for Data entry and then i had to go pay the fees at counter 1 305 (for smart card) and then come back and submit the documents at counter 6 and collect the acknowledgement.

All this was done in less than half an hour
Old 9th October 2011, 20:59   #54
BHPian

I visited Indiranagar to pay life time tax for my car from another state during May and the amount of paperwork, inspection etc was just not doable on my own, mainly because everything was in Kannada.

Asked the Authorised service station if their RTO guy could get this done for me and he wanted 8k on top of tax (60k), a local colleague suggested another agent who agreed to do it for 6k. Sad state of affairs, considering that one has to pay exorbitant bribes even to voluntarily go ahead and pay tax.

Now after endless follow ups, 5 months later the agent says a KA number has been given to my car and the new RC is with him. He wants another 1500 because he claims that the tax calculation was incorrect so he had to deposit additional tax(900) and 600 as additional bribes. I asked him to give me a RTO receipt for the 900 he paid and he obviously doesn't have it because he is just cooking this up. Its blackmail, he has the new RC but wouldn't give it to me till I pay more. He is definitely not getting this extra money from me no matter what. Not knowing Kannada is a very expensive handicap in Bangalore.

Last edited by ff1609 : 9th October 2011 at 21:01. Reason: format
Old 9th October 2011, 22:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

Agreed. Not knowing Kannada is a big handicap in RTO's in Bangalore. Having said that, instead of paying touts/agents, it makes better sense to enroll in AASI. They will get all your RTO work done legally without any bribes etc.
Old 12th October 2011, 14:07   #56
Oxy
BHPian

@ff1609 - Personally, I am sick of this similar sad state of affairs in Bangalore. These guys think that being IT professionals, we are rolling in cash. Everybody takes advantage of this situation right from the average autowallah to a Government servant.

A month ago, I approached a cab service to arrange a cab for my pregnant wife to go to work. We stay near Saibaba Ashram in Kadugodi and she needs to go near Vydehi Hospital for work (an approximate distance of 5 kms one way). I have not thought of buying a car yet since the Kadugodi bus stand is just a five minute walk from my place, from where I/she can take a Volvo. The problem though is the railway crossing which she would need to cross. On most occasions trains are parked in such a way that you have to go around them to get to the other side, hence you have to walk on stones. And then there is a small drain just before the faatak on the other side, which really stinks. So I thought a cab can just go over the flyover, avoiding the railway crossing.

The guy asked for 500 bucks a day for a to and fro ride. I then approached a cab driver in my company and he said he will ask around and get back. A couple of days later he calls up and guess what, he too wants 500 bucks a day!

I understand how you are feeling but all of us in Bangalore too are on the same boat. May God help this city.
Old 12th October 2011, 15:23   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
I asked him to give me a RTO receipt for the 900 he paid and he obviously doesn't have it because he is just cooking this up. Its blackmail, he has the new RC but wouldn't give it to me till I pay more. He is definitely not getting this extra money from me no matter what. Not knowing Kannada is a very expensive handicap in Bangalore.
Welcome to Bangalore.

The guy is blackmailing you. Tell him you will make a Police Complaint that the RC is lost and apply for a new one. You will get a new one posted to you to your address.

Also it is illegal for the agent to have your RC with him. You can pull him to the nearest Police Station too. But that depends on how far you want to go. Its really jumping put of the...blah blah.

This city is corrupt to the core and the people are like vultures. Especially if you are not a localite. Then they grow extra family jewels. Because they know their own kind will not go against them - only because of the local factor.

But this agent will be a local goon. So you need to be careful.

Best of Luck and always get your RTO work done yourself. What ever it takes. The agents in this city are low level goons who can stoop to any level.
Old 12th October 2011, 16:12   #58
Oxy
BHPian

What I have seen from my six year stint in Bangalore, I completely endorse Spitfire's views. Whenever and wherever you need a service, especially from a government institution, you will be taken for a ride if you cannot speak Kannada. You will even be looked down upon for not being a local.

When I was new to this city, I remember being humiliated by a bus conductor. I was at the Marathahalli bridge signal when this bus arrived. All I asked him was if that bus goes to the place I wanted to go. He gave me a cold stare and then said, "You look like an educated person, can't you read the board?". I replied saying that the board is in Kannada and I am new to the city and can't understand it. Then he retorts back saying, "You are in namma Karnataka. You don't know the language and still come here to snatch jobs from our people and take advantage of our ladies. Why don't you get lost and go back to where you have come from?".

This was in the presence of some 30 plus people inside the bus and some 30 odd people waiting in the bus stand. Nobody came forward or uttered a word. When the bus left, I looked at some people at the bus stand, and their facial expressions suggested that each person there saw this incident as a source of entertainment. Almost everyone there was either staring or giggling at me.

This is the sick attitude they carry. They think that we are minting money in IT companies, plus we are not "their people", so there is nothing wrong in fleecing us. Everybody does it, be it an autowallah, a government body agent/official, a local cabbie or a traffic cop. They are extremely corrupt and expect to be paid bribes for doing the same work which the government pays them to do.

The worst part is, I don't see anything changing. Not sure what or who can bail out this city from the mess it is in.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 19:01   #59
BHPian

Looks like I am not the only one so, its interesting how every 'outsider' in Bangalore has similar stories about being seen as a stash of money which everyone wants to pocket. So much for being the face of cosmopolitan India, I think they must have hired a media agency to spread that fake image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Agreed. Not knowing Kannada is a big handicap in RTO's in Bangalore. Having said that, instead of paying touts/agents, it makes better sense to enroll in AASI. They will get all your RTO work done legally without any bribes etc.
Thanks, I didn't know of AASI, just checked their website, will look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
@ff1609 - Personally, I am sick of this similar sad state of affairs in Bangalore. These guys think that being IT professionals, we are rolling in cash. Everybody takes advantage of this situation right from the average autowallah to a Government servant.
Yea, the other day on radio they defined a poor Indian as anybody who is not a politician, government servant or 'IT guy'. Though it was not supposed to be a serious exercise but really shows the perception people have about anyone who works in an IT company here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Welcome to Bangalore.
The guy is blackmailing you. Tell him you will make a Police Complaint that the RC is lost and apply for a new one. You will get a new one posted to you to your address.
I am planning to do exactly the same, will post updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
What I have seen from my six year stint in Bangalore, I completely endorse Spitfire's views. Whenever and wherever you need a service, especially from a government institution, you will be taken for a ride if you cannot speak Kannada. You will even be looked down upon for not being a local.
So true,its an endless debate about how they are treated fine in the North but how outsiders get horrible treatment here.
Old 12th October 2011, 19:13   #60
BHPian

Sad to read all the stories here, I had my share of bad experiences when I wanted to do an RC Book name transfer at BDA Complex, koramangala.

I spent around 5.5 years in Blore before moving to Chennai, it was dream to get a job and land up in Blore back in 2004, weekend pubing, partying all night but all fun subsided slowly after i had few bad experiences.

I try hard to learn kannada over the years, but could not. I married a girl brought up in Blore and my wife is the official kannada translator when I want to put my point across, be it auto walla, bus walla..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks