Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:18   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

Shouldn't the brakes work (on strong depressing of pedal) even after engine gets switched off???
Only the hydraulic assistance should go off, right?

I mean, in the WagonR, the brakes are very soft touch with hydraulic assistance. But, with engine off, the car can still be stopped effectively by pressing the brake pedal strongly.
I guess its the same with EMD's car.. It just takes a lil experience to realise that u have to press harder to get the brakes to work. Normally, u wouldnt have the presence of mind to realise this.
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:22   #62
Senior - BHPian

EMD
The damage isn't serious. You certainly don't need to replace the doors. If you go to the authorised service station you won't be able to make the difference. They have very hi-tech machines these days to fix these things.
They won't pay you insurance if you tell them you banged it against the pillar while trying to park.
Sudipto

Last edited by Sudipto-S-Team : 3rd July 2007 at 13:23. Reason: writing the full form authorised service station - the acronym got filtered
Old 3rd July 2007, 13:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Gosh EMD, I can imagine how much pain this small accident could have caused to you. Sorry to know about this.
From the images, it does not look like a major accident calling for replacement of doors.
It reminds me of last year, when I scraped my BIL's new Alto against a pillar in my parking lot while reversing. The scratches look similar to yours, but no deep ones--you seem to have a deep and long one at the centre.
It cost me 1500 for painting the rear door and 450 for denting--not sure why they charged for denting, as the scratches were light, but numerous.
You might have to claim insurance, but please be aware that you will need to pay Rs 500 for each claim--it is 1000 for cars of 1.5 HP and above.
Old 6th July 2007, 13:09   #64

Sorry abt that EMD. but i feel it wont cost you more than 10K to repair.
i also have a uva and i made a small scratch due to a road side pillar. i would like to know how much it costed for you so i can estimate mine.
thanks.
Old 6th July 2007, 14:15   #65
BHPian

@crajesh: i've not yet taken my car to the dealer. will let u know how much it charges after that. btw which dealer did u buy it from?

btw, guys, i checked as u told, my window in the back door's gone bad, i couldnt roll it down fully.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:27   #66

I bought it from garuda.
Hope you are aware that the backside window cannot be rolled down fully, as per design. You can compare it with the other side back window.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:23   #67
BANNED

EMD sorry to see all that but i can tell you one thing that check with Dealer for insurance and next years bonus for not claiming then check in JC road for denting and paint as they do it very well you wont come to know the difference also aftre getting it done, seen my friends Santro they match the color and then paint it without any differences from original paint and the new coat.If JC is less then bonus then go for it i think so within 3-4 k they will do it for your car.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:39   #68
BHPian

@Ajaybiz :: Do u recommend any particular shop in JC road whom u've dealt with before?

If its 3-4K, it should be really good, i thought the figures would go into 10s of thousands
Old 6th July 2007, 16:52   #69
BANNED

Its not any shop they works on the road just be there at the main signal and if you are coming from Lalbag side then take a left turn and ask anyone its walkble distence from there but normally they takes 4-6 hours take any weekend and visit there. You wont regreat their job and paint quality.
Old 6th July 2007, 17:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

If you are doing a paint job from road side I would suggest wait for the monsoon to be over.
Old 6th July 2007, 19:55   #71
BANNED

That paint dries in max 2 hours and after putting liquer they suggest to avoid from direct water even night dew may be a covering will help you get it done ASAP as once rusting will start then it screws the metal below paint and aftre some time it comes out as a bubbel.
Old 6th July 2007, 19:59   #72
Team-BHP Support

EMD yaar it's a new car. Why do you want to get it done locally at JC road and all.

Just give it to the GM guys. I doubt it will be more than 4K. the whole door and rear quarter panel painiting and little bit tinkering.
Old 6th July 2007, 20:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Hey EMD,

Get the painting and denting done from the dealer. Probably they can match the paint best.

I think almost everyone will have one or more such incidents. Almost all the minor scratches (3~4) that are visible on my car have been created when the car was stationery.
  • Somebody carries something and it rubs against the car
  • Somebody sits/leans against the car and they wear something metallic that invariably creates a scratch
  • The doors of the car parked next to yours is opened without any regard to your car, and the door ends up nudging your car
  • Kids practise drawing with pebbles/stones on the smooth surfaces of the car in the parking lot.
  • Two wheelers try to squeeze between your car and another car
One day I had the plumber sitting on top of my car to repair a pipe leak in our society.

Such scratches/dents cause a bigger scar in our minds, since they are not even caused by us.

I keep some rubbing compound (Pidilite make) that I use to get rid of scratches that are really superficial.

-Biju
Old 7th July 2007, 09:46   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
EMD yaar it's a new car. Why do you want to get it done locally at JC road and all.

Just give it to the GM guys. I doubt it will be more than 4K. the whole door and rear quarter panel painiting and little bit tinkering.
I also would recommend the same!

Get it done at GM ASC, they do a professional job.
Old 25th July 2007, 10:46   #75
BHPian

Update::

14-7-2007:
I took the car to the dealer Sundaram Motors (KB road). I have no problems whatsoever in the process of convincing the guys there about how the accident happened.
The guy in charge asks me "Do you want to claim insurance for this sir?". I asked, "How much will the bill come to approximately? What do you suggest?"

Chinna tells me, "Sir, I expect it to be around 10-12K. Suggested you go for insurance, you;ll get 100% claim".

I said OK, and filled the relevant forms. Had to give him the car challan (original bill), my DL, and insurance papers. (I havent got the RC book still). Asked him when i can get the car back, he says, if a door replacement is to be done, it will be 10 days only tinkering will take about 7 days.

23-7-2007:
Got call from Sundy saying the car is ready, please come and collect it. The bill came to Rs. 14.8k. Insurance claim of 100%. I had to pay only Rs 850 odd. 500/- is insurance claim and 350/- was TDS.

They didnt replace the back door, only fixed the denting and tinkered and painted it. Car looks good now, and the damage isnt noticeable. But if i tell someone, this is where its been repaired then, you can easily notice.

Pictures follow!

Overall experience with Sundy: 3/ 5 stars!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks