Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2023, 10:33   #16
BHPian

re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

I live in Gottigere and have passed this property on the Bannerghatta Road exit a hundred times. In fact took the NICE road from PES College to BG Road yesterday evening. Always thought that this was NICE Property and they are using it as their office, never knew it was someone's personal property.

Due to white topping of NICE Road, the BG road exit from Mysore road has been partially blocked and the ramp from BG road toward Hosur road has been made 2 way.

Few barricades and fences have been removed in last 2 weeks. May be this alteration has lead to the current situation.

Will keep a watch from now onwards

Regards
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:34   #17
BHPian

Classic case of mess around and find out!

Man's ruined his own reputation, wasted the time of multiple people minding their own business, attracted negative social media and live attention, risked losing his job....the list goes on. Common sense isn't so common after all.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

If this lawyer is ever convicted, I'll eat my socks. Lawyers carry this 'you cant touch me' attitude in Bengaluru. He will harass the girls in court, in fact. The police will call for a truce, Im guessing
Sebring is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:42   #19
BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses few women bikers on NICE road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Now, he’s got famous.
or rather infamous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLife_MyCar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
There was no gate except the road barricade along the curve.
Thanks MyLife_MyCar for sharing the gmaps coordinates. Finally, found the gate beyond the steel barricade! Could see only green banana plants and other trees inside the gate, and it's very strange that an Oldie was keeping a watch on the passers by on this stretch of NICE ramp from so far away. Perhaps, there is more inside the gate than what meets our eyes, as otherwise, I don't find any rationale for those guys to freak out in such a manner.
Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road-madadvocatemanjunath.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterChief007 View Post
I wonder if there will be an annual bike ride event marking this day ... I am afraid there might be a ride planned this weekend at the same spot with loud exhausts and what not !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
There seems to be plans for riders to piss him off even further. The place already has many 1-star reviews and comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Many people have already started trolling his place in gmaps.
The spot really is nowhere near to the walled residences, and the planned bike rides and loud noises would normally have no impact to any sane person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The advocate snatched one of the bike keys which is what escalated the issue.
Illustrates the need for keyless bikes. Have witnessed such ignominious acts way too many, and brought it up in one of my earlier thread -- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-...oot-175-a.html (Ride to the new ISKCON on a Rajdoot 175)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Sub: Re: Road Rage - Understanding, Avoidance and De-escalating Situation

Are we there yet?

Please, while the idiot did ride his hobby horse (of being an irritating human being), can we disdain an idiot? Not escalate?
It's not just about de-escalation. Few would have already underwent such unpleasant experiences silently, and let it go, and If we disdain this now, it's highly likely that many others would have to go through such bitter experiences with increased intensity. Hope this event prevents few similar ones from recurring as it really is a mood spoiler for the Bikers.
Prithvi Mundur is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:45   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

What a stupid thing to do - For the so called advocate. These ladies had just stopped to drink water, and for that the advocate and dad got into so much of a mess just because their ego was faster than their wisdom.

To me it looks like the dad initially might have misjudged the bikers to be some young men stopping there leisurely. With full gear it is difficult to distinguish between men and women. And its quite obvious that people generalize bikers and assume everyone in gear are racers or stunt riders. Even police do. But his abuse was uncalled for and even then, the moment the son got into the scene, the wisest thing for him to have done is to apologise on behalf of his father and let the women go after their pitstop was done. Instead, he came with a huge bag of ego and started talking about their private property and the worst was to grab keys of the bike.

I checked land records and it is true that their land bearing Sy no. 3 is split by the NICE road exit ramp. But the claim he does in the video that the bikers are obstructing his path to the property is absolutely stupid. The way the family has put those steps on one side of the ramp(where he comes from) and then the gate to the other side is just their own implementation. That does not mean in anyway that the bikes were on his property.

They might have a case running in the supreme court but this would be mainly to secure an access to their property on either side but that is only after the court orders the same. Even then if we check the map, each divided part has access from a different side. Hence I am not sure if the court will accept that argument. But until then, the family ought to keep quiet and fight against NICE instead of these innocent passer by.I hope the advocate and his dad are taught a nice lesson.
audioholic is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 10:56   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
If this lawyer is ever convicted, I'll eat my socks. Lawyers carry this 'you cant touch me' attitude in Bengaluru. He will harass the girls in court, in fact. The police will call for a truce, Im guessing
Unfortunately yes, this is most likely.

The lawyer knows exactly what to do to tie this thing up for as long as possible. The victims will (understandably) not want to waste their time pursuing this and get on with their lives. Our cops try and arrange 'truces' 'compromise' 'understanding' for far more serious issues on our roads, they will surely not pursue this either.

Best hope is that the media attention prompts the Karnataka Bar Council to take some sort of action, but that will also depend on how much more this sustains as news.
am1m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:00   #22
BHPian

Advocate regulating traffic, concerned about their safety .

"You are blocking. stop at the toll gate".

Wonder if the knicker wearing advocate would have dared get near a group of macho guys on super bikes!.

On some isolated roads like NICE and interior roads, there is an outside chance of running into some lunatic, especially if you stop or reverse a vehicle. The safest way is to just ignore and move from there quickly or risk an altercation.

I ventured into somebody's private property while on the way to a resort near Devanahalli, following GMAPS. I was all alone and reached a dead end with the house owner standing outside getting ready to take his son to school. I asked him with a smile "Where am I? And I need to go to this resort". He replied with a smile "GMAPS always brings people here" and directed me.

Not always do you encounter gentlemen.
Nalin1 is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:15   #23
BHPian

Totally avoidable for the Lawyer. Honestly, I would have talked to him and befriended him and talked about him losing property and all if it was me Dont know how it escalated to what it did

They were clearly on the road and not blocking anything. He was not even at the gate for them to block.

Last edited by PreludeSH : 8th March 2023 at 11:17.
PreludeSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses few lady bikers on NICE road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi Mundur View Post
Perhaps, there is more inside the gate than what meets our eyes, as otherwise, I don't find any rationale for those guys to freak out in such a manner.
That land where the loop and the Gottigere bridge is built was under litigation for a very long time and there was a time when the whole NICE road traffic had to get down to Bannerghatta road and proceed to the other side. It was royal mess during that time. Sometime in 2010 the bridge was built and the loop was still having some access issues. The NICE road thread has some posts from that period on the details. Now, this issue may seem weird from the actions of the Lawyer, but who knows maybe it is on purpose to help his case?
bejoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:33   #25
BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses a few lady bikers on NICE road

One minor technicality that the devil-advocate will milk to the max: That it is illegal to stop / park anywhere on NICE road. (and is mentioned countless times along the stretch).

Legally, the ladies in distress seem to be biking on thin ice.
KANNURAN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANNURAN View Post
One minor technicality that the devil-advocate will milk to the max: That it is illegal to stop / park anywhere on NICE road. (and is mentioned countless times along the stretch).
I don't think so.
Lady bikers stopping on a no-stop doesn't give a person a right to snatch keys or to twist arms. Not even gentlemen bikers must face this.
It can only be used to create legal trouble, but how bad can stopping in a no-stop zone go for the ladies? At best it can give you a challan, do correct me if I'm wrong.
If the ladies are properly represented in court, this lawyer might just learn a lesson of a lifetime here.

And its incidents like these which emphasise the need for a biker/car-enthusiast union.
What we need is a set, with founder and president which will coordinate with all the clubs in the city.
There can't be a big club, I've seen ego issues runing things when we tried in our city. A set connecting all clubs is the way to go.

I hope Bangalore bikers set an example by creating a set. Other cities should follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
To me it looks like the dad initially might have misjudged the bikers to be some young men stopping there leisurely. With full gear it is difficult to distinguish between men and women.
And its quite obvious that people generalize bikers and assume everyone in gear are racers or stunt riders. Even police do.
If they had a conversation, any kind of conversation, this argument will be tough to sustain.
Yes, people consider all sorts of stuff when you're in Riding Gears, villagers consider us aliens, and many consider us racers. True. However, the bikes are not stunt or racing oriented bikes. Although yes, this might cause a trouble for the bikers.

Last edited by Samarth 619 : 8th March 2023 at 13:14.
Samarth 619 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:47   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advocate harasses few lady bikers on NICE road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
That land where the loop and the Gottigere bridge is built was under litigation for a very long time and there was a time when the whole NICE road traffic had to get down to Bannerghatta road and proceed to the other side. It was royal mess during that time. Sometime in 2010 the bridge was built and the loop was still having some access issues. The NICE road thread has some posts from that period on the details. Now, this issue may seem weird from the actions of the Lawyer, but who knows maybe it is on purpose to help his case?
Was going to post the same thing you mentioned. Even after rest of NICE was complete, the link across Bannerghatta Road was pending for a very very long time. I am sure there is some case/litigation running on it still and maybe with all the rework happening on NICE something has come up again and this was a calculated move to create some ruckus. Totally illogical and unwarranted though.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 12:51   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

It is a greater violation to snatch the keys and harass a commuter in the manner shown above.

As a lawyer, he is aware of the law and the would know the right process to raise a grievance.
lamborghini is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Does that give him or anyone to abuse the ladies in "unparliamentary words" by his own terms,
Snatch the keys to someone's bike? In the Video, he also touched the lady's hand while trying to remove the key.

Wonder who is on thin ice?
Captain Slow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2023, 13:01   #30
BHPian

I just went through the Google review of his place, and definitely, he won't be getting a good night's sleep for a few days because most of the bikers are going to rev their engines in front of his house. It's going to be a famous spot for bikers to stop and create a ruckus for a viral video. It looks like his house is about to become the "Biker's Paradise Motel" without him even knowing it!
raptor_diwan is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks