Team-BHP - Have people lost it??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Street Experiences (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/)
-   -   Have people lost it?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street-experiences/34700-have-people-lost-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 710467)
humyum - you are too patient! I would have had a go at that guy (I guess!)!!!

hehe... some people would have actually tried to scratch the dogs instead!!

Jokes apart, thats remarkable coolheadedness, humyum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 710510)
Damage was already done.Scraches on the roof and small marks on the bonnet.i had to get inside to push the roof out back to its position and all this when its time to sell the car :(
I need a forcefield around the car till its sold :|

For removing scratches, you can use 3M Rubbing compound provided the scratches are not too deep. It has worked for me.

Guilty.

Was on my way to the Ohris at Basheer Bagh last night.
There is a white 800 on the left extreme beside the parked cars. He is looking for a parking spot. I am on his right in my Wagon.
I see a car coming out of the parking spot just a little ahead.
The spot beside this car is vacant. As soon as that car leaves I position myself for the spot. Doing this has blocked the 800. I realise my mistake and even as I am about to reverse and leave the spot the 800 touches my car.
I know that the bumper to bumper is not gonna harm either of our cars. The 800 guy had enough time to see I had cut him off.
Maybe he did not like my cutting him off.
He has no idea how nice or bad a guy I am.
He is totally correct in feeling angry at me.

But you dont ever nudge my car.
I park and dont bother about him anymore.

If you are on team-bhp and are reading this. Then I am sorry I cut you off. But it was a honest mistake. But your nudging my car was not a good thing either.

Anyway's there is Valet parking available and you used that anyways.
I don't like Valet service and avoid it.

It had rained heavily and traffic was crawling in single file at the centre of the road so as to avoid the knee-deep water (and any dangers lurking under it) on the left. Some kids in an Alto zoomed past the traffic behind me in the empty left lane till they were almost in the water. Then he had the cheek to cut into my front fender and a blast from my horn was met with a fist coming out of the window and pounding my bonnet!!

I drive a diesel that can wade through water, so I let the Alto cut to the right and take my place between two trucks, I swing to the left and where the water is deepest - I speed up with the Alto about 5 ft away and exactly on my right, using my 205-155 tyres to send in bucketloads of water through his open windows - BINGO!! The surprise & shock on those drenched muscleheads was enough revenge. To add insult to injury, the truckies behind him laughed at them and boxed him in.

Dudes & Dudettes like this, who randomly cut in front and then get aggressive when the traffic behind protests sicken me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ravveendrra (Post 1148109)
Dudes & Dudettes like this, who randomly cut in front and then get aggressive when the traffic behind protests sicken me.

Well .. I too have a small story to tell. I bought an i10 sportz and I am a new driver, so I have put an L board, though I have a valid license. My wife too is learning driving so for the sake of safety I have put the L board.

3 days back it was around 9 o clock in the night near Brookefield Bangalore.Me and my wife went to buy some house hold stuff. In the parking area some one kept an Alto rite behind me and there was no space for me to go out. I called the security and went with him to find the owner of the Alto. I got a call from my wife and she said some one removed the car. When I returned my wife said a newly wed couple came and gave her a disgusting look and loudly took the car back. I did not give an ear and took my car out. Now when I was on way the same car came and overtook me from the left and just braked inches away from me and stopped in front me. My wife was trying to breathe and even for a second I didnt know what to do. There was a small traffic in the front. I tried getting out of the car but he moved. Then I followed for some distance and finally managed to stay parallel in the next traffic signal. I would not have done anything harsh but saw them pointing and laughing at us. I got out of my car despite of many requests from my wife and tried opening the door of the Alto. I was very angry and it seems the Alto couple did not expect it from me. Then he said Kya hua ? I said Baahar aa bata ta hun. I think he never expected a 6 ft and 90 Kg bully coming out shouting from the L board. He softened a bit when I took him to the side of the road and said lets decide here. The guy was kind of speechless and said it was not intentional. I knew the area well since I am staying there for some time and few people came ( some of them I know ). Then I asked why he was showing the rage and said I am ready for any kind of mess up if he wants. Then the girl came out of the car and told me Bhaiya jaane do, galti ho gayee and even my wife said lets go and leave it here.

I thought he had enough as many people were around and the guy was having a sorry and confused look.

I have seen many times the Indica taxis and qualis guys do little tricks in front and I ignore. But first time it happened with me. Had it not the giggles and laughs I would have ignored. But hope the guy got a lesson.

But still I never behaved this way on the roads and gave a serious thought about it.

I often see a TBHPIAN's car ( carrying the URL of TBHP ) with a sticker " This aggression wont last man". ( I dont know who is the member) but realised that day how correct a sentence that is.

Regards,
Sam_Boy

@ravvenderra, sam_boy:

People with low thinking level want those with high moral fight with them. To do so, those having a good, considerate and disciplined behaviour have to fall down to standards of those people and again fight for petty things. This is actually those bad human's win as we leave our standards and fall down to their standards. Avoid it.

I have repeatedly had fights on streets and I am myself close to 100kg. Yes sometimes being a bully helps, but that is not my standard. Let them go, one day they will be bogged down due to their own mistakes. After numerous violent fights on the road I came to conclusion that whatever it be give a smile and say it just happens. This usually solves most of the cases. But if some displays gross misbehavior like physically contact and trying to get down to blows, we must react, or else just let them go. These incidences of misbehavior are increasing to such an extent that its better to stay away. Getting angry just in the begenning of losing the war. We may end up in winning the battle, but eventually we will lose the war.

I prefer to drive and ride slow and let those who want to go, go. I have and maintain my own grace. The problem Sam_boy faced, I was exactly in same situation a couple of months ago, but I kept quite and left off. I had capacity to fight, but keeping cool and calm mind helps a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1148401)
@ravvenderra, sam_boy:

People with low thinking level want those with high moral fight with them. To do so, those having a good, considerate and disciplined behaviour have to fall down to standards of those people and again fight for petty things. This is actually those bad human's win as we leave our standards and fall down to their standards. Avoid it.

I have repeatedly had fights on streets and I am myself close to 100kg. Yes sometimes being a bully helps, but that is not my standard. Let them go, one day they will be bogged down due to their own mistakes. After numerous violent fights on the road I came to conclusion that whatever it be give a smile and say it just happens. This usually solves most of the cases. But if some displays gross misbehavior like physically contact and trying to get down to blows, we must react, or else just let them go. These incidences of misbehavior are increasing to such an extent that its better to stay away. Getting angry just in the begenning of losing the war. We may end up in winning the battle, but eventually we will lose the war.

I prefer to drive and ride slow and let those who want to go, go. I have and maintain my own grace. The problem Sam_boy faced, I was exactly in same situation a couple of months ago, but I kept quite and left off. I had capacity to fight, but keeping cool and calm mind helps a lot.

I agree completely with you. A smile really helps and had numerous incidents with my bike when I was knocked down and a smile or few gentle words or a sorry have settled all the anger and pain.

Being a new driver I always drive slow and follow lanes, but what he did was an elongated affair and somehow I felt the couple were commenting and laughing at us in a very bad way and they tried to disturb us physically. That hurt me in a big way. Showing dissent to the ladies is something which I cant tolerate. I have never had any street fight experience at least for last 10 years and would hate to do so in future. But don't you think sometimes these people need to be taught a lesson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_boy (Post 1148623)
I I have never had any street fight experience at least for last 10 years and would hate to do so in future. But don't you think sometimes these people need to be taught a lesson.

Totally agree with you. If someone needs to be taught a lesson,go ahead and do it. But please be very very careful, as there are a lot of dangerous characters around who'd not hesitate to go to any extent to get even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1148401)
To do so, those having a good, considerate and disciplined behaviour have to fall down to standards of those people and again fight for petty things. This is actually those bad human's win as we leave our standards and fall down to their standards. Avoid it........These incidences of misbehavior are increasing to such an extent that its better to stay away. Getting angry just in the begenning of losing the war. We may end up in winning the battle, but eventually we will lose the war......I had capacity to fight, but keeping cool and calm mind helps a lot.

Well said, aaggoswami. I understand exactly what you mean. A few years ago an argument/altercation/a fight would sometimes help to make a guy understand what he did wrong. Now there are so many funny fellows on the road it makes more sense to take care of our own peace of mind by just driving away.

The growing stupidity levels on the road are worrying - like the people Sam_boy described. Yesterday (and once before in the last week) a guy in a car behind me honked at me when I slowed down for a speedbreaker! Often the best thing to do is to treat these like you would treat a dog on the road - ignore and/or avoid them - but it is difficult.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam_boy (Post 1148623)
Showing dissent to the ladies is something which I cant tolerate. I have never had any street fight experience at least for last 10 years and would hate to do so in future. But don't you think sometimes these people need to be taught a lesson.

Its something no good human can tolerate, but only if its gross misbehavior like getting physical or cutting your lane repeatedly, if fine to react, but else, just let them go. When sometimes we come home late at night ( read after 10 pm ), dogs do bark, but do we care ? NO.
Just like this ignore them, why lose your peace of mind ? Whose blood pressure increased more ? Yours.
What I am trying to say is that keeping the mind cool for a few moments will give very positive results.
We want to live peacefully and not arguing/blaming, etc.
Reason is very well mentioned by Nitin.

Agree that people have no sense left and unfortunately their behavior on the road shows our nation's culture. Its sometimes too much for me also, but for a few moments I think what if I do fight and the consequences of which can be negative also on my side. Slow down, take deep breaths and then again start driving.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1148772)
Totally agree with you. If someone needs to be taught a lesson,go ahead and do it. But please be very very careful, as there are a lot of dangerous characters around who'd not hesitate to go to any extent to get even.

Exactly, these low thinking standard people can go to any extent that we cannot even believe. First is that they make it so personal that they start dragging family members in to that. It utterly disastrous to know what they can do. Again, we cannot do the same whatever hard we try because that is not in our blood.
I am not asking here to be scared of them, never. But ignore. For a few moments let their ego be satisfied, and then one day they will meet someone like them and let them fight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straightdrive (Post 1148885)
Often the best thing to do is to treat these like you would treat a dog on the road - ignore and/or avoid them - but it is difficult.

Absolutely correct.
I know its very difficult, but not impossible. There are many techniques available for that. Best it to make those insane humans beings realize that we are not jokers. I usually tell this when some responsible humans ( typically married men with family ) drive bad, and they do so in most of the cases and numbers increasing by leaps and bounds, " If responsible citizens like you drive like this, what can you expect from us young persons ". They are clueless. Sometimes to those young guns " Man what are you upto, you almost killed me, be cautious man " in a friendly tone and it solves the case. All these creatures thrive on attention + satisfying their pseudo ego.

I am myself a very short tempered human and yet to be even 25, but after many experiences I have now realized that losing temper is losing most of the game. It took me 5 years to keep my mind cool and have a good control. I do lose my mind often, but having a good control over it now. And sometimes I do repent fighting.

Be sure to follow rules and if you are correct, you need not prove it to dogs. Let them fight within themselves, and not us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1148772)

I understand Nitin. But that day was an exception as I lost my temper, in future I will definitely keep these things in mind. On a lighter note the guy did not look like a rowdy for sure but a need to be hero who wanted to show some colors to the chick seating next. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 1149042)
Be sure to follow rules and if you are correct, you need not prove it to dogs. Let them fight within themselves, and not us.

Yes I do agree. When you lose the temper then you lose the game too. Thanks for all your suggestion and will try to incorporate the same. Your chill pills will definitely help me going forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by straightdrive (Post 1148885)
Yesterday (and once before in the last week) a guy in a car behind me honked at me when I slowed down for a speedbreaker! Often the best thing to do is to treat these like you would treat a dog on the road - ignore and/or avoid them - but it is difficult.

This is very common in Hyderabad. Most of the time it's the cab drivers who don't bother about the cars much as they don't pay for the maintenance. :eek:
Yesterday, one of the cabs was trying to overtake a lancer on a curve (near Sweet Nirvana) and brushed him. The lancer guy was furiously shouting at the cab driver. Didn't wait as I had to rush to pick up my car!
And today, while I was driving to office, a Wagon R is behind me kind of very close to my car. I look in the rear view mirror and the guy is on phone! :Frustrati The worst part was, even though there was no place to overtake, he did overtake just to cut across right in front of me! All I had to do was to think - 'Just another educated fool' and that cooled me off!

Hey thanks @ aggo, nitin and sam. That is a great line to take and I try to take it but on that occasion those guys hitting my bonnet with a fist was something that triggered me off.

Mebbe time for a little introspection . . .

Cheers and happy drivinng

If someone cuts across and makes me brake to avoid them, I'm inclined to get mad at them. My wife tells me to save my evergy; they won't even notice me horning, and they certainly won't change.

If someone cuts across or squeezes through too close for comfort, etc, but I do not have to take any avoiding action, sometimes my wife gets mad --- and I say, yes, I could get mad at that, but he could ask, "Did I touch your car? Did you have to move for me? Did I really cause you any problem?" and the answer would be no...

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufRoc (Post 704382)
I don't intend to be judgemental but doesn't that start the whole cycle all over again. The Santro guy would have probably ended up cursing everyone in sight without even realizing that it was a result of something stupid that he did. I mean, whats the point when the other person doesn't realize it. A 'stick it' note on his windshield telling him what the problem was (even if it was to call him the choicest names :)) would have sufficed but thats just my opinion.

Completely:OT, but reminded me of an incident that happened during my school days.

We were coming out of our coaching class late in the evening, from no where came these 5-6 guys and beat the hell out of my friend. Once they were done their leader just said "Stay away from my girl".

And till date our dude dosen't know 'which girl!!'

Similarly, that "poor little chap" was punished....but I wonder, when he didn't have sense enough to not double park, would he be able to understand why was he punished(by scratching his car)??

Deflating tires along with post-it is a really good way to send the message right across.

Regards,