Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2021, 07:10   #1051
BHPian

Re: Car Vandalism!

San Francisco - I parked rented 7 Seater Dodge on a designated roadside Parking at a crossing on the important tourist spot (Jefferson Street) late in the evening. Took my Camera from Camera Bag and left the bag in the Van.
An hour later, returned to find the door windshield smashed and bag gone. Though my Camera was saved but I lost a 100-300mm Tele Lens. Worse still, all my Data including most of my lifetime Photos that were in Hard Drives were also stolen. I may have some old Pics in another drive in PC back home, but my vacation Pics from recent Mexico vacation are lost forever.
Picking up my lost items, I have picked up another another 70-300mm lens, Battery Charger and Spare Batteries, Filters etc.
Police did not bother to reach the theft site as it is not considered a serious crime. Car windshield replacement costed $380 which we had to shell from our pocket as Insurance would not cover anything under $500.
Old 21st December 2021, 09:43   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amrik Singh View Post
\I may have some old Pics in another drive in PC back home, but my vacation Pics from recent Mexico vacation are lost forever.
One thing I learnt after losing my Moto G3 phone in Mumbai local trains after a vacation is that no matter what, always backup your most important memories on a Cloud Drive. At least some very important ones if not all if short on time.

Although, on the other hand having fewer photos or losing the important ones makes you kind of immune to holding on to such things which clutter your mind.
RavSam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 10:37   #1053
Senior - BHPian

When i bought my first car, it had to be parked on the street. There was a small apartment next door. One person from there was unhappy because he had a long car (I think Sonata) and had to slightly reverse when entering and exiting, if my car was parked. My landlord had a discussion with him and told me I could continue to park in the same place. There was no other free space nearby.

In about 9 months after that, I had 4 punctures, which I assumed would have been picked up during regular commute.

Then I moved to another place in the city. In the next several years, I never had a puncture. Suddenly one day it dawned on me that the disgruntled man might have intentionally caused the punctures to force me to park the car elsewhere. If it is true, then how mean some people can be!

Last edited by adisan : 25th December 2021 at 10:54.
Old 25th December 2021, 10:55   #1054
Senior - BHPian

This is not a car vandalism experience exactly, but something I face every day in Kerala. Both my cars are black and hence are dust agents. To make matters worse, I am lazy when it comes to maintaining them. I wash them once every 2-3 months or so when my friends or family makes fun of them too much. So there is always a layer of dust on them and whenever I come back after parking in the street or even designated parking spots, I have phone numbers and addresses of random people written on them. In the recent past, I have seen many expletives and swear words written on all parts of the cars. Some make it a point to write the same thing on all four doors, windows, and even bonnet. It is surprising, how a lot of people have nothing better to do other than writing random things on cars. Fortunately, none has so far scratched the cars.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 25th December 2021 at 11:00.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2021, 11:07   #1055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
It is surprising, how a lot of people have nothing better to do other than writing random things on cars.
True. I have the same experience here in Bengaluru. I dust my car (black colour) every couple of days just for this reason.
robincsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 12:15   #1056
BHPian

Sharing an incident from Bengaluru which by friend encountered last night. He shared these pics via WhatsApp.

This is a deliberate act of vandalism and the perpetrators have left the evidence behind with which they committed the act. It occurred in Saraswatinagara near Vijayanagara. He parks his car outside on the road right in front of his house.

He said he'll file a report with the police, but I'm not sure how serious the police are to even entertain such petty things when they have more important stuff to deal with. Nonetheless, this is a heads up and a warning to people in and around this locality. Beware. Car Vandalism!-img20220310wa0000.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img20220310wa0002.jpg

Car Vandalism!-img20220310wa0003.jpg
Simha.k is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2022, 13:48   #1057
BHPian

A similar thing happened to my month old Kwid. Some miscreant threw a stone on the windscreen which caused three major cracks. Along with this, there are deep scratches on the roof from the failed attempt of throwing stone and a deep scratch on the driver side rear door.

Had to get the windshield replaced with the headache of re-ordering the fastag. During the process of removing the windshield, the guy removing it managed to damage the dashcam wire pretty bad. Had to order that wire as well. :(

Car Vandalism!-img_20220226_103856.jpg

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 10th March 2022 at 13:51.
Old 15th June 2022, 19:44   #1058
BHPian

A different kind of vandalism. Yes, vandalism by car and of car in the same video!

What I could understand happened:
1. Drunk miscreants were performing stunts with a Thar.
2. Locals threw stones at them. One of the glass of Thar breaks.
3. Thar occupants (who were carrying weapons like sticks, rods, baseball bat etc.) come out of their car and the video follows!

It is mentioned that some Deaf and Dumb students were also beaten up.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 15th June 2022 at 19:49.
Old 2nd December 2023, 17:47   #1059
BHPian

In perhaps the most perplexing form of vandalism encountered by me, someone did this to my motorcycle today.

They painted my motorcycle's tacho with this opaque golden paint.

Not a scratch on the bike elsewhere. And not a drop of paint elsewhere. And this isn't a half hearted throw paint and run away. They've done a proper job.

Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-20231202_174251.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks